PDA

View Full Version : Historic How About A Email!!!!!

jetersbatboy
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I am not sure if James or any one from Historic Auctions reads this forum, but anything is worth a try. I have emailed 6 times about payment for a bat that I sold on eBay. My auction terms stated payment with 48 hours. It is now day 7, and I have filled my claim with eBay. I have given you a chance to answer my emails, now I will let everyone know that you are a non-paying bidder. How can you trust an auction house that cant even pay for a ebay item? Why would anyone want to consign to your auction, if you don't pay? Historic you don't even have the common courtesy to return a email. All I want is an answer, are you going to pay or not?

frikativ54
01-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Do they have an auction ending soon? Then, you will get paid! :p

jhunt28
01-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I am not sure if James or any one from Historic Auctions reads this forum, but anything is worth a try. I have emailed 6 times about payment for a bat that I sold on eBay. My auction terms stated payment with 48 hours. It is now day 7, and I have filled my claim with eBay. I have given you a chance to answer my emails, now I will let everyone know that you are a non-paying bidder. How can you trust an auction house that cant even pay for a ebay item? Why would anyone want to consign to your auction, if you don't pay? Historic you don't even have the common courtesy to return a email. All I want is an answer, are you going to pay or not?

I had a problem with them the only time I used them...They sold an item to me which was described one way, but after inspection, was clearly not what they claimed on there auction site. After four tries to tell them why this was not authentic, and the reasons why, I still couldn't get anyone to respond. All I was asking for were reasons why they thought the item was authentic, after I gave them 8 reasons why it wasn't. I gave up after the fourth email, calling them unprofessional. I honestly feel that if we are going to pay those outrageous 20% buyer fees, that we should at the very least get some customer service. I spent about 25mins constructing the email I sent them, and it was done in a very professional manner. It really burns me up because I know someone at Historic read the emails, and just deleted them without responding. Being the customer, you would think someone could have at least responded with a ONE SENTENCE response. Needless to say, I will NEVER use them again.

earlywynnfan
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
What do they say when you call them?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mvandor
01-19-2009, 12:02 PM
What do they say when you call them?

Ken

That isn't the point, why in 2009 - and I'm 54 - should a business treat a modern email communication differently than a phone call?

They shouldn't. Do we have to wait for all of the dinosaurs to die off or retire before we get to that point? Sad. And frustrating.

earlywynnfan
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
That isn't the point, why in 2009 - and I'm 54 - should a business treat a modern email communication differently than a phone call?

They shouldn't. Do we have to wait for all of the dinosaurs to die off or retire before we get to that point? Sad. And frustrating.

Sure, I agree, but isn't it obvious that they aren't going to respond?? We know how this company works. Instead of repeating on here "why aren't they emailing me back," get on the phone, get a human voice, and get some answers!

Ken

jetersbatboy
01-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I called twice, no human voice just an answering machine!!!!

cohibasmoker
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM

From one 54 year-old guy to another, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. They own a business and you would think, as a business that relies on customers, they would do a better job on customer service by at least answering their their emails. Maybe as a couple of old guys, we're expecting too much and we're just too demanding.

I guess if they fail as a business, they can always blame the economy or George Bush but NEVER would they blame themselves.

Jim

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Look, save youself the frustration and accept that they aren't going to pay. That way, if they do down the line you will be pleasantly surprised. Simply put in a dispute with ebay to leave a strike on their account and so ebay will reimburse your sale fees (after 7 days of filing the dispute). The dispute may cause them to complete the deal, or like in my case, it may not make them do anything. What sucked about my case is that the guy kept saying he would pay by a certain date and each time, I got nothing with no communication. He is now a unregistered ebay member. I am not sure what that means, but I can only hope I had something to do with it. I have been sending that jerk some negative emails from time to time to try to egg on a response but I got nothing. It was fun to be abusive to him though as he got me pissed. I would expect the money due to his promises and got no follow through.

jetersbatboy
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I have received payment this afternoon from historic auctions. :D

brianborsch
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Great news! I am happy for you. Thank god you didn't go through the frustration I went through with as*hole #1 on ebay.

jetersbatboy
01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks Brian

jetersbatboy
01-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Brian shoot me a email, when you get a chance!

earlywynnfan
01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Great news! I am happy for you. Thank god you didn't go through the frustration I went through with as*hole #1 on ebay.

Wouldn't that still be Broadway Rick?

Ken