PDA

View Full Version : Univ. of Mich game used auction

mattmueller
01-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Just thought I would pass along the following auction link and apologize in advance for bringing any attention to somebody's bid.

Michigan is auctioning the 1989 championship year throwback basektball jerseys. Do many other schools have auctions like this?

http://www.mgoblueauction.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?action=ProductList&Type=All&Mode=Browse&CategoryID=16102

pietraynor
01-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Those are nice & thanks for posting..you can find other colleges auctioning items thru cstvauctions.com. Jay.

David
01-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I know a couple of years ago USC auctioned off a Reggie Bush game used jersey. The COA came from USC Athletic Director and fellow Heisman Trophy winner Mike Garrett. Other than that, you don't often hear of Universities having such auctions.

thome25.com
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Michigan usually auctions Jerseys when they beat the Buckeyes, thats why you haven't seen many jerseys lately...

Go Buckeyes....

jppopma
01-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Darn...another secret revealed.

On the good side, its nice to see them auctioning these up rather than donating them to salvation army like they did a few months ago. I'm still not sure if there were gamers in that bunch or not.

jppopma
01-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey Matt, I was joking about the secret. Hit me up if you hear anything about upcoming garage sales. I live about 20 minutes north of A2 and would love to make it down. Maybe we can meet up before or after. Take care, John

mattmueller
01-21-2009, 06:38 AM
JP - I actually live in Cleveland now. No real inside scoop on the jersey auction, I got an email from the athletic department. As a Wisconsin native and Badger fan, I normally delete emails from them without looking, but just happened to look at this one. Anyhow, I will be sure to pass along anything I find.

jppopma
01-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Matt, Either way thanks for the heads up. I was shocked to see how high they all went for! It was not clear if they were game worn throwbacks, or replicas made to the style of the 1989 ones. Either way, they were way out of my price range. Take care, John

gatorcollector
01-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. I never knew about that. As a college collector I will definitely have to keep an eye on that. Hated looking at all those FSU jerseys though. ;)

David
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Matt, I'm a Badger and my parents met at U of Michigan. Add to it that my Great Grandfather went to Michigan State and my sister went to U of Minnesota, and I'm about as Big Ten as one can get.