PDA

View Full Version : Barry Larkin

AWA85
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Looking Barry Larkin game used bats, batting gloves, fielding glove, cleats or caps. Willing to pay top dollar for any of these items.

AWA85@live.com

AWA85
01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Any leads?

chakes89
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I may have found something interesting while looking for stuff for the project I am working on

I need to see if they still have the bats though

AWA85
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Still looking for any Larkin items.

AWA85
06-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Any Larkin items out there? Please contact me AWA85@live.com

Neely8
07-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Here's an interesting story showing Adam's (AWA85) character that I feel should be brought to the Forum's attention. I responded to this member's Barry Larkin request since I own two of his game worn jerseys, a road pinstriped, sleeved jersey worn in the mid 90's and a Spring Training/BP jersey. After fielding NUMEROUS questions and sending several pics. to Adam and after he beat me down on the price he finally agreed to buy the ST/BP jersey. He informed me, however, that he would need a week, two at the most to pay for it. I stated that would not be a problem. Two weeks then passed and I had not received payment yet so I emailed him to ascertain the status of it since I had not heard anything from him in awhile. He informed me that another jersey had come up and was buying that one. Since I was in no rush I then offered him more time if he still wanted it. He stated he was no longer going to honor his commitment to buy the jersey after he wasted my time with numerous emails, sending him pics., and stringing me along for two weeks. The lame excuse he used was that he was no longer interested in the jersey due to some of the replies of my emails. Now mind you, I was nothing but nice to this guy during this entire transaction, promptly answered every question he asked, sent him numerous pics. of it, and even gave him two weeks to pay for it. I have no idea what replies he is referring to which caused him to lose interest in the jersey. I just wanted to make this known how this guy handled this transaction so those who choose to deal with him in the future can do so with this in mind. John.

AWA85
07-08-2009, 08:23 AM
This will be my final response to John, because I feel often the forum becomes too much of an argument/ name calling forum instead of a game used forum.

People can look at my my perfect ebay rating of 264/264 transactions at a 100% perfect feedback. Name is adamoooo21.

People can look at my countless flawless auction purchases including a past GUU auction purchase.

People can also look at 50 or more perfect trades, purchases, and sales with Reds collectors and other members here on GUU without a single complaint.

Along with the story, John left out one of the main keys to the story that a member purchased jersey I did not plan on for myself at a charity auction. (glad he did, as he knew it was a grail to me). Hard to factor that in when you are selling items and trying to bring together funds for other game used purchases.

Neely8
07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
You can put whatever spin you want on it Adam. The fact of the matter is that you jerked me around big time which is not acceptable. It tells me a lot about your character (or lack thereof).

I've also had a number of successful deals on here with no problems and have 100% ebay feedback 408/408 - fastimes5, so what's your point? You think giving people your ebay stats makes it ok to do what you did? I gave you EVERY opportunity to complete this deal including offering you more time but you stated you are not honoring your COMMITMENT because of some of my email replies? Get real. I was nothing but cordial and accomodating to you during the course of this.

It's not like I solicited you to buy the jersey. YOU posted a WANT AD for it remember? It's amazing you came up with the money quick enough for this other jersey but had to string me along for two weeks even after you whined about the price and I reduced it for you. It's obvious to me you have a lot of growing up to do.

VALAIKA COLLECTOR
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I have dealt with Adam (AWA 85) on numerous occassions on trading and purchasing items and have never had a problem with him. I would not hesitate to do business with him again, always honors what he says. Just wanted to give feedback on my experiences with him.

Neely8
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I have dealt with Adam (AWA 85) on numerous occassions on trading and purchasing items and have never had a problem with him. I would not hesitate to do business with him again, always honors what he says. Just wanted to give feedback on my experiences with him.

Contrary to your statement he doesn't always honor what he says as evidenced by the way he handled this Larkin transaction.

joelsabi
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
This will be my final response to John, because I feel often the forum becomes too much of an argument/ name calling forum instead of a game used forum.

People can look at my my perfect ebay rating of 264/264 transactions at a 100% perfect feedback. Name is adamoooo21.

People can look at my countless flawless auction purchases including a past GUU auction purchase.

People can also look at 50 or more perfect trades, purchases, and sales with Reds collectors and other members here on GUU without a single complaint.

Along with the story, John left out one of the main keys to the story that a member purchased jersey I did not plan on for myself at a charity auction. (glad he did, as he knew it was a grail to me). Hard to factor that in when you are selling items and trying to bring together funds for other game used purchases.

i have had a transaction with AWA85 and he is easy to deal with.