PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Fan Fest

SkubeBats
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
THE BREWERS ARE ONCE AGAIN HOLDING FAN FEST IT WILL BE ON JANUARY 24th. THE DOORS OPEN UP AT 10:00 AM AND IT RUNS UNTIL 5:00 PM. TICKETS CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE FOR $15.00 FOR ADULTS AND $9.00 FOR THE KIDS. AT THE DOORS IT WILL BE $20.00 FOR PARENTS AND $15.00 FOR KIDS. IT'S BEING HELD AT THE MIDWEST AIRLINES CENTER THIS YEAR INSTEAD OF AT MILLER PARK. ALL THE PLAYERS AND COACHES WILL BE ON HAND TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS. AUTOGRAPHS WILL RANGE FROM FREE TO $25.00 FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES. ONLY 250 TICKETS AVAILABLE PER PLAYER/COACH THATS IT!! THERE WILL ALSO BE DEALERS SET UP SELLING THEIR ITEMS. THE BREWERS WILL ALSO BE SELLING GAME USED EQUIPMENT AND OTHER ITEMS. HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THIS YEARS FAN FEST.
GO BREWERS!!

harpt
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Jaimie

Will you and your dad be set up again this year? You guys are among the best dealers at that thing because you actually deal in game used stuff...it seems like most of your colleagues usually just have autographs.

Hope it's a good show

SkubeBats
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Scott,
Yes, I'll be set up there once again this year. I will have a good amount of Brewers game used equipment for sale. If your going stop by and check out my items you never know what I'll have for sale, hope to see you there.

harpt
01-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Cool, thanks Jamie

tknorm
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Can any of you keep an eye out for Mike Cameron stuff that is within reason? My e-mail is thomaskirk@cinci.rr.com.

SkubeBats
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
tknorm,
I will keep my eyes open for Mike Cameron items. I just received a great looking Mike Cameron M9 L.S. 2008 game used bat today.

tknorm
01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Jamie-thanks! Nice bat-I had not seen any like that as he mostly used X-bats and rawlings last year. Can I ask where you found it?

Tommy

SkubeBats
01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I bought it from a guy in Milwaukee who is a Brewers collector like myself.

Royals_Chiefs
01-13-2009, 01:09 AM
I am really wanting a Ryan Braun autograph? How much is he? Can anyone help me out? How much is his game used stuff as well as Prince Fielder?

Thanks,
Dustin

SkubeBats
01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Dustin,
I would like to help you by getting a Ryan Braun signature but I'll be at my both when the players are signing. I would think it will be $25.00 for his autograph. His game used items are high prices, his bats are around $600-700.00 each. Fielders bats are a little cheaper but still high priced.

SkubeBats
01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I was wondering if any GUU member are planning on going to Brewers Fan fest this coming weekend. If your going make sure to stop by my both and say HI. ALso you never know what GU items I will have for sale. Hope to see some of you there.

gameused fan
01-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I was thinking of going to this, but can anyone tell me how good the autograph chances are with 250 being signed by each player? Not really expecting to get Ryan Braun at $25, but also don't want to spend the whole day driving to the place, etc., to come away with Mike Cameron and a Mitch Stetter.

Do people line up hours early, so if I get there near when it opens will it be impossible to get anybody?

Also, is there game-used equipment that is often sold by the team at the fest?

Thanks!

SkubeBats
01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
gameused fan,
Yes, they do sell game used equipment there. As for autographs people do stand in lines outside for a couple of hours to get a chance at autographs. Your best chance is to get there early. GOOD LUCK!!

gameused fan
01-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the info!

mattmueller
01-23-2009, 06:49 AM
That just reminded me of one of my most memorable collecting moments. Back in the day, they didn't have specific tickets for players' autographs, you just stood in a long line. When you got to the front of the line, whoever was signing, thats the autograph(s) you got. They would list who was going to be signing and approximately what times during the day. So, as a kid, all I wanted was a Robin Yount autograph. My dad and I make the hour plus drive to Milwaukee and the old MECCA auditorium. We wait around and get in line at the point when we think we will get to the front in time for Yount's autograph. Unfortunately the line moves much slower than we thought, much slower. Lucky for us Yount saw the massive line and stayed longer than he was scheduled to by about an hour. We stood in line for probably three hours, only to have Yount leave when we were two people away in line. I think I got Franklin Stubbs' autograph instead. Still haunts me 20 years later....

SkubeBats
01-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I was set up at Brewers Fan Fest today and had a great time there. I was able to sell lots of Brewers itmes. I picked up a Ben Sheets game used bat and also a 2006 opening day base. I was able to get my Ryan Braun and Mat Gamel game used bats signed. The steal of the day was the Robin Yount 1980-1983 game used bat I bought from a local dealer. I can't wait until next year.

SkubeBats
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Here are the prices for game used items there today. Hats, bats, and helmets were $25.00 each. Bases were $50.00 and jerseys were $75.00 some good deals were had today.

chuck70
01-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Had an AWESOME time at 2009 Brewers Fan Fest :) It was well worth all the waiting in lines! Was able to get Prince Fielder and Rickie Weeks to autograph a batting helmet! Had Mike Cameron autograph a game ready bat that I bought earlier in the show. Also purchased some Bill Hall game used cleats from SkubeBats(Thanks Again!)Here are a few pics

SkubeBats
01-25-2009, 10:34 PM
chuck70,
It was nice to meet you and have a chance to talk to you there. I'm glad you like the Bill Hall spike.