PDA

View Full Version : Baseball cards.....

grenda12
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Are these baseball cards worth anything? They were my dads.

b.heagy
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
they appear to be in fine shape. you have some money sittin there, assuming they are legit (tough to see from the pics). definately not junk.

bigtruck260
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Man - memories.

I always loved the '72 Topps set...In mint condition (graded) that '72 Aaron is a couple hundred on it's own.

FastLane80
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Man - memories.

I always loved the '72 Topps set...In mint condition (graded) that '72 Aaron is a couple hundred on it's own.I agree but that Aaron is not mint. In any case, I agree there is some money there. The 1958 Mays, Drysdale and Cepeda (which is his rookie) are worth the most. Are you trying to sell them or just curious on the price?

grenda12
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree but that Aaron is not mint. In any case, I agree there is some money there. The 1958 Mays, Drysdale and Cepeda (which is his rookie) are worth the most. Are you trying to sell them or just curious on the price?

Trying to sell them. What do get some opinions on price? Wanted to know where they stood so I could see what Id get offered for them.

Tedw9
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
You need some better pics of them, but you got some nice stuff there. A nice lot of '58 Topps, some '75 and a few other years. There are also variations in the '58 set that could bring more money if you have any. Condition is the rule now in the card collecting world. The guys on the PSA board would be able to help you and I am sure someone there would give you a fair price depending on condition.

If you need any help over there, just sign up for the message board (it's free) and drop me a PM there. I have the same username there.

Steve

ndevlin
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
The 70's cards wont sell for that much, especially the 75 Aaron. The 58's will sell for the most, depending on the condition, the Mays would probably sell around the $20-$30 range.

I would definitely get them out of the sleeves though. Those are killers for cards, especially vintage.