PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why the Astros don't sell their game used jerseys?

BamaHater
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know why the Houston Astros don't sell their gamers to the public? Rarely they will have some special jerseys up for auction on MLB auction ie. Jackie Robinson Day jerseys. Last I heard they had gotten rid of their 1998 jerseys in a bulk lot. They apparently keep their jerseys in storage to sit for years. They could make so much money selling them to the public and we know Uncle Drayton like to make money off the fans:p

frikativ54
01-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know why the Houston Astros don't sell their gamers to the public? Rarely they will have some special jerseys up for auction on MLB auction ie. Jackie Robinson Day jerseys. Last I heard they had gotten rid of their 1998 jerseys in a bulk lot. They apparently keep their jerseys in storage to sit for years. They could make so much money selling them to the public and we know Uncle Drayton like to make money off the fans:p

I know the Astros had some jerseys auctioned off on MLB.com Auctions right after the end of the regular season. Whose jersey are you looking for? Email me, and I could give you the name of a contact who could get you some stuff. It's lazukor@gmail.com.

-Frik

cjosefy
01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
The Astros are waiting for someone to purchase all of their jerseys in a bulk buy. I assume this would take a lot of money. Other than MLB.com auctions, they used to auction off the jerseys the players wore while signing autographs at Fan Fest. These jerseys were almost always game used jerseys from earlier seasons. Last year, Fan Fest was held the same day as their final exhibition game so they auctioned off the jerseys worn in that game. I assume the same thing will happen this year.

larry bourget
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
I have a couple game used Beautiful defunct style 1998 Astros #16 Tom McCraw jerseys for $100. each plus postage if any of you Astro's collectors are interested. Pics available.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

BamaHater
01-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I know the Astros had some jerseys auctioned off on MLB.com Auctions right after the end of the regular season. Whose jersey are you looking for? Email me, and I could give you the name of a contact who could get you some stuff. It's lazukor@gmail.com.

-Frik

email sent

Astros7
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Just got an e-mail from the astros season ticket holder MVP update. The astros will launch "Astros Authentics" at the stadium this year and sell game used items to fans...here is the article from the astros website for season ticket holders....I don't know what all they will sell, but the article just talks about game used balls, lineup cards, etc...it doesn't mention jerseys. The currently sell bats in the team store, but mostly from past astros players, not on the active roster.

"The Astros are pleased to announce the launch of "Astros Authentics" this season at Minute Maid Park. Fans will now have greater access to purchase game-used items such as baseballs, lineup cards and other exciting items directly from the dugout and field. This new and exclusive brand will work through the MLB Authentication program, the first and only professional sports league to implement a program that easily distinguishes game-used memorabilia from other items on the market. Every item sold through Astros Authentics will feature a tamper-proof hologram and serial number from which collectors will be able to verify at mlb.com. With the rise in popularity of these rare pieces of baseball memorabilia, Astros Authentics will provide fans a way to take home part of the game itself."

twinsbb17
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Hopefully this makes it easier for some Erstad gamers to show up on the market.

BamaHater
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Sweet

frikativ54
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Great to hear!

hrvatwill
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
A question to anybody who has visited the store in which the Astros sell GU items. I live a couple blocks from Minute Maid Park and meandered over to the Team Store yesterday which can be entered through Union Station. I did not see any GU items there and when I inquired about them, the lady behind the counter looked at me as if I were from outer space. Exactly where in the stadium are the items sold? Is the location only accessible during games? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

tigerhidden
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
It's a little stand located behind home plate, looks like they turned one of those souvenir stands into a game used stand. As far as I know it's only accessible during the game.

Astros7
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
It is only open during games. Its a kiosk behind section 122 (which is behind home plate). I went to the game this past friday...here is the inventory report...

Not much selection in there just yet...spring training jerseys from 06-07...all the big names were gone except lidge...he was $300 and there were at least 2 of those, lots of coaches and minor leaguers...mostly ex astros players. Prices were $100-$300...example of the prices...Only current roster players included - Quintero who was $100, & Chris Sampson was $175

Not much bat selection but was told by Mike Acosta it will get better as the year goes on. Carlos Lee was $550, Tejada was $500 or $550...then some minor/major leaguers Abercrombie and Saccamonto were around $150-200

Lots of Lineup cards from 05-08 ($75), lots of Game Used balls...new balls come in after every game ($40 i think).

Green Hats and the 10th anniversary minute maid park hats were on sale (all big names sold) prices started around $80 I believe and big names were $250-$300 but had sold.

They had some nice game used bases one that caught my eye was a 08 opening day with a sticker of $350

Its a small store, but according to Mike Acosta new items will be coming in at least weekly. Items were selling pretty quick, at least 10 items were sold by the 4th inning when I bought a lineup card, they keep a running list each game of what sells.

Hopefully they will get some true game used jerseys before too long and not just sell the bp/spring training ones all year....we shall see

Astros7
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I just got an e-mail from Mike Acosta stating that they will have some older game worn jerseys available during the next homestand. He said they will be from this decade, but there will be various types/styles of jerseys for sale....If anyone goes by there on the next homestand, let me know what is available. Thanks!

hrvatwill
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your responses, very informative. Astros7, if I make any games, I will post what is available.

larry bourget
04-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a couple game used Beautiful defunct style 1998 Astros #16 Tom McCraw jerseys for $100. each plus postage if any of you Astro's collectors are interested. Pics available.

I will sell this pair for $175. U.S. delivered.