PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rice Rookie Bat

sayhey24
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Rookie bat of the man who may be about to become the newest member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. This is a 1973-75 Rice gamer, model B267, a hair shy of 36 inches, very heavy, with lots of use and some pine tar on upper handle. The handle is uncracked, and as you can see in one of the photos there is a large slice missing on the back of the barrel, in the spot where that often happens. Rice's number 14 is on the end of the bat in vintage marker, several things have been written on the unchipped knob, you can make out an original 4 there.
Bat is autographed - Jim Rice #14. The bat is stunning when viewed from the front. There are a lot of Rice bats out there, but not many rookie bats. They will be selling in the 1500 dollar range if he makes the Hall.
Price on this one today is 500 dollars. First email to say "I'll take it" gets it.

sayhey24
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Sorry - I must be rusty, forgot to include email address for anyone interested in the Rice bat:

eraser1980@aol.com

Greg

sayhey24
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
This Jim Rice rookie bat sold within minutes of my post two weeks ago, but the buyer has been unable to come up with the money, so it's back up for sale.
Rice rookie bats are actually listed as high as $3500 on ebay.
The price on this bat is $500 delivered. I have a couple of additional photos, but could only put three on the listing.
Thanks for your interest, and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Greg
eraser1980@aol.com