PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Albert Pujols Gamer

stitzerfse
01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Willing to pay top dollar for an Albert Pujols game used bat with foundation and Upper Deck provenance. MLB hologram or foundation cert alone also considered.

spartakid
01-02-2009, 04:33 PM
There's one on ebay right now with an mlb holo, but it's a pretty penny. Good luck

bigtruck260
01-02-2009, 04:50 PM
For a $1500 minimum bid - it's really not a bad price. If I didn't have one, I'd place a bid on it...as long as I could see the knob and photomatch it.:D

Rboitano
01-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Im not a big fan of that bat, pine tar doesnt look correct to me. I bet it has a blacked out knob or a different number on it.

bigtruck260
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Im not a big fan of that bat, pine tar doesnt look correct to me. I bet it has a blacked out knob or a different number on it.

Which is exactly why I want to see the knob - and match it to a game...
I know it has an MLB hologram on it BUT stranger things have happened.
Good call.

stitzerfse
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Appreciate the notes. I'll be honest, my preference really is for the Pujols foundation coa/hologram, so I'll probably hold out for that and avoid eBay if I can. I sent an email to Todd Perry at the PFF and hopefully can at the very least be placed on a contact list for the next time Pujols makes game used bats available.

yanks12025
01-02-2009, 09:34 PM
He added a photo of the knob, why does it look like it was cleaned and then the 5 wrote or is it just me.

AWA85
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Pretty extreme 5, I am not a Pujols expert but that one is a little odd. Why wasn't that photo included in the beginning?

jetersbatboy
01-02-2009, 09:54 PM
The use on the bat seems really heavy, and the ball marks on the label side don't seem consistent with alberts use traits. Maybe Jeff Scott can give us his opinion.

Birdbats
01-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree with everything that's been mentioned in this thread -- the pine tar isn't consistent with Albert, there are too many ball marks in places I wouldn't expect to see them, and the "5" on the knob is unlike any I've seen on a Pujols gamer. It's unusually large and seems to be placed strategically as if to cover up something.

My records show that Pujols did use a natural M9 in the 9/4/05 game for two of his four plate appearances (he used a black Sam Bat, also). Prior to the 9/4 game, he used the M9 11 times on 9/2 and 9/3; 17 times in mid-August; but not at all from 6/12 through 8/14. On one hand, that suggests maybe he did break an M9 on 9/4, which is why he also used Sam Bat. On the other hand, the M9 he used on 9/4 likely was used in only three games -- he favored Sam Bat the two weeks prior to 9/2. It's tough to imagine a bat could show this much use after just three games.

There's no way to say for sure without photos or video, but I'm guessing this might be a Pujols model that was used by someone else and wasn't recorded accurately by the person who collected it.