I'm looking for any jim thome game used / worn items thanks

thethrill23
04-06-2006, 07:19 PM
please email me at thomefan2588@hotmail.com thanks

ChrisCavalier
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
please email me at thomefan2588@hotmail.com thanks
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that a new forum member named Kenneth Golem has begun posting under the login name of "thethrill23" and is attempting to complete transactions with various individuals on this site. As a member of the community, I feel compelled to share an experience I had a couple of years ago with Mr. Golem. Please note that I am only sharing my personal experience and nothing more. Whether or not my experience has happened to others I cannot say. However, as having a vested interest in protecting the members of this site, I feel it is my duty to share what I went through so others can be more informed when deciding to enter any potential transactions.

In May of 2003, I entered into a transaction with Kenneth Golem to purchase a Jim Thome bat and paid him via PayPal. Mr. Golem subsequently sent me a bat that was not the bat I purchased and it was sent back to him with the request to send the correct bat. The bat never came. Given I did not receive the bat, I filed a complaint with PayPal. After review, Paypal ruled in my favor but could not collect the payment since there was no money in Mr. Golem's PayPal account. Here is the email I received from PayPal:

"Subject: Resolution of Buyer Complaint Case # PP-017-665-545
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:34:42 -0700

Dear Christopher Cavalier,

PayPal has concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint.

------------------------------
Complaint Details
------------------------------

Transaction Date: May 15, 2003
Transaction Amount: -$310.00
Case Number: PP-017-665-545
Seller's Name: Kenneth Golem
Seller's Email: jimthome25fan88@aol.com (jimthome25fan88@aol.com)

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, but we
were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated
in the PayPal User Agreement, Buyer Complaint funds recovery cannot
be guaranteed.

If this transaction took place on an auction site, we encourage you
to contact the auction site and see if they offer insurance coverage.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience. To make
sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest reading
these Security Tips:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...buyers-outside (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fraud-tips-buyers-outside)

Sincerely,
Protection Services Department"

I also have numerous emails from Mr. Golem where he promised to refund my money but never did. I also emailed Mr. Golem over the weekend to give him a chance to respond before I made this posting and never heard back from him.

While I have written off the money as a lesson learned, I am posting this message with the hope that Mr. Golem not try anything of this sort with other members. Once again, I am not saying my experiences are representative of all of Mr. Golem's transactions. I simply feel compelled to make sure other members of this site are protected against the type of ordeal I went through in 2003.

Sincerely,
Chris

thethrill23
04-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Anybody who has any doubts in dealing with me let me know, and if your buying from me i can ship cod or anything that you want or meet for local pickup.

suave1477
04-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Thethrill before you go out of your way to meet people for a sale how about paying back Chris what you owe him?

thome25.com
04-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I too have had several "bad" deals with the person mentioned.. Bad items, not as described, failure to ship on time etc... I could have others add their 2 cents if interested... Do not put yourself at risk.

trsent
04-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Anybody who has any doubts in dealing with me let me know, and if your buying from me i can ship cod or anything that you want or meet for local pickup.

That is a great offer, I am just curious why you do not send the funds back to Chris Cavalier that it appears you have owed him for almost three years? It would be a great start if you wish to buy from members of this site as Chris is well respected around these parts.

skyking26
04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I was on the verge of buying a Thome Phillies game used bat from Golem until I started reading the threads on him. I will pass and hope another Thome gamer happens along -

Thanks -

Bob

thethrill23
04-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Carl you are full of it. Just beacuse you think you "Own the Thome Market" does not mean you can bash me. you have gotten every item you got from me in the past 4 years with in 1 week of the deal. plese stop the attack and all of the items i sent you were perfect. if your not happy send them back and ill give you a refundalso why di dyou never say anything before

suave1477
04-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Thethrill i find it interesteing you still ignore the fact you still owe Chris money. At this point in my personal opinion and most likely in the future will not take the chance of making a purchase from Thethrill

metsbats
04-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Thethrill i find it interesteing you still ignore the fact you still owe Chris money. At this point in my personal opinion and most likely in the future will not take the chance of making a purchase from Thethrill

Eric,

Why don't you start banning members who rip off other forum members?? One of the goals of the forum is to educate and warn so we don't get ripped off by others. If members of the forum are doing this to each other I think banishment is the only alternative because you are letting the wolves into the sheep pasture.

-David

suave1477
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
metsbats I agree with you on that!!!

skyking26
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I have received some emails from Golem where he stated he would try to contact the guy he owes money to. I came very close to doing a deal with him on a Thome bat. Appreciate the subject being brought up here on the forum. I emailed Golem and told him I would not do a deal with him until Chris had been paid back...

ChrisCavalier
04-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Eric,

Why don't you start banning members who rip off other forum members?? One of the goals of the forum is to educate and warn so we don't get ripped off by others. If members of the forum are doing this to each other I think banishment is the only alternative because you are letting the wolves into the sheep pasture.

-David
Hello David,

Speaking as a member of the forum, and one who was directly affected in this situation, I think there are many challenges to what you are proposing. Specifically, the purpose of my earlier post was to simply let members know of my personal dealings with another member of the site who was seeking to consummate deals with other members. I also tried to make it clear that my personal dealings may not necessarily be representative of other dealings this individual has had with other people or his business practices in general. I was offering it as information for others to use when considering whether or not they wanted to enter into any type of transaction. That is personally the role I think the forum should serve. Among other things, I think the forum is a place where members can become more informed about the items they are seeking to purchase as well as the entities involved with selling them. Without getting into all the details, let me simply say I think the idea of banning members without some form of adjudicative process (which would be very difficult to execute) would be, in my opinion, an inappropriate use of the forum's power.

That being said, I also wanted to let members to know that I recently received an email from Mr. Golem where he has offered to make good on our previous business dealings. Once again, I can only speak regarding my personal situation with him but I thought it was admirable of him to make the offer. While it is, as of now, still an offer, I wanted to let members know of that fact. I will also let members know if (and when) full restitution is made since that may impact their opinions of this member's business practices.

I am happy to answer any questions but I wanted to offer those thoughts and information as one directly involved with the situation.

Sincerely,
Chris

soxwin1
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
I too was ripped off by Ken Golum on Ebay item 8741769950 back in Dec 2005 as he was selling under seller ID KOSAR2579 but has since been kicked off Ebay. I purchased ,on a buy it now, an auto'd Travis Haffner game used bat. Having dealt with Ken before I felt ok with the deal. He provided a phony tracking number that the Post office had no record of and was no help in locating the bat or its location. After fighting with ken for a couple weeks I reported him to both Ebay and Paypal. I received a portion of my money back. I was warned by a forum member who bought a bat from me about Ken Golum and a similar incident he had. Don't deal with Ken or if you do use VISA!!! Thanks Ken welcome here as I have been looking for you!!!! Where is my MONEY!!
Brian

metsbats
04-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I too was ripped off by Ken Golum on Ebay item 8741769950 back in Dec 2005 as he was selling under seller ID KOSAR2579 but has since been kicked off Ebay. I purchased ,on a buy it now, an auto'd Travis Haffner game used bat. Having dealt with Ken before I felt ok with the deal. He provided a phony tracking number that the Post office had no record of and was no help in locating the bat or its location. After fighting with ken for a couple weeks I reported him to both Ebay and Paypal. I received a portion of my money back. I was warned by a forum member who bought a bat from me about Ken Golum and a similar incident he had. Don't deal with Ken or if you do use VISA!!! Thanks Ken welcome here as I have been looking for you!!!! Where is my MONEY!!
Brian

I rest my case. There are wolves in sheeps clothing in here!

kellsox
04-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I too have had a horrible experience with ken golum. I won a G Sizemore gu bat on ebay(8736068356 ended Dec 10 ebay id kosar2579), paid for it through Paypal and never received the item. I emailed him numerous times and was basically given the runaround. At first he claimed the item was shipped, after a while I requested the deliv. confirmation, the deliv. confirmation was at his work, then it was lost, then he offered different items. A complaint was filed through Paypal and I was reimbursed all but $25. I wouldn't chance a deal with him. Shady....

trsent
04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I rest my case. There are wolves in sheeps clothing in here!

I don't get what that means...I assume it is not nice.

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Brian
you got it all back i thought and have not heard from you what do i owe you ill send it to you tommorow is it like 20 bucks or something like that im not sure email me at thethrill23@hotmail.com ill resolve it ken

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 07:45 PM
also to everyone i have taken care off any and all problems ive had with everyone. nobody is posting the hundreds of perfect transactions ive had just a few bad that have been fixed stop the bashing im sure everyone of you has had a less then perfect transaction too. i fix the problems

kellsox
04-13-2006, 07:47 PM
so do I get my $25 also???? Have you found the delivery confirmation to that bat...it's only been 4 months

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I too have had a horrible experience with ken golum. I won a G Sizemore gu bat on ebay(8736068356 ended Dec 10 ebay id kosar2579), paid for it through Paypal and never received the item. I emailed him numerous times and was basically given the runaround. At first he claimed the item was shipped, after a while I requested the deliv. confirmation, the deliv. confirmation was at his work, then it was lost, then he offered different items. A complaint was filed through Paypal and I was reimbursed all but $25. I wouldn't chance a deal with him. Shady.... email me at thethrill23@hotmail.com ill send you the 25 bucks to make it even again so you have a full refund no harm done
ken

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 07:52 PM
drop me a email kellsox like i said in the post at thethrill23@hotmail.com and i will

Eric
04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
YOU WROTE:
"also to everyone i have taken care off any and all problems ive had with everyone. nobody is posting the hundreds of perfect transactions ive had just a few bad that have been fixed stop the bashing im sure everyone of you has had a less then perfect transaction too. i fix the problems"

Well, the truth appears to be that you had no intention of fixing the problems until you unexpectedly ran into a bunch of people here with similar "I was ripped off" stories. It's not until you were called on what you did that you offered to make good.

Not sure it's appropriate for you to cry "victim" here.

My two cents.
Eric

trsent
04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
My two cents.
Eric

My two cents...

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Eric your post is stricktly speculation and is inaccurate. Please post only facts not opinions which may be conceived as facts. this issue does not concern you so say out and if you do not want to deal with me cool whatever. Im giving those individuals what i owe them and am awaiting a email from chris

Eric
04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Well Sir it actually does involve me because if you read some of the above posts, people don't think you should have the right to participate in this forum.

But being the trusting soul that I am, I am going to believe in you, that you're going to make good on all of these difficulties you have had with customers, you're going to prove to the hobby that you are a good dealer and a knowledgeable member of the forum.

What do you think?
Eric

suave1477
04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
YOU WROTE: Well, the truth appears to be that you had no intention of fixing the problems until you unexpectedly ran into a bunch of people here with similar "I was ripped off" stories. It's not until you were called on what you did that you offered to make good.

Not sure it's appropriate for you to cry "victim" here.

My two cents.
Eric

I AGREE 100% with Eric, this guy cant be for real. He makes good NOW when he is busted and had no prior intentions to do so and turns around and crys that he is being bashed.
Then he has nerve to call it Eric's opinion????
HOLD UP STOP THE PRESSES - HEY THETHRILL IT IS A FACT 3 PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT YOU RIPPING THEM OFF CHRIS WHO YOU HAVENT PAID IN YEARS AND 2 OTHERS IN ALMOST 6 MONTHS.

Are you truly saying that after years went by you were still planning to pay back Chris or after 6 months went by you were intending to pay back the other members?

I have seen enough from this New Member to make it certain I would never make a purchase from him and to make it noted to my other hobbyist friends to use extreme caution when it comes to this seller.

Or at least they can expect to get refunded there money if something goes wrong in about 10 years!!!!!!!!

thethrill23
04-13-2006, 10:32 PM
you do not know the whole situation with chris and do not have the right to. this is a matter between me and him and as soson as i get a email from him we will work through this. the two others had 90 percent refund through payapl from my account so they were not ripped? im senidng them the remained of the funds this week. so you know what get a life and stay out of my business all you have to say is that you dont trust me or whatever i really dont care i have a life outside of here and you must not suave your judgeing a book on 3 pages of over 300 in the book so just a piece of advice. I am no longer disscussing anything about this with anyone except the 3 individuals i had the transactions with.

suave1477
04-14-2006, 02:31 AM
so you know what get a life and stay out of my business

Thethrill thats not a problem i will stay out of your business, and from what it looks like not many people are happy with you bringing your business here.

thome25.com
04-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Ken you are correct, nobody is perfect and we all mistakes. With that said, yours are intentional and your track record speaks for itself. Share with the group your long list of E-bay user ID's caused by your consistant failure to live up to your end of the deal.. Stop screwing people that are putting their trust in you. I love the fact you continue to use "stop the bashing".. Here is one of mine, "what comes around goes around."...:eek: