PDA

View Full Version : Remove the hologram?

Tedw9
01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey all,

I just purchased a locker room nameplate that came with a MLB hologram and a Steiner hologram plus the Steiner paperwork. The problem is that both holograms are on front. I don't really need 2 holograms on front, I think it takes away from it.

I was thinking of removing the Steiner hologram and just leaving the MLB one on there. Maybe take a pic of the nameplate before I remove it just to prove it was once on there. I just think it clutters it up too much.

What do you all think? Take it off or leave it as is? Any and all opinions are apprecaited. :)

spartakid
01-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey all,

I just purchased a locker room nameplate that came with a MLB hologram and a Steiner hologram plus the Steiner paperwork. The problem is that both holograms are on front. I don't really need 2 holograms on front, I think it takes away from it.

I was thinking of removing the Steiner hologram and just leaving the MLB one on there. Maybe take a pic of the nameplate before I remove it just to prove it was once on there. I just think it clutters it up too much.

What do you all think? Take it off or leave it as is? Any and all opinions are apprecaited. :)

I'd leave it personally

grenda12
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Got a pic of it?

Tedw9
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Here are a couple of pics.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/Tedw9/plate1.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/Tedw9/plate2.jpg

bubbrubb25
01-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Leave em on

AWA85
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Is it something you would ever sell or plan on keeping for good?

If you do take one off, I would go with the steiner one, and try and tape it on the back just to have it still attached.

Tedw9
01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Is it something you would ever sell or plan on keeping for good?

If you do take one off, I would go with the steiner one, and try and tape it on the back just to have it still attached.

I plan on keeping it. I collect Red Sox g/u items and this is staying with me.

Your suggestion is a good one, I had not thought of putting it on back with tape.

mbrieve
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I bought a 2006 World Series ball that was signed by six Detroit Tigers and had MLB authentication and little known companies hologram on it. It really cluttered the ball and I planned to get additional players to sign it. I decided to take the extra hologram off and leave the MLB.

I am still happy with my decision to take it off. However, I will warn you, most of these holograms are made to deconstruct if you try to remove it, so you will probably not be able to keep the Steiner hologram intact...

yanks12025
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
This is what i would do but remember im a yankee fan. I would take the mlb and steiner holograms off and then throw the Papelbum plate in the trash where he belongs.:)

But for real i would at least keep the mlb hologram on it and put the steiner one on the letter or on the back.

tigerdale
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I bought a 2006 World Series ball that was signed by six Detroit Tigers and had MLB authentication and little known companies hologram on it. It really cluttered the ball and I planned to get additional players to sign it. I decided to take the extra hologram off and leave the MLB.

I am still happy with my decision to take it off. However, I will warn you, most of these holograms are made to deconstruct if you try to remove it, so you will probably not be able to keep the Steiner hologram intact...
I have one of those tiger balls too, did removing the 'elite' hologram leave a mark on the baseball??

Tedw9
01-06-2009, 07:08 PM
This is what i would do but remember im a yankee fan. I would take the mlb and steiner holograms off and then throw the Papelbum plate in the trash where he belongs.:)

Now what's your opinion yanks12025? :D

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/Tedw9/arod.jpg

mbrieve, I figured the hologram would be destroyed, thats why I was going to take a pic before I removed it. The way I see it is that if MLB says it's real, there should be no question.

Thank you to all that have given opinions, even the Yankee fans. :D

mbrieve
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I have one of those tiger balls too, did removing the 'elite' hologram leave a mark on the baseball??

I did not get my ball from elite, but another company (can't remember, but I trusted the MLB hologram).

At any rate. My first attempt at taking the hologram off completely freaked me out. I did not realize the hologram sticker would fall apart and leave remanants behind on the ball. However, using a little scotch tape to lightly pull the remnants off the ball did the trick (I hope that makes sense).

Basically, I place Scotch tape over the silvery remenants and pulled it back off. I was happy with the results. Hope this helps!

tigerdale
01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I did not get my ball from elite, but another company (can't remember, but I trusted the MLB hologram).

At any rate. My first attempt at taking the hologram off completely freaked me out. I did not realize the hologram sticker would fall apart and leave remanants behind on the ball. However, using a little scotch tape to lightly pull the remnants off the ball did the trick (I hope that makes sense).

Basically, I place Scotch tape over the silvery remenants and pulled it back off. I was happy with the results. Hope this helps!
Thanks, I will try this. I trust the mlb hologram 100% on these...the elite hologram just junked it up in my opinion. On another note for these balls, its cool having the sigantures dated to right before the world series...I like that about the mlb holograms...heck, people could even collect 'rookie' signatures this way!

Vintagedeputy
01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
MLB/Steiner/et al should realize that holograms should be placed on the back of the item in this case, or an area that is not so prominant that it detracts from the item.