PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

AWA85
01-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I am not a huge seller on ebay, but have sold a couple of items. Was wondering how long you guys wait for people to pay? When I purchase items, I try and pay immediately. My thought is.....I wanted the item enough to buy, I might as well pay right away.

Let me know what you think, I am running into a few buyers that are dragging their feet with their payments.

grenda12
01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I have posted on all my eBay auctions this:

NO RETURNS!!!

Please let me know of your payment intentions. PayPal payment must be made in 48 hrs. Payment other than PayPal must be received with in 7 days at end of auction.

I post this under the 'Seller's payment instructions'

Technically through eBay you have, I believe, 7 days to get paid.

Hope that helps!

whirl
01-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I think that a week is plenty of time to make payments, unless they contact you and let you know what is going on. Rex

allstarsplus
01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I am not a huge seller on ebay, but have sold a couple of items. Was wondering how long you guys wait for people to pay? When I purchase items, I try and pay immediately. My thought is.....I wanted the item enough to buy, I might as well pay right away.

Let me know what you think, I am running into a few buyers that are dragging their feet with their payments.

Like you, I pay right away as most of my buyers do. You can set some eBay buyer parameters so some can't bid hence trying to keep away deadbeats.

frikativ54
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
In case you haven't realized, eBay has more problems than merely payment on time. :p Check out the following auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320331169083.

AWA85
01-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Like you, I pay right away as most of my buyers do. You can set some eBay buyer parameters so some can't bid hence trying to keep away deadbeats.

I will have to try that next time.... funny thing is I am waiting on a frequent forum member to pay haha. Small world

suave1477
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I always give the buyers benefit of the doubt at least a week or 2

There can be a million things that come up between you bidding and getting a chance to make a payment.

if the buyer has good feedback and let them have the opportunity to pay

The buyer mifght of had an emergency and had to go away
Might of forgot he bid on the item
Came up short with money at the last second but still is finding away to pay.

Different reasons

Give them a chance

Vintagedeputy
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
In case you haven't realized, eBay has more problems than merely payment on time. :p Check out the following auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320331169083.

I dont even want to know how you found that auction.......

spartakid
01-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Wow, I can't believe ebay is allowing that to run, and better yet that it has bids!

Dewey2007
01-13-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm not a big seller either but generally give folks a week or so after I have sent the invoice. I've only had to threaten reporting a buyer once and they finally came around and paid.

There is an option to require immediate payment if your listing is a Buy It Now. This may cut down on folks dragging their feet but may also cut down some on interest in the item if folks know they have to pay right then and there.

chakes89
01-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Thats just not needed

Anywhere