PDA

View Full Version : Who else is pissed about ebay's no negative feedback for buyers policy????

brianborsch
01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
This totally sucks! I have a deadbeat bidder who will simply get to walk away after being "legally binded" and refuse to pay. I just bid on an car at a $50,000 bid and am planniong on not paying. Sure I'll get a "strike" mark on my acoount. But thats just a warning. It doesn't limit my account any. The seller will be pissed and hopefully enough people complian so that ebay brings back the negative feedback! Who's all with me?

allstarsplus
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't like it, but the non-paying bidder form will fix them in the long run.

The typical problem are the bidders with no feedback that get their *$&^@ off by screwing with sellers.

allstarsplus
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, use the cancel a bid option for anyone you don't feel comfortable with. You can't use this of course if it is a last minute bid.

markize
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
If it is a "binding contract" you could take them to court right? The problem is that it isn't worth it for a few hundred dollars. In your case, it may be worth it for the seller who has you on the hook for $50000 so be careful. I do understand your point though.

Mark

brianborsch
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
It won't get to $50,000, but it is already at $11,000 with 5 days to go. It might end up at $15,000 or so. I ain't paying because I ain't got the money. I just hope to piss off the buyer to stir things up with ebay. It is such a dumb policy.

TFig27
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
This totally sucks! I have a deadbeat bidder who will simply get to walk away after being "legally binded" and refuse to pay. I just bid on an car at a $50,000 bid and am planniong on not paying. Sure I'll get a "strike" mark on my acoount. But thats just a warning. It doesn't limit my account any. The seller will be pissed and hopefully enough people complian so that ebay brings back the negative feedback! Who's all with me?

Maybe the guy who bid on your auction was trying to prove the same point.....hmmmmmm

brianborsch
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Then I must support my fellow man and share the wealth of their awesome no negative feedback policy!

brianborsch
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
We'll see. I may retract the bid. I am just pissed that a company can be so stupid to pass such a dumb process.

chakes89
01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
It won't get to $50,000, but it is already at $11,000 with 5 days to go. It might end up at $15,000 or so. I ain't paying because I ain't got the money. I just hope to piss off the buyer to stir things up with ebay. It is such a dumb policy.
AWESOME IDEA

:rolleyes:

brianborsch
01-13-2009, 12:33 AM
We'll see. I am curious how far the seller will take it it is just for $15,000. A lawyer can get expensive. A good experience indeed.

aeneas01
01-13-2009, 01:03 AM
why would the seller of the car be pizzed? you're probably his new best friend and don't even realize it - especially if you continue to bid up his item even though you don't intend to pay if you win. heck, your his perfect shill bidder, no? and he'll just sell to the second highest bidder at a price he probably wouldn't have realized if you hadn't jumped in on the action...

fwiw i like ebay's policy - far too many seller's have gotten away with murder for years. further, i really don't know what the big deal is when it comes to the occasional dead-beat bidder. the seller still has the item in his possession, his ad is already prepared - all he has to do is relist the damn thing or issue a second chance email to the next highest bidder, right? seems like a rather small inconvenience given the tremendous outlet ebay provides. jmo.

Neely8
01-13-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm not seeing why you would dick someone else over just because you got dicked over by someone? Maybe if it was the person that screwed you over who was selling the car then that would be perfectly acceptable but why mess with someone who isn't even involved?

Neely8
01-13-2009, 08:55 AM
By the way, I completely agree with you about FEEbay's new policy about sellers not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers. That is a joke and I can't believe they haven't gotten enough flack yet to change it back.

brianborsch
01-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Anyways, I have remedied the car situation. I was just upset. It doesn't mean I like the policy. We'll see what happens with the ebay policy. I went under a few email addresses (my wife's and had some friends as well) just barrage ebay with complaints about the policy. Hopefully the feedback helps.

BB

cohibasmoker
01-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Feedback system? What exactly does that mean if you can't leave feedback for another member.

Just a thought

sammy
01-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Just curious, did you join in the boycott against eBay back in Feb. in regard to this change in the feedback policy?

I tried to enlist members on this board and others to join in, but most of what I received was ridicule, negative comments, and whining.

Unless you joined the boycott and at least tried to do something then, I personally have no sympathy for anyone that whines about eBay's feedback policy now.

EBAY BOYCOTT:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14430 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14430)

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14431 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14431)

David
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
eBay has made numerous dubious changes in recent months, and the new feedback system is one of them. Duly note that eBay's market share compared to companies like Amaon has fallen markedly since the changes.

10thMan
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I`ve commented about Ebays greed & their pursuit of "the Dollar" on several threads. I believe I even started a Thread. This was about 2 years ago. I pretty much took a beating with comments about how I was whining etc...Making it a "buyers market" including the no negative feedback issue, only helps EBAY.

Sean

suicide_squeeze
01-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Feedback system? What exactly does that mean if you can't leave feedback for another member.

Just a thought

EXACTLY!

allstarsplus
01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
eBay needs to add a Non-Paying-Bidder line on the Feedback which is a more objective feedback in my opinion.

On one of the eBay conference calls they felt the dis-honest seller was the biggest problem and Non-paying-Buyers would be suspended after 3 strikes.

Luckily most people on eBay are honest, but with that said I still endured a few relistings due to non-payers this past year.

One other note that was brought up on the conference calls was that most sellers were afraid of leaving Negatives because they didn't want the retaliation Negative from the buyer and that was another reason.

The other tool is you can block bidders from ever bidding again as well as the ability to cancel bids.

I am mostly a seller on eBay so the 1st thing is I have saved seller preferences and posted my own rules on my auctions. For the first time during an auction I followed through and cancelled someone's bid. It was tough as I had 2 bidders driving up the price and 1 I knew was legit and the other wouldn't pick up the phone and call me so I cancelled him. It dropped the final price of my auction over $1,000 but I felt it was the right thing to do.

I think when you are buying it is caveat emptor and when you are selling it is caveat venditor which is let the seller beware!!! It is just extra due diligence.

GarkoCollector
01-14-2009, 09:36 AM
The 3 strikes policy is a load of horsecrap. Oh boy, big deal. They get a new ID, screw your over, get another ID and do it again. Even if you require people with 1 feedback or more, they can post a 1 cent auction with BIN and have the dupe win, leave positive feedback and go from there. There is even an automated program that I am aware of that will complete this process for people that want to shill their own auctions from multiple ID's, saving them the reserve fees.

I had a guy string me along for awhile on something i bought only to realize he knew there was a statute of limitations on ebay for things bought. He knew it and once it was over, he stopped responding. I got mine, but it was a hassle. Ebay could care less about buyers. They dont make money off of them unless sellers have things listed. Ebay is always up my butt because I listed something in the wrong category or theres something imperfect about my listing.

Until someone challenges ebay in a serious way, they have no reson to stop what they are doing.

allstarsplus
01-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Ebay could care less about buyers. I think the system protects the buyers as much as it always has and probably more so with the PayPal protection plan.

The problem at hand is non-paying buyer and protecting sellers. I just wish the resolution period was quicker to get a Final Value Credit.

TriplexXxSports
01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
We do quite a bit of selling on eBay, and I cannot agree with All-Star more. 15 days for a Final Value Credit is outrageous! Its funny, ebay has no troubles taking your hard earned money immediately, but when it comes to returning your money, they take their sweet time. The worst is the holidays! You try and be nice to the new-bee's because its Christmas, but that seems to be when the dead beat buyers come out of the woodwork. We had at least a half dozen buyers that never paid. We are just now seeing the Final Value credits, and its mid Jan. Ridiculous.

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game-Used Items

jetersbatboy
01-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I am posting this here after trying to contact historic auctions on several occasions by email. I recently sold a Steiner Game used Jeter bat on eBay In hopes of raising some much needed cash to peruse another item. My auction terms stated payment within 48 hours. After the 48 hours past I sent a email to Historic about payment, witch I did not receive a response. I emailed historic again 24 hours later in hopes of a response, still no response. It is now 6 days and I have not heard a word from historic and am pissed. I know eBays allows for 7 days but 48 hours was my terms. I am flexible about payment if I am made aware of what is going on. I also contacted a fellow forum member who sold an item to historic, I was told they paid after 3 weeks and a ebay claim with an unpaid strike. It would not be so bad if they would just respond to emails and let me know what was going on.

JAMES(HISTORIC AUCTIONS) WHEN BIDDING ON YOUR AUCTION SITE YOU HAVE LISTED TERM ABOUT PAYMENT. THESE TERMS ARE EXCEPTED TO BE FOLLOWED. WHY NOT SET A GOOD EXAMPLE AND FOLLOW TERMS OF SOME ELSES AUCTION. DONT BE A DEAD BEET BIDDER. ALL I WANT IS A RESPONSE!!!

EBAY SUCKS FOR THE SELLER

allstarsplus
01-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I am posting this here after trying to contact historic auctions on several occasions by email. I recently sold a Steiner Game used Jeter bat on eBay In hopes of raising some much needed cash to peruse another item. My auction terms stated payment within 48 hours. After the 48 hours past I sent a email to Historic about payment, witch I did not receive a response. I emailed historic again 24 hours later in hopes of a response, still no response. It is now 6 days and I have not heard a word from historic and am pissed. I know eBays allows for 7 days but 48 hours was my terms. I am flexible about payment if I am made aware of what is going on. I also contacted a fellow forum member who sold an item to historic, I was told they paid after 3 weeks and a ebay claim with an unpaid strike. It would not be so bad if they would just respond to emails and let me know what was going on.

JAMES(HISTORIC AUCTIONS) WHEN BIDDING ON YOUR AUCTION SITE YOU HAVE LISTED TERM ABOUT PAYMENT. THESE TERMS ARE EXCEPTED TO BE FOLLOWED. WHY NOT SET A GOOD EXAMPLE AND FOLLOW TERMS OF SOME ELSES AUCTION. DONT BE A DEAD BEET BIDDER. ALL I WANT IS A RESPONSE!!!

EBAY SUCKS FOR THE SELLER

I have said it before and I will say it again that eBay is the format and portal, and they aren't the scumb*gs trolling the internet. Your beef should be with the buyer [Historic].

Many of us have sold on Mastronet, Lelands, and GUU and how many times do you get a partial payment on your consigned items because the buyer didn't pay on time?

eBay has tens of thousands of auctions close every day and the majority go off without a hitch.

The problem is the reflection of what is wrong with society which is dishonest people and people lacking a basic morality. eBay Corporation isn't dishonest as they are the portal that dishonest people troll on just like they do in other walks of life.

Interesting looking at Historic's eBay feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=historicauctions&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer

Good luck, my prediction is they will pay.....eventually. Also keep in mind that you can now leave Positive or no feedback at all. If you leave Positive feedback, you can still leave NEGATIVE words like "My auction stated 48 hour payment and it took them 6 days-NOT GOOD!"

jetersbatboy
01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Andrew,
My beef is with historic. I just dont like eBay's feedback policiy.

allstarsplus
01-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Andrew,
My beef is with historic. I just dont like eBay's feedback policiy.

Then we are both in agreement! Trust me, the eBay system is far from perfect.

99% of buyers now pay with PayPal so they should go to the same system as MLB Auctions has and charge the credit card immediately upon winning the auction then you wouldn't have the issues they have now.

I would expect sellers to come running back to eBay if they went to this system.

Thoughts?

jetersbatboy
01-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Andrew, I am in total agreement with you!!!!!!!!!!!

bigtime59
01-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Then we are both in agreement! Trust me, the eBay system is far from perfect.

99% of buyers now pay with PayPal so they should go to the same system as MLB Auctions has and charge the credit card immediately upon winning the auction then you wouldn't have the issues they have now.

I would expect sellers to come running back to eBay if they went to this system.

Thoughts?

Two thoughts:
1) They'd clear your Paypal balance first. (As I don't want them doing that, I'd have to make sure my PP balance was cleared every day).
2) I don't know how the system would work, unless it's a half.com thing where you don't get paid until the shipment is confirmed. In their auctions, MLB takes the money, but the clubs do the shipping. I won a jersey on mlb.com on December 17, and it wasn't shipped until the second week in January.

Kong's Landing
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
You guys are RIGHT on here. Another thing that chaps my hide is the hidden bidder idea (scrambled name i.e. 4**1). I use to contact different members from time to time (& visa versa) to ask questions about an item or possible trades after the auction is over. But now you don't have a clue on who's bidding. Any smokescreen to benefit EBAY.

Just my opinion

Erik Bakalar

Dave Kingman nut since 76'