PDA

View Full Version : This Jersey Is Fake?

MUSEOVEN
01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
hello i won this gustavo chacin game used jersey in ebay the last year.. the tag is good but the letters of the back of the jersey, i dont liked.. please check: :confused:

5kRunner
01-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Are you talking about the 39 04 S1 strip tag in the neck?

I'm by no means an expert on jerseys especially Blue Jays jerseys, but it looks very similar to the Cubs strip tags. For example this Zambrano jersey from Rob's site.

http://www.authenticgamers.com/zambrano.05.alt.html

Hope that helps.

allstarsplus
01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
First I thought it had a MLB hologram then I looked closer and I believe it is an ASI hologram. Don't they [ASI] get their game used items 99% of the time direct from the athlete? :D ;)

Rudy is a very good Blue Jays jersey guy so I will email him this link.

markize
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I am by no means an expert on jerseys, but what stands out to me is the lack of size on the strip tag. I'm not sure if this common for the blue jays, but I would expect it to be there. Just my opinion.

Mark

MUSEOVEN
01-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Are you talking about the 39 04 S1 strip tag in the neck?

I'm by no means an expert on jerseys especially Blue Jays jerseys, but it looks very similar to the Cubs strip tags. For example this Zambrano jersey from Rob's site.

http://www.authenticgamers.com/zambrano.05.alt.html

Hope that helps.
HELLO :) I MEAN THE LAST NAME CHACIN.- THANKS

kingjammy24
01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
HELLO :) I MEAN THE LAST NAME CHACIN.- THANKS

what don't you like about the name?

the font seems correct:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7496/sillytb1.jpg

this is the black alternate style that the jays wore from 2004-07. the pics above are strictly from 2004 but there are tons of other pics of the jays using their black alt. jerseys on getty. you can have a look for yourself.

anyway, there are some issues with this jersey. chacin made his major league debut on 9/20/2004 against the yankees. he spent most of 2004 with AA new hampshire and AAA syracuse before finally being called up to the jays in september. in total, he only played in 2 games in 2004. he pitched on 9/20 and again on 9/29 against the orioles. i don't know if they wore the black alternate jerseys in those specific games or if they wore their road jerseys.

the jays sold a 2004 chacin black alternate jersey that they listed as "game worn". it was a size 46 and it was a "spare" jersey; that is, it had no set number (or uniform number..maybe no strip tag at all). this makes sense because chacin was a late-season call-up so he very likely would not have had a jersey with a full-strip tag waiting for him. for a guy that was called up on 9/20, i have to think that the only black alternate jersey he actually wore was the one that the blue jays sold.

museoven, what you likely have is either a game-issued jersey that was issued to chacin but never actually worn or a jersey that was made up by someone else.

rudy.

MUSEOVEN
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
what don't you like about the name?

the font seems correct:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7496/sillytb1.jpg

this is the black alternate style that the jays wore from 2004-07. the pics above are strictly from 2004 but there are tons of other pics of the jays using their black alt. jerseys on getty. you can have a look for yourself.

anyway, there are some issues with this jersey. chacin made his major league debut on 9/20/2004 against the yankees. he spent most of 2004 with AA new hampshire and AAA syracuse before finally being called up to the jays in september. in total, he only played in 2 games in 2004. he pitched on 9/20 and again on 9/29 against the orioles. i don't know if they wore the black alternate jerseys in those specific games or if they wore their road jerseys.

the jays sold a 2004 chacin black alternate jersey that they listed as "game worn". it was a size 46 and it was a "spare" jersey; that is, it had no set number (or uniform number..maybe no strip tag at all). this makes sense because chacin was a late-season call-up so he very likely would not have had a jersey with a full-strip tag waiting for him. for a guy that was called up on 9/20, i have to think that the only black alternate jersey he actually wore was the one that the blue jays sold.

museoven, what you likely have is either a game-issued jersey that was issued to chacin but never actually worn or a jersey that was made up by someone else.

rudy.
THANKS A LOT RUDY :)

kingjammy24
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
here is a picture of chacin pitching in his major league debut on 9/20. it looks like the jays wore their road jerseys in that game.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/127/sillylx4.jpg

chacin may never have pitched in the black alternate in 2004. he probably did wear a black alternate while riding the bench in between starts and that jersey was most likely the one sold by the jays as "game worn" and not this one sold by ASI.

rudy.

MUSEOVEN
01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Rudy.. The Coa Of The Gustavo Chacin Jersey Is From Asi.. Is A Good Coa? Or They Sell Not Original Memerabilia? Thanks

kingjammy24
01-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Rudy.. The Coa Of The Gustavo Chacin Jersey Is From Asi.. Is A Good Coa? Or They Sell Not Original Memerabilia? Thanks

a mi parecer, ASI es muy malo. no acercarse.

rudy.

ahuff
01-16-2009, 04:25 PM
My son owns the 2004 black Chacin. We bought it for him for Christmas. It does not have any strip tag at all, and we purchased it directly from the Jays. It is marked as game worn, but very likely worn while he was just ridin' the pine. Just wanted to let you know.

MUSEOVEN
01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
My son owns the 2004 black Chacin. We bought it for him for Christmas. It does not have any strip tag at all, and we purchased it directly from the Jays. It is marked as game worn, but very likely worn while he was just ridin' the pine. Just wanted to let you know.
HELLO: CAN YOU POST SOME PHOTOS OF THE JERSEY? THANKS

ahuff
01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Here they are. Sorry, but I don't have time to rotate the photos.