PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James game worn 2007 Playoff shoes?

sportscentury
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Hello, Forum Readers -

Do folks have thoughts on the following? Not much to work with in terms of photo-matching, but any insights and help would be much appreciated. Thank you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290287387790 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290287387790&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123)

allstarsplus
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
The guy "Cobra" that wrote the letter addressed it to LeBron which is strange.

UDA had similar shoes that were un-worn and auto'd.

buc
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM
That is what I saw. Why would the LOA be addressed to Lebron? Would he not know when he wore the shoes? If you are looking for a pair of Lebron worn shoes, I've got a pair that have been autographed and come with a UDA LOA.

sportscentury
01-06-2009, 11:51 PM
That is what I saw. Why would the LOA be addressed to Lebron? Would he not know when he wore the shoes? If you are looking for a pair of Lebron worn shoes, I've got a pair that have been autographed and come with a UDA LOA.

Hello, Please send detailed photos and information to rgf2@hotmail.com. If you have photos of him wearing the shoes in a game(s), please include them. Thank you. I'm always looking for Lebron and Kobe game used/worn items. Thanks.

buc
01-07-2009, 12:38 AM
I'll have the info and pics to you when I get home at the end of the week.

allstarsplus
01-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Reid - I sold these cool LeBron's (unused) on eBay a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=200289003050

Skillz
01-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Any more opinions on these? The letter sure is weird.

Zach13g
02-01-2009, 12:53 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RmPjSOM6f1I/AAAAAAAAQco/E4zzdmQUVd0/s800/lbj_soldier_wht-gld-4.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RjBXxDWl5AI/AAAAAAAALUo/bsTkoLMzwXE/s800/nba_070425_cle-vs-was-11-game-2.jpg

The shoes on ebay were indeed Lebron's personal game worn pair, his personal pairs had that little bit of crimson/wine color on them where it says LRG around the ankle area and at the side where the L23 logo is a little red. You could not buy that shoe at a store because that exact color was not sold. Below is the released version notice no red color on them.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RnPe2FKrwqI/AAAAAAAASWM/chdsEA3rz58/s800/lbj_soldier_wht-gld2-2.jpg

sportscentury
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RmPjSOM6f1I/AAAAAAAAQco/E4zzdmQUVd0/s800/lbj_soldier_wht-gld-4.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RjBXxDWl5AI/AAAAAAAALUo/bsTkoLMzwXE/s800/nba_070425_cle-vs-was-11-game-2.jpg

The shoes on ebay were indeed Lebron's personal game worn pair, his personal pairs had that little bit of crimson/wine color on them where it says LRG around the ankle area and at the side where the L23 logo is a little red. You could not buy that shoe at a store because that exact color was not sold. Below is the released version notice no red color on them.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/RnPe2FKrwqI/AAAAAAAASWM/chdsEA3rz58/s800/lbj_soldier_wht-gld2-2.jpg

Zach13g -
Thanks for these photos. They certainly support a style-match. I don't doubt that these are Lebron game issues, but more whether they were worn by LBJ in the playoffs as advertised.

I see this is your first post in GUU. Welcome aboard. Do you mind me asking if you are the seller of these shoes, or if you are associated with the seller in any way?

Again, many thanks for your post and knowledge.

Zach13g
02-08-2009, 12:07 AM
to answer a few of your questions, no I am not the seller nor do I know the seller.

I am collector of rare,sample, PE (player exclusive) and game worn shoes. I am a active test employee with Nike out of Oregon in their basketball footwear program. So basically I get to see and wear new Nike shoes years before the come out and I've been in the shoe game for over 10 years.

ok back to the shoes in question I am 100% sure they are game worn and worn in the playoffs.

1st) They have the date written on behind the tongue 5/8 this is done to Lebron's shoes after the game that's if he doesn't give them away right away to fans after the game, if the shoes make to the locker the team equipment manager hand writes the date on both shoes next to the size tag. Cross reference Lebron & 5/8/2007 on http://www.gettyimages.com and Lebron is wearing them in that game.

2nd) the insoles are missing, another dead giveaway their game worn, Lebron along with many other NBA players have special insoles made for in game use, because these insoles are re-used the players or equipment managers take them out of the shoes after the game, Lebron has actually removed his special insoles on the court after the game he then hands the shoes off to a lucky fan and he walks off barefoot.

and thanks for the welcome, I stumbled on via google and seen this post, glad I can help.

if you or anyone has any shoe related questions, i'm all ears, I mainly deal in Basketball footwear but I know almost everything if it has to do with NIKE/Jordan brand.

Zach
Zach13g@hotmail.com

lund6771
02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Zach!

Cool that a shoe guy is on here now!..this site just keeps getting better!

sportscentury
02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
to answer a few of your questions, no I am not the seller nor do I know the seller.

I am collector of rare,sample, PE (player exclusive) and game worn shoes. I am a active test employee with Nike out of Oregon in their basketball footwear program. So basically I get to see and wear new Nike shoes years before the come out and I've been in the shoe game for over 10 years.

ok back to the shoes in question I am 100% sure they are game worn and worn in the playoffs.

1st) They have the date written on behind the tongue 5/8 this is done to Lebron's shoes after the game that's if he doesn't give them away right away to fans after the game, if the shoes make to the locker the team equipment manager hand writes the date on both shoes next to the size tag. Cross reference Lebron & 5/8/2007 on http://www.gettyimages.com and Lebron is wearing them in that game.

2nd) the insoles are missing, another dead giveaway their game worn, Lebron along with many other NBA players have special insoles made for in game use, because these insoles are re-used the players or equipment managers take them out of the shoes after the game, Lebron has actually removed his special insoles on the court after the game he then hands the shoes off to a lucky fan and he walks off barefoot.

and thanks for the welcome, I stumbled on via google and seen this post, glad I can help.

if you or anyone has any shoe related questions, i'm all ears, I mainly deal in Basketball footwear but I know almost everything if it has to do with NIKE/Jordan brand.

Zach
Zach13g@hotmail.com

Thank you -- Great to have you aboard.

I did not buy these shoes. I caught the seller in a blatant lie, which turned me off to the purchase entirely. In his auction, the current seller stated that he obtained the shoes "from a friend who works for the NBA in New York City." However, I was able to track the shoes through eBay feedback to another eBay seller who was not from New York (nor had any connections in New York, which she told me herself when I contacted her about the situation). When I asked the current seller about his NY friend, he said he could not remember his name! When I asked him about the original eBay seller, he did not reply. Not too bright.

A few more things that concerned me:

1) I contacted the Cavs equipment manager and he told me that the shoes were probably fake. He said he tracked all of the shoes and could not verify these. Perhaps he says this about all Lebron shoes, I don't know... but it certainly did not make me want to purchase the shoes.

2) The LOA had been crumpled, then flattened, then laminated. I was told this by the current seller. It's much harder to determine if a signature is original after the document has been laminated.

3) Anyone can rip out insoles, and I know of cases in which this has been done by folks who are trying to make game issue shoes look like they were game worn.

4) Anyone can hand-write a date on a tongue, and, again, I know of cases where shady sellers have done such a thing. It is widely known that the Cavs equipment manager dates the shoes in such a fashion, so fraudulent sellers can easily fake it to make it look like the shoes came from the Cavs.

5) The seller refused to send me scans of the tongue tagging.

Please understand that I am not arguing with you - not even in the slightest, as I still think that there is an excellent chance that they are real. And I very much value your knowledge, and your thoughtful assessment. However, I have extremely strict criteria that I follow when picking up an item... and there were simply too many problems here for me to feel comfortable. These shoes were listed again and again, each time with a lower price, all the way down to $699. These shoes did not sell at $699. The seller now tells me that he has sold them privately. If they are truly LBJ game worn playoff shoes, then I must suspect that other collectors were turned off by some red flags, too (as $699 is a steal IF they are real). My response above is merely an explanation as to all of the reasons for which I decided against purchasing the shoes.

Thanks again for your excellent commentary and analysis. I hope you won't mind if I contact you with questions in the future.

Zach13g
02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
^ yes you are correct on many points, the seller or someone could have written the date and so on with insoles and all that would be a decent attempt to fool people.

I must admit I have seen a DS (deadstock) which means new and unworn, being sold before but this was after the game worn pair was for sale.

I actually know several people with other pairs from that playoff series I've got game 1 for sure tracked down and the other pair I'll have to check on but I'm pretty sure they were against the NETS too.

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1171/4007227/8317582/290513770.jpg
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1171/4007227/8317582/290513772.jpg

2nd pair below.

http://lh5.google.com/kaczalas/R459o4VPBOI/AAAAAAAAf0A/nWzzDtLSCrA/s800/kdoglbj23-gamewornsoldieri.jpg

those pairs are guaranteed game worn ^ I know one of the guys personally and and talked with the other one many times.

In my opinion those are not a good Lebron shoe to own, they are not part of his numbered series I-VI and that patent leather on them is going to yellow really bad making them look awful and I can tell by the auction pics the shoes are already yellowed out, so that could be the reason there not selling even at $700 plus their not one of a kind as you can see above their are atleast 3 pairs that have hit collectors hands.

In the end if the seller doesn't comply with your request then he's either hiding something or doesn't care about making the sell or is just plain lazy, so I wouldn't buy from them either.

sportscentury
06-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Just to follow-up, I know so much more about LeBron items now than I did when I first inquired about this pair of LeBrons. The pair was 100% good ... and I missed out on them at an insanely low price (actually, the insanely low price helped me to think that they were bad). Live and learn.

Skillz
06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I too am looking for a pair of LeBrons. These sold last night but they're ugly and I wasn't sold on them (pun intended):

Bron (http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-2006-game-used-NIKE-PE-Promo-Sample-shoes_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a13Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3 a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a984b6594 QQitemZ320382657940QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsa lenotsupported)

I saw the dream LeBron shoes on eBay a few months prior signed and inscribed "KING" with a LOA from the Pacers and a beautiful photomatch only to see the auction end and find out the pair was sold privately :(

sportscentury
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I too am looking for a pair of LeBrons. These sold last night but they're ugly and I wasn't sold on them (pun intended):

Bron (http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-2006-game-used-NIKE-PE-Promo-Sample-shoes_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a13Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3 a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a984b6594 QQitemZ320382657940QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsa lenotsupported)

I saw the dream LeBron shoes on eBay a few months prior signed and inscribed "KING" with a LOA from the Pacers and a beautiful photomatch only to see the auction end and find out the pair was sold privately :(

IMHO, you did well to not buy either pair.

The pair of 06-07 blacks that ended last night look like an extra pair to me. The Cavs equipment manager has been hand-dating LeBron's shoes since the beginning of the 06-07 season on the inside tongues. The shoes on eBay were blank. Did you notice they sold for only $365? Real LBJ gamers typically sell for WAY MORE than $365. I'm not saying that these are bad. I'm just saying that as a serious LBJ collector, I had zero interest in them.

As for the signed pair with the Pacers Charity Auction letter, they were not photomatched. They were style-matched with a photo that did not detail the scuff marks on LBJ's shoes from the game (big difference). In fact, I found a photo that demonstrated that these were not the shoes LeBron wore in that game. I talked at length with the seller on the phone and provided him (and his employee who was selling them for him) with the photo-evidence. An hour or two later, the auction was ended early. The seller's employee told me that the shoes were sold privately. Nice enough guy, but my sense was that he couldn't have cared less what I told him, or about the photo-evidence showing that the shoes were different. The signatures on the shoes looked outstanding, though ... among the best I've seen. My guess is that the shoes were practice-worn or just game-issued. Still a very nice pair, but not as advertised.

Skillz
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM
IMHO, you did well to not buy either pair.

The pair of 06-07 blacks that ended last night look like an extra pair to me. The Cavs equipment manager has been hand-dating LeBron's shoes since the beginning of the 06-07 season on the inside tongues. The shoes on eBay were blank. Did you notice they sold for only $365? Real LBJ gamers typically sell for WAY MORE than $365. I'm not saying that these are bad. I'm just saying that as a serious LBJ collector, I had zero interest in them.

As for the signed pair with the Pacers Charity Auction letter, they were not photomatched. They were style-matched with a photo that did not detail the scuff marks on LBJ's shoes from the game (big difference). In fact, I found a photo that demonstrated that these were not the shoes LeBron wore in that game. I talked at length with the seller on the phone and provided him (and his employee who was selling them for him) with the photo-evidence. An hour or two later, the auction was ended early. The seller's employee told me that the shoes were sold privately. Nice enough guy, but my sense was that he couldn't have cared less what I told him, or about the photo-evidence showing that the shoes were different. The signatures on the shoes looked outstanding, though ... among the best I've seen. My guess is that the shoes were practice-worn or just game-issued. Still a very nice pair, but not as advertised.

You make a good point, they may have been scuffed up during shoot around and therefore he didn't want to wear them gametime. As for the signature, I was very surprised that he didn't sign it in his UD style type of signature but rather in his new signature that he signs IP. Oh well, our search continues!

skinsfan0521
06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
You make a good point, they may have been scuffed up during shoot around and therefore he didn't want to wear them gametime. As for the signature, I was very surprised that he didn't sign it in his UD style type of signature but rather in his new signature that he signs IP. Oh well, our search continues!
Hi, a little OT from this thread, but I was just wondering if you could show some examples of what you mean about how Lebron has different sigs (one for UD and one IP)??

Maybe it's common knowledge to basketball people (which i'm not), but I'd be interested to see some examples for future reference.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian