PDA

View Full Version : Note to Fellow Users about Public Contact Information

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
As many of you know, I was subject to a vulgar, sexually explicit, and verbally abusive email at the hands of a mysterious brewcrew82_1@juno.com. Thanks to those of you who wrote me and expressed your support and sympathy, as well as your desire to help out. With the aid of a forum member with a computer science degree, I confirmed my suspicions that the sender sent the mail from a fake IP address. This is not a hard thing to do and requires no special devices, as was speculated last night. I believe that I know who the sender is, but I am awaiting confirmation as to the identity of this person - I will make it known when it definitively becomes available.

Today I received a second sexually explicit email. In it, it used very sexist and condescending language to refer to A-Rod's wife, seemed to have inside knowledge :rolleyes: about Bagwell's sex life, and told me in graphic terms how ugly I am. It also insulted Seattle, the town I call my home. I was also repeatedly called a lesbian and demeaned; the second email has also been forwarded to the moderators. What's bizarre is why would I care about an athlete's sex life? I mean, I can't pass judgment on them, because who knows what I'd do if I were blessed with great athletic talent and beautiful people of the opposite sex hounding me.

However, in the meantime, I wanted to warn you about the risk of having your contact information public. I have been a member of GUU for just over a year now, and I am not on here all the time. This is the first time I have had this problem. However, please recognize the dangers of having your information public on this forum; not everyone is respectful of other people's right to receive only respectful and civilized correspondence. It is nice to know where to turn if you want to get ahold of someone. However, with that privilege comes a responsibility to treat people with decency. I am going to leave my contact information public for a little while, with the hope that these emails would stop.

And to the person writing these emails - you read this board - there are more mature ways of handling your disagreements with my baseball opinions, political views, and dislike of my personal appearance. Girls are more than their physical appearance. I make no claim to be beautiful; I just hope I would be respected as any other member of this community. So feel free to keep contacting me if you have respectful things to say. And again, to that insulting person, you should be man enough to come on this board, say who you are, and publicly apologize.

-Frik

sarahsdad
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Well said. And it is a shame that you were subject to that harassment and if it did come from a Forum member what does that say about this Forum? Using a computer to transmit threats and/or sexually explicit emails, I believe, is a federal offense. This should get very interesting. Please keep us posted as to who the alleged offender may be.
sarahsdad

PK
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you need to get the authorities involved, not the moderators

Hope it all works out

skyking26
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you need to get the authorities involved, not the moderators

Hope it all works out
I agree. Get authorities involved. The only reason a moderator should be involved is to remove the perpetrator from GUU permanently once it has been proven that they were the senders of the elicit material.

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree. Get authorities involved. The only reason a moderator should be involved is to remove the perpetrator from GUU permanently once it has been proven that they were the senders of the elicit material.

What authorities should I get involved? I don't know whom to call or email.

staindsox
01-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Just call your local police and they will take it from there. Since gender and sexual orientation were mentioned in the email, they will take it seriously. Depending on what has been said in those emails, it might be considered a hate crime.

Chris

skyking26
01-15-2009, 07:14 PM
You could probably call your local police department and inquire. If your dad has an attorney, call him and inquire. You have rights, and establishing what they are in the parameters of what you have explained here should not be tolerated. Pretty serious offense...

I also note you have your phone number on your signature. I'd remove that now. Too personal. Next thing you know you'll be fielding unwanted calls instead of emails. I believe Vintage is associated with the law in his job and probably could answer some questions too. I know a guy recently here who had his personal number plastered over posts without consent. Some have no regard for respect... Don't advertise info that is too personal in nature.

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Just call your local police and they will take it from there.

Is there a non-emergency line or an email address I could send my concerns to?

notxpensv4u
01-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Hope all turns out well in this matter. It's a shame someone calling there selves a "man" would hide there id and come at you with these types of comments. Whoever did this had no right. Good luck in all you do on this board as I have been a member a long time and only comment only on certain topics. I took the time to let you know you have ethics and sometimes in this world it is very rare. You stand up for what you believe and what is right. The world would be a better place with more people like you and less of others trying to take a dollar. Karma will prevail, it always does. Thanks for sharing.

metsbats
01-15-2009, 08:19 PM
If the person is a member of this forum the moderators should get involved. Members have been banned for lesser offenses.

There's no excuse for that type of harassement which borders on criminal.

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Hope all turns out well in this matter. It's a shame someone calling there selves a "man" would hide there id and come at you with these types of comments. Whoever did this had no right. Good luck in all you do on this board as I have been a member a long time and only comment only on certain topics. I took the time to let you know you have ethics and sometimes in this world it is very rare. You stand up for what you believe and what is right. The world would be a better place with more people like you and less of others trying to take a dollar. Karma will prevail, it always does. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much! I will keep you guys posted. For now, I have removed my phone number, so I don't have to worry about leaving it on at night.

chicagoglen
01-15-2009, 08:49 PM
frikativ54,

I hope you will not let this COWARD stop you from putting whatever information you want on this forum. This person is obviously a LITTLE P.O.S that has to hide behind the guise of the internet to pick on woman. These people make me sick!

Sorry for ranting but that is how I feel.

Glen

staindsox
01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Frik,

Just check your phone book or do a Google search. If you can't find your local police number, just call 911 and have them direct you. I had to do it once and the police were awesome. My local department contacted the local department of a guy who was causing me some problems. His local cops paid him a visit and everything was quickly straightened out. Let's see how tough this "man" is when the cops stop by for a chat.

Chris

ChrisCavalier
01-15-2009, 09:02 PM
If the person is a member of this forum the moderators should get involved.

There's no excuse for that type of harassement which borders on criminal.
I have been in touch with Leslie on this matter and have told her that if we can find out conclusively who sent the email, and if that person is a member here, then swift and severe action will be taken in regards to that person's standing on our site.

While the emails were sent to a private email address, we certainly will not allow anyone sending such hate-ridden messages to post on this site. I also told Leslie that I feel bad she was subjected to such emails. However, to be honest, if the statements in those emails were the sender's true feelings, I feel even more sorry for that person. They appear to be filled with hatred and anger and I think that is a sad way to live life.

chakes89
01-15-2009, 10:44 PM
What time are you getting these emails?

During the day? Late afternoon? Morning?

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
What time are you getting these emails?

During the day? Late afternoon? Morning?

Yesterday at 6 pm or so. Today a little after 1 pm PST. Should be interesting what tomorrow brings. I may be on the road for a while tomorrow, but I'll give everybody an update tomorrow night if I get any more dirt.

chakes89
01-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Yesterday at 6 pm or so. Today a little after 1 pm PST. Should be interesting what tomorrow brings. I may be on the road for a while tomorrow, but I'll give everybody an update tomorrow night if I get any more dirt.
What time is 1 PST in regards to EST?

Im ignorant to the whole time change stuff and don't feel like checking

6 PM PST or EST?

chakes89
01-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Could you please post the specific times you got each email please?

Im trying to see what I was doing at the time you recieved these emails so I can try to clear my name

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 11:21 PM
What time is 1 PST in regards to EST?

Im ignorant to the whole time change stuff and don't feel like checking

6 PM PST or EST?

There is a three hour difference. It is three hours later in Ohio than it is in Seattle or Portland.

Rob L
01-15-2009, 11:29 PM
You can still determine the location of the email from the IP addresses. The IP addresses are set by the Internet provider and there are clearly at least two. Each Internet provider will set it's own unique IP address. There is no need to "mask" an IP address. If they came from the same computer, your forum computer science guy should be able to find the region that they came from.

ndevlin
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.rocktour.net/time_zone_map_2.jpg

chakes89
01-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Just checked my IP

It lists weird city in Ohio that I have never even heard of

What is the site you posted last night Rob?

Rob L
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Try this one:

http://www.find-ip-address.org/

This one even shows a map which showed my IP address at my house.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Same thing came up as the other site

Some city roughly 15-20 miles north of me

Maybe it has something to do with me using RoadRunner

commando
01-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Same thing came up as the other site

Some city roughly 15-20 miles north of me

Maybe it has something to do with me using RoadRunner

The map will not show an exact location of orgin to the mile, because an I.P. address identifies the internet grid (or area) to which the I.P. address was assigned. The specific area that an I.P. address is assigned to varies, based on however large an area the local network happens to be.

Safe to say, the I.P. address of the ofensive email(s) is probably the same as chakes89's local network. Draw your own conclusions here.

3arod13
01-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Disgusted after reading this. Many will have disagreements with each other. Many will not like other individuals personalities or views on things.
But to act out and conduct themselves in this matter, is hateful.

I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Regards, Tony

34swtns
01-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Not a good idea, picking on a girl.
They generally have fathers........very angry fathers who like to hurt people that mess with their daughters.

I know.....I'm one of them.

skyking26
01-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Me too, I'm a father of a son and daughter.

I know IP addresses can eventually be honed right in on. It may take some time, but the offender will stand out eventually like a sore thumb. Hiding won't work. Just a matter of time.

allstarsplus
01-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Les - I think the Moderators have a way to check IP addresses of anyone posting on the site so you should be able to determine if the IP sent to you matches anyone on the site!

Have you forwarded the IP address to the Mods?

I totally agree with the other posters that the line was crossed. Totally chicken sh*t, and I have a daughter too!!!!

AWA85
01-16-2009, 09:02 AM
The map will not show an exact location of orgin to the mile, because an I.P. address identifies the internet grid (or area) to which the I.P. address was assigned. The specific area that an I.P. address is assigned to varies, based on however large an area the local network happens to be.

Safe to say, the I.P. address of the ofensive email(s) is probably the same as chakes89's local network. Draw your own conclusions here.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't think we matched up this IP address with an Ohio area yet did we? Just lot of speculating that is uncalled for until a true answer comes out. In a situation like this where you can actually figure out who did it, there is absolutely no reason to bash people until there is a final clear cut culprit.

CollectGU
01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't think we matched up this IP address with an Ohio area yet did we? Just lot of speculating that is uncalled for until a true answer comes out. In a situation like this where you can actually figure out who did it, there is absolutely no reason to bash people until there is a final clear cut culprit.

I think it was weird that chakes89 was trying to explain where he was when the e-mails were sent? Why would he be doing that when he wasn't accused of anything? Perhaps we'll get an explanation...I'd like to hear what area the IP address originated from...

Regards,
Dave

nomarmauerfan
01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I think it was weird that chakes89 was trying to explain where he was when the e-mails were sent? Why would he be doing that when he wasn't accused of anything? Perhaps we'll get an explanation...I'd like to hear what area the IP address originated from...

Regards,
Dave

Dave,
An entire thread has been deleted that called out Chakes89. That is why his name is being brought up. However, I think everyone needs to stop the drama and let Les, Chris, and people of higher authority figure it out before any more finger pointing goes on. Once the answers come out, then everyone can go nuts. It, obviously, is a bad incident that happened to Les. However, she even states that it may be another person in a different thread. So, let's stop this before it ruins someone who may have nothing to do with this situation. Lets get back to discussing game used equipment...we're all much better at that!!!

Mike

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
There was an entire thread calling me out for something I did not do and I don't really appreciate being attacked when I have done nothing wrong

I swear to God I didn't send her anything and I wouldn't wish what has happened to her on anybody

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
chakes. what is your name? if you don't mind me asking? i've dealt with about everyone on here or at least communicated with them. you i never had the chance. i may be able to help you. i know exactly who brewcrew82_1 is amoung other fake email's he use's. i've been looking for this guy for almost 2 year's. when i catch him. i'll put his a## in jail. so zukor and other's won't have to deal with this guy anymore!

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
i'm sorry i should have put my email up, just in case you have privacy issue's thank's mcfresonke@hotmail.com

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:23 AM
My name is Chris

And I have to admit that I never seen you before either on here

Are you getting these as well?

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
no! i wish he would email me as he's mine when i catch up with him! mine is chris also. i'm a mcgwire collector, so that's probably why we never crossed path's.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I am a Reds collector so that makes sense

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
yeah that's it! but i have talked recently with awa as he's a collect's red's also.

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
sorry i can't control my finger's to good when i think about this guy. sorry for the jumble and spelling! sheesh!

TNTtoys
01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
chakes. what is your name? if you don't mind me asking? i've dealt with about everyone on here or at least communicated with them. you i never had the chance. i may be able to help you. i know exactly who brewcrew82_1 is amoung other fake email's he use's. i've been looking for this guy for almost 2 year's. when i catch him. i'll put his a## in jail. so zukor and other's won't have to deal with this guy anymore!
I see where you are going with this... the guy you are looking for would actually have a motive too, as he was called out by Les here publically. I hope you're right, because I wouldn't want to know that a member in good standing within this community is behind it.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I have been the same way ever since I got blamed for this

zonker
01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
tnt i really hope it's not a member on here either, but i never forget anything about anyone who has screwed me and zukor's email's set off all kind's of alarm's with me. i hope i can finally track this guy down as he has commited numberous phelony's. he has more people to answear to then just me. i'm sure the postal service as well as a few other's would also like to get a current address, phone # anything of this guy. i feel i'm getting closer. and if this guy is on here and read's this. feel assured i do alot of traveling as anyone who know's me, know's this. i have no problem coming anywhere your at and i'll be bringing your local police as well as the fbi and a postal detective with me!

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I am mad as well because I got dragged into this

Hell hath no fury like a Reds Fan scorned

TNTtoys
01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
I found an interesting connection. Please take a look at the following link to the following ebay feedback page:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=manica71&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=2

Specifically the negative left by buyer 'nleet'
"What the hell is wrong with you? Please stop sending vulgar and crude emails."

Looks like there is a past history of this particular person sending distasteful emails.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
tnt i really hope it's not a member on here either, but i never forget anything about anyone who has screwed me and zukor's email's set off all kind's of alarm's with me. i hope i can finally track this guy down as he has commited numberous phelony's. he has more people to answear to then just me. i'm sure the postal service as well as a few other's would also like to get a current address, phone # anything of this guy. i feel i'm getting closer. and if this guy is on here and read's this. feel assured i do alot of traveling as anyone who know's me, know's this. i have no problem coming anywhere your at and i'll be bringing your local police as well as the fbi and a postal detective with me!
It has to be an active member because, from the bits and pieces of the first email Frik posted, the person referenced several things from threads made last week and early this week.

It looked like the person was only using things I said for some reason because it looks like they just copied and pasted what I said on here or crudely paraphrased it.

I doubt a guest is just reading and waiting for things to say to start trouble

And if someone IS doing that they need to grow up and get a life

chakes89
01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
I found an interesting connection. Please take a look at the following link to the following ebay feedback page:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=manica71&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=2

Specifically the negative left by buyer 'nleet'
"What the hell is wrong with you? Please stop sending vulgar and crude emails."

Looks like there is a past history of this particular person sending distasteful emails.
Too bad we cant see what he was buying and selling to see if it matched up with anyone on here

chakes89
01-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Too bad we cant see what he was buying and selling to see if it matched up with anyone on here
Never Mind

Im stupid today

zonker
01-16-2009, 12:11 PM
punch brewcrew82_1 into ebay members and see what you come up with?

chakes89
01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Here we go:

http://myworld.ebay.com/brewcrew82_1

zonker
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
guess what he's a former batboy from the cub's also?

Rob L
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow. Interesting turn of events. If it is manica, Chris is owed a HUGE apology.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Is there any way to see what email address that guy has registered with eBay?

chakes89
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow. Interesting turn of events. If it is manica, Chris is owed a HUGE apology.
That won't be necessary

I will however, accept bats from members of the 1995 Cincinnati Reds

:D

zonker
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
does anyone know how to look up a sammy sosa starter jacket that sold somewhat recently on ebay. it was sold by tampa bay card's or ? read the description and look at the l.o.a.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Just recieved the following information from someone who asked to remain anonymous:

"I believe brewcrew82_1 and manica71 are the same person. Just check the feedback they've left people on ebay.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=brewcrew82_1&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=brewcrew82_1&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers)

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=manica71&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers (http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=manica71&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers)

In examining the feedback they have left you'll see two instances where manica71 ommitted the 'y' in VERY.

From Manica71:
ver fast shipping!!! thank you! (Left on 8-8-08)

From brewcrew82_1
ver fast shipping!!! thank you! (Left on 10-20-07)

There are also two instances of the exact same feedback left by brewcrew82_1.

Notice the identical spelling error of VERY and the exact same usage of the ! point.

Plus the overal feedback they leave is very similar."

Vintagedeputy
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
me thinks someone is owed an immediate apology

Rob L
01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
me thinks someone is owed an immediate apology

I'm with you. Particularly after the initial thread (that was deleted). The original evidence presented was too circumstantial to make a quick accusation.

I hope this works out well for everyone. No one one should be wrongly accused and Leslie should definitely not have to put up with BS from some lowlife.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I think we finally have our culprit. The guy says the following about SkubeBats - "What is so funny is that skubebats who I never ever met can spew all the crap about me on the forum." The "me" that is referenced is obviously manica71, because it is he that SkubeBats was talking about.

Good work, Chakes89. I am sorry that manica71 framed you, by using similar verbiage to you, to make it seem like you were the one who was sending the messages. I should have been more careful before accusing you. I hope you will accept my apology, and I will look into things further before I accuse you of anything in the future.

Rob L
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I think we finally have our culprit. The guy says the following about SkubeBats - "What is so funny is that skubebats who I never ever met can spew all the crap about me on the forum." The "me" that is referenced is obviously manica71, because it is he that SkubeBats was talking about.

Good work, Chakes89. I am sorry that manica71 framed you, by using similar verbiage to you, to make it seem like you were the one who was sending the messages. I should have been more careful before accusing you. I hope you will accept my apology, and I will look into things further before I accuse you of anything in the future.

Leslie, I'm glad you were able to find the culprit. I hope that outing him will help stop the madness.

TNTtoys
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I hope that outing him will help stop the madness.
I think that outing him is what started the madness in the first place.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I think that outing him is what started the madness in the first place.

The weird thing is that I outed him 9 months ago. Here is the thread to prove it - (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15385&highlight=serious+questions).

I have been given two separate addresses for the guy via email, a couple of screen names and three to four email addresses.

Some guy must have too much time on his hands!

Fnazxc0114
01-16-2009, 04:48 PM
frik do you honostly think manica was trying to frame chakes. i read the original post and was embarrassed by it to say the least. the fact that you took random words and combined them and lo and behold this has to be chakes. you should be the one banned from this site. there sure was a lot less drama when you were gone! after you fried chakes makes me wonder how much of the stuff you said about egameused was BS as well. you have cried wolf enough for me to ever pay any attention to any more crap you post on this board

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 04:57 PM
frik do you honostly think manica was trying to frame chakes. i read the original post and was embarrassed by it to say the least. the fact that you took random words and combined them and lo and behold this has to be chakes. you should be the one banned from this site. there sure was a lot less drama when you were gone! after you fried chakes makes me wonder how much of the stuff you said about egameused was BS as well. you have cried wolf enough for me to ever pay any attention to any more crap you post on this board

Yes - I honestly think that manica71 was trying to frame Chakes89. There was too much deliberation for this to be merely accidental. He took the effort to block his IP address and to remain unknown. It would be easier to make it look like someone else did it, and that's just what manica71 did.

You say there was a lot less drama when I was gone, but I want to make it known that I am not at fault for receiving harassing emails. I have been put through hell with this stuff. Just imagine if you were receiving emails accusing you of being a "lesbo", telling you that you were the dumbest thing on the planet, etc. You would say something too.

Some people just stay quiet when there are bad things that go on in the hobby. I don't believe in being passive, which is why I have generated so much controversy. Before I make accusations, I like to find proof. And I am sorry if I jumped to conclusions with the only evidence I had about the harassing emails.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 05:13 PM

And if you want me to leave, I don't have to post here anymore. I have only relayed things here that I believe to be the truth. I'll be going back to school soon, and you won't have to hear from me until the summer. Does that make things better for you?

chakes89
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
No Thanks

otismalibu
01-16-2009, 05:26 PM
No Thanks

Hey someone just sent me a Nigerian ebay penile enlargement email and, they too, used upper case letters and no punctuation.

Damn it chakes...was that you!!!

;)

dcrules01
01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I have been reading the thread but if Chris isn't going to forgive you who can blame him.I read the thread that was deleted and you had your mind set that it was him.It should have been brought to the attention of the higher ups before you went off.I don't agree with what was written to you but 2 wrongs do not make a right.I have always looked at if someone wants to insult me that only makes them the insecure one and that means hey are leaving someone else alone.Again I am sorry for what happened to you but what you did to Chris(Chalkes) doesn't make you much better..

zonker
01-16-2009, 05:33 PM
that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!

AWA85
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Agreed, enough hard facts of using verbage and punctuations :rolleyes:

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I have been reading the thread but if Chris isn't going to forgive you who can blame him.I read the thread that was deleted and you had your mind set that it was him.It should have been brought to the attention of the higher ups before you went off.I don't agree with what was written to you but 2 wrongs do not make a right.I have always looked at if someone wants to insult me that only makes them the insecure one and that means hey are leaving someone else alone.Again I am sorry for what happened to you but what you did to Chris(Chalkes) doesn't make you much better..

I'm not much better than manica71, who has sent me NOW THREE awful emails??? Come on, give me a break. I just followed the evidence I had before me. If I made mistakes, I am sorry. Chakes had said some pretty nasty things on the forum, like he would defend the devil before me. And the verbiage in the letter was very similar to chakes's postings. So I only went on that evidence. I found out it was somebody different, and I apologized accordingly. What more can I do?

If you guys want me to quit the forum, I don't have to come back here. I have endured enough demeaning and harassment. I never called chakes names. I never told him how ugly he is or that he's gay, or that the paper bag was invented to go over his head. That's what manica told me. He also told me tht I was the dumbest person in the world, and that I didn't go to a real college, because it produced somebody as stupid as I am. I never came close to saying anything like that to chakes.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Agreed, enough hard facts of using verbage and punctuations :rolleyes:

I love how you are piling onto me. I risked suspension in August just to help you out, and now I get this crap!?!? Just unreal.

Vintagedeputy
01-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Truer words have never been spoken....I've got to lean this way as well. While no one deserves to be harassed via email, no one who is innocent deserves to be accused on a public forum and have their good name smeared either. You had circumstantial evidence at best and maligned a member of this forum without cause.

I say, don't let the door hit cha...

AWA85
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I love how you are piling onto me. I risked suspension in August just to help you out, and now I get this crap!?!? Just unreal.

Not only did you smear his name all around, you had other people calling him out as if he was proven guilty. Huge mistake.....

Do have a good semester, hope everything gets figured out for you and SETTLED DOWN.

schubert1970
01-16-2009, 06:08 PM

I've had something similar happen to me on a forum years ago. The best remedy was to ignore and delete the e-mail. I'm sure the person who did this is enjoying all the chaos that has been created and accomplished their goal. It seems like they knew which members strings to pull.

mattsr
01-16-2009, 06:09 PM
i am new to this forum but belong to a few others and in my opinion, this should have never be allowed to carry on as long as it it. I dont agree with what happened to both parties involved but, you didnt have to read the emails. You could have sent them to your junk box or deleted them before reading them. And to chris you were cleared of all charges which is great for you and leslie figured out who was sending her emails and can take the next steps to resolve her issue so can this thread be locked since this is the game used momorabilia discussions topics and not what emails we are getting topics. if you want to rid the world of evil and stand up for yourself more power to you and good luck but this is not the forum to do that. just my two cents. Thanks Matt

markize
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I think the original problem is making a public post to contact the moderators, instead of just clicking the "contact forum moderator" button and voicing a concern. Then there were 17 pages of posts accusing chakes, but only a 1 line apology.

Mark

Vintagedeputy
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
but only a 1 line apology.

and a weak one at that!

jgoldstein2000
01-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Frik,

Sorry for what happened to you. Sorry to Chakes for being falsely accused.

I hope you both stay and move on.

J

chakes89
01-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I would like to thank the people that helped and were behind me throughout this whole ordeal

Im glad they didn't do what others did and jump on the "Bash Chakes" bandwagon

I really appreciate it guys

I seriously considered deleting my account after what happened and how I was treated by Frik and to not even get an actual apology is just mind boggling to me

Rob L
01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I would like to thank the people that helped and were behind me throughout this whole ordeal

I seriously considered deleting my account after what happened and how I was treated by Frik and to not even get an actual apology is just mind boggling to me

Chris, I'm glad you're off the hook. What a couple of crazy days.

skyking26
01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
As I have said before, a problem, whether this or another, should be addressed to mods and the whole thing should not have carried thru endless pages of forum. It's non productive and has nothing to do with why we are here. I feel as though we are at Romper Room...

End result is an innocent was accused and, as someone pointed out - got a weak apology in one line in return. Let's leave the forum to GU discussion.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Chris, I'm glad you're off the hook. What a couple of crazy days.
Thanks

I learned not to be on the wrong side of an angry mod :D

GarkoCollector
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Damn it chakes...was that you!!!

;)
nope, it was me

MAKE y0r pEniX 7 inchus lARger!!!!!!1one

GarkoCollector
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Chris,
I wasnt here and didnt see the thread posted about you. You and I are much alike...we say it how we see it and how we feel. I feel bad that a member that had a level of respect on this forum would point the finger at another without undeniable proof. Way to rise above it and take the high road and just graciously decline the apology.
Tom

AWA85
01-16-2009, 08:39 PM
You guys are feeling all sappy for Chris..... he is still a Paul Bako fan and nothing will change that!

chakes89
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks

I learned not to be on the wrong side of an angry mod :D
That should say "Angry Mob"

chakes89
01-16-2009, 08:55 PM
You guys are feeling all sappy for Chris..... he is still a Paul Bako fan and nothing will change that!
I sold that damn bat on eBay

Now leave me alone :D

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 08:57 PM

What more do I need to do for you? I said I am sorry and that's that. I followed the evidence where it led me. He derailed my thread, and I may have jumped to a conclusion based on too little evidence.

For those of you needing to lionize chakes89, you don't realize how he's treated me on this board. He wasn't just randomly victimized; he's been cutting me down on this board for at least the past week. Here's a quote:

"I would have defended Satan in this matter against the person that brought it up."

-Chakes89 about Frik

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=22153&page=6&highlight=bagwell+bat

Every time I tried to say something about Bagwell, he cut me down. When I mentioned that I had a Scott Elarton collection, he starts in with how awful he is and how he's never been good. He hadn't treated me with respect on the board, and he just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. For that, I am sorry.

Chakes89 was framed by manica71, and his goal was to make me think that the former was after me. Manica71 is mad because I outed him, and he wanted to cause some GUU drama. That was his goal. Even the brightest of people make mistakes. Even law enforcement makes mistakes. But should LE be criticized because they were outsmarted once by a conman? NO!

All this bleating by chakes89 takes the emphasis totally off what manica71 has done to me. He has insulted me, made fun of my sexual orientation and my first name, and has told me how unintelligent I am. He said that the paper bag was invented so it could fit over my head. What more can I do for chakes89? If he didn't insult me and criticize everything I said on the board, then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

GarkoCollector
01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
If he didn't insult me and criticize everything I said on the board, then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Sounds like you are continuing to rationalize things. You screwed up. Just leave it at that. The attempts at defending yourself arent helping. Not saying that it was OK to put down your collection, but you make some potentially criminal accusations against someone and you are comparing THAT to him saying your collection sucks? Apples and Oranges there....

AWA85
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Can we start talking about Game Used stuff again? Heading out for the night folks, hope the dust settles by tomorrow! :cool:

chakes89
01-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I was simply voicing my opinion about Bagwell and Elarton just like others were

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a public board

(Even you have to admit that Scott Elarton sucks out loud)

otismalibu
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
For what it's worth, I love lesbians.

And I owe it all to Bob Guccione.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I was simply voicing my opinion about Bagwell and Elarton just like others were

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a public board

(Even you have to admit that Scott Elarton sucks out loud)

Scott Elarton is not the best of all players, I admit that. But you said "you would defend the devil" over me. You haven't liked me from the start, and you are using this as fodder to get back at me.

What more do you guys want?

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 09:14 PM
For what it's worth, I love lesbians.

And I owe it all to Bob Guccione.

I am not a lesbian. Why do I even have to be accused of being one? Since I am female I get judged for the way I look and which sex I am attracted to. If it were a guy that manica71 were attacking, then none of this personal stuff would be brought up.

cigarman44
01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I didn't know who Paul Bako or Scott Elarton was before this thread. Kudos! ;)

chakes89
01-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I didn't know who Paul Bako or Scott Elarton was before this thread. Kudos! ;)
Im sorry that I know them

chakes89
01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Scott Elarton is not the best of all players, I admit that. But you said "you would defend the devil" over me. You haven't liked me from the start, and you are using this as fodder to get back at me.

What more do you guys want?
I DEMAND SATISFACTION

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUAL!

otismalibu
01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I am not a lesbian. Why do I even have to be accused of being one?

I'm not one either, but it seemed like lesbians were unfairly getting dragged into this nasty thread.

I was just giving some love to the Sapphic Sisters out there who may have stumbled upon this message board.

Always looking for Dr. J. game shoes, regardless of your sexual preference.

:)

Rob L
01-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Les,

IMHO, it's time to stop egging this situation on. You accused, you apologized, done. Your continuing to provoke. Manica is not a forum member but he lurks here. Continuing this on the forum is only feeding him. You may have a criminal complaint that should be taken up with the authorities. That would be the appropriate route.

The forum moderators are doing a horrible job by allowing this to continue.

skyking26
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
lock The Thread.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Les,

IMHO, it's time to stop egging this situation on. You accused, you apologized, done. Your continuing to provoke. Manica is not a forum member but he lurks here. Continuing this on the forum is only feeding him. You may have a criminal complaint that should be taken up with the authorities. That would be the appropriate route.

The forum moderators are doing a horrible job by allowing this to continue.

I won't continue. If people have more to say, please email it to me in private. Especially if you have any information about manica71. Bye!

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 09:36 PM
I won't continue. If people have more to say, please email it to me in private. Especially if you have any information about manica71. Bye!

Wow - this guy, manica71 won't leave me alone. I get a fourth email from him, because he's angry at me because Chris Boyd and I criticized his Biggio bat in April. I am going to file a report against him. So if you're reading this manica, don't contact me again. And I mean it!

chakes89
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow - this guy, manica71 won't leave me alone. I get a fourth email from him, because he's angry at me because Chris Boyd and I criticized his Biggio bat in April. I am going to file a report against him. So if you're reading this manica, don't contact me again. And I mean it!
Block Him

chakes89
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
And why do you keep reading his crap?

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 10:01 PM
And why do you keep reading his crap?

I thought he would leave me alone by now. I would like to see manica come onto this forum and post, explaining his actions. Apparently, the guy doesn't like me because Chris Boyd and I criticized his Biggio bat in April. And he doesn't like me because of the political activities I do at my college. Apparently, he thinks I am important enough to google incessantly, since I don't believe I have discussed those activities on this forum. What a bizarre guy this manica is.

allstarsplus
01-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Les - I think the Moderators have a way to check IP addresses of anyone posting on the site so you should be able to determine if the IP sent to you matches anyone on the site!

Have you forwarded the IP address to the Mods?

I totally agree with the other posters that the line was crossed. Totally chicken sh*t, and I have a daughter too!!!!

I think a few people believe in "Innocent until proven guilty" while a few others jump on a bandwagon and are ready to throw people into the People's Court without having all the facts.

Too many times things get personal and I for one think this whole Thread should get deleted.

chakes89
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I thought he would leave me alone by now. I would like to see manica come onto this forum and post, explaining his actions. Apparently, the guy doesn't like me because Chris Boyd and I criticized his Biggio bat in April. And he doesn't like me because of the political activities I do at my college. Apparently, he thinks I am important enough to google incessantly, since I don't believe I have discussed those activities on this forum. What a bizarre guy this manica is.

Why do you care about what he says so much?

Just get over it and move on with your life

ndevlin
01-16-2009, 10:50 PM

Hes bothering you because you keep telling the forum about whats going on and what you're going to do next. If I were you I would drop the whole thing now and do what you need to do behind closed doors. He's getting a kick out of all this...

sonic
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
You say there was a lot less drama when I was gone, but I want to make it known that I am not at fault for receiving harassing emails. I have been put through hell with this stuff. Just imagine if you were receiving emails accusing you of being a "lesbo", telling you that you were the dumbest thing on the planet, etc. You would say something too.

Why can't you simply stop reading the emails and delete them? Harassment is wrong, but your melodrama IS starting to wear thin. If being called a "dumb lesbo" is your definition of going through "hell" then you live a charmed life.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Why can't you simply stop reading the emails and delete them? Harassment is wrong, but your melodrama IS starting to wear thin. If being called a "dumb lesbo" is your definition of going through "hell" then you live a charmed life.

If a guy were writing this, you wouldn't call it melodrama. I challenge you to actually read what this guy has been writing me, and then tell me I exaggerate. Ask the moderators. They have read the trash manica has written, and how I am being singled out because I am a woman.

earlywynnfan
01-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Les, if you're going to worry about what every nutjob out there thinks and says about your beliefs, favorites, ideals, and hairdo, you are going to have a long, miserable life. He's a jerk, but he's only getting a rise out of you because you LET him. Listen to the people, or stop posting: IT ISN'T WORTH YOUR TIME TO KEEP GETTING ANGRY ABOUT SOME RANDOM JERK!!

Let it go.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

schubert1970
01-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Les, if you're going to worry about what every nutjob out there thinks and says about your beliefs, favorites, ideals, and hairdo, you are going to have a long, miserable life. He's a jerk, but he's only getting a rise out of you because you LET him. Listen to the people, or stop posting: IT ISN'T WORTH YOUR TIME TO KEEP GETTING ANGRY ABOUT SOME RANDOM JERK!!

Let it go.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both-teams-played-hard
01-17-2009, 12:27 AM
This thread doesn't seem to be helping the game-used hobby.
Thanks for playing, but I'm locking this thread.

skyking26
01-17-2009, 12:53 AM
It wasn't helping the hobby 12 pages ago let alone now. I think we've all heard enough. Lock it.

Rob L
01-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Screw locking this, would the moderators please delete this!

aeneas01
01-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Screw locking this, would the moderators please delete this!
i second that. please delete this utterly embarrassing, worthless exchange...

jobathenut
01-17-2009, 06:12 AM
lock this thread already...do the mods even read this board?terrible job on this,what does it take,you have member after member telling you to do it,so please,for the love of derek jeter lock this thread:eek:

skyking26
01-17-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm guessing it'll get locked or deleted Monday. It's the weekend. Mods may be at the Cubs Convention in Chicago...

jppopma
01-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Les, you posting and making such a big deal about the e-mails is just what a person like this wants. They are looking for a reaction and this is just what you are giving them. It's not right for people to act this way, but the delete button goes along way in cases like this. All of this is just fueling his fire and once he knows he can get under your skin, it will only continue or get worse.

Best of luck on ending your harassment.

34swtns
01-17-2009, 10:07 AM
OR, whether it's within your ability to lower yourself to his level or not, you could just simply do what I do when someone blasts me.........blast 'em back twice as hard.

The only thing an a-hole understands is a verbal fist in the face.
"Peace through superior firepower", indeed.

It might sound a bit immature to some of the more litigious members here but I guarantee you it gets morons off your back quickly, and it's way faster than waiting for moderators, administrators, etc., to help you with your problem.

While It may not be for everybody, it's my prefered method of "pest control" and it seems to work.

Just a suggestion. ;)

ChrisCavalier
01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I have been in touch with Leslie offline since she received her first email and I suggested to her last night that she not even open emails from the sender any longer...better yet to block the sender if possible.

At this point I am going to lock this thread since the emails are not taking place here and I don't see any value in discussing them here any longer. If the identity of the sender is someone registered on this site their account will be banned forever.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this topic please feel free to contact me directly.