PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro Mizuno LE51 bat assistance

glasschalice
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I know zip about team sports memorabilia. Ask me about glassware and I might know the answer! :rolleyes:

I have an Ichiro Mizuno LE51 bat in the original bag and box. It belongs to my sister in law who would like me to sell it for her. It has no holo sticker and no paperwork. She works for an insurance company whose client is the Mariners. One of the perks is that the club sends memorabilia like this to their vendors who pass them on to the employees as prizes and rewards, etc. which is how she came by it. They are having tough times and need to liquidate some of their collectibles.

I have no idea what the particulars are about this bat. What terminology I should use if I list it online somewhere, what collectors want to know about it, etc. And of course what a ball park value might be. I've not found this particular model anywhere online yet. The graphics are different from the others that I've seen. It's apparent that there is a wide variance in values but I can't figure out what drives them.
Any help would be awesome!

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 12:44 PM
That bat is a game model Ichiro bat. It is made to look like a game issued bat of his and may be made with lesser quality wood than his real game bats. You can tell it is a game model because the Mizuno above his name plate is ot the right font. Also his recent game bats have 51 lasered in to the knob with light gold foil. Yous has just a stamp. Its a nice bat nonetheless. I saw an exact bat like this on ebay for sale for $499 (I believe), but it didn't sell for weeks and eventuall the seller accepted an offer for the $250 or $300. I may be interested down the line for this. Let me know.

brianborsch@yahoo.com

bigtruck260
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Looks like a 2007-later game issued Mizuno Ichiro autographed bat.

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Its certainly not game issued. Like I said the Mizuno logo above his name plate is different on his gamers and the number 51 under the knob is different. Below are pics of how both should look. This is from a bat that I am in the midst of purchasing. Enjoy!

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
I have only seen one of those game model bats like yours offered online on ebay. There are a ton of his older game model bats out there.

BB

glasschalice
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Is the signature authentic on my bat? Is it missing a holo sticker and COA or were they not part of the original package? I don't want to misrepresent anything.

Thanks!

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
The signature looks authentic. Where are you planning on selling it, and for how much? Like I said, I may be interested. It would make a great addition to go along with my real game issued bat of Ichiro once I get it. Let me know...

brianborsch@yahoo.com

spartakid
01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't the game issued/used bats fro mizuno have "limited" written under mizuno pro on the barrel? Ricardo

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
while that is true for some models, it has not been the case with Ichiro,s current models. There seems to be variances there between certain players and their models.

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Glasschalice,

What's your email? Let me know and we can chat about the bat. I am interested. Thanks!

BB

josh099
01-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Brian is right. This is a retail bat, not even of the same quality as most game models used for autographs, such as the bats you can get from Mill Creek. Theirs are made of a higher quality wood and designed to look exactly like a game issued bat. You can get these for about $50 from your local Joe's. This bat, if let go w/o reserve would get about a $250 to $300 max return - just for the auto itself. It's an Ichiro auto - so that alone will sell the bat.