PDA

View Full Version : A New Year's Resolution - Please!!!

G1X
01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Happy New Year!

Could everyone please make it a resolution in 2009 to have the courtesy to respond when someone sends you an email in response to your "WANTED" post?

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have responded to "WANTED" posts via the email address listed in the post (often including photos) and have never heard a reply. This week alone I have responded quickly to two posts via email and have yet to hear a word.

If you are not interested, a simple reply would be much appreciated if for no other reason than to let the sender know that you received their email.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys

skyking26
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Alot of people this week have been on vacation for the holidays and I find do not answer emails while enjoying time with family... I find the same true with weekends.

whatupyos
01-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I agree!! Its not too hard to type a simple reply back. Its all about communication! It goes for anything. I had an email sent to me about an item I had posted about. I emailed the person back saying I was interested please send photos and where they got the item. This was roughly a week ago and i know they read the email but never responded. It gets under my skin. If they changed there mind, fine, just give me something as a reply back instead of nothing. Thats bad business and just plain rude.

Aaron

G1X
01-02-2009, 03:59 AM
skyking26,

To clarify, I was not specifically talking about this being something that I just started noticing this week. It's something that I encounter throughout the year.

I realize that some folks don't read their email every day. It's simply surprising to me that there are some collectors who post in this section looking for items and then do not respond - ever. The two examples from this week were collectors who posted this week, one who has posted again after I sent him an email, so I am assuming that he has checked his email at some point.

If folks don't have the time to check their email during the holidays, weekends, etc., why not wait to post until after the holidays, weekend, etc?

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys.

skyking26
01-02-2009, 07:22 AM
skyking26,

To clarify, I was not specifically talking about this being something that I just started noticing this week. It's something that I encounter throughout the year.

I realize that some folks don't read their email every day. It's simply surprising to me that there are some collectors who post in this section looking for items and then do not respond - ever. The two examples from this week were collectors who posted this week, one who has posted again after I sent him an email, so I am assuming that he has checked his email at some point.

If folks don't have the time to check their email during the holidays, weekends, etc., why not wait to post until after the holidays, weekend, etc?

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys.
I agree. I've posted from time to time about this, and it pertains to just answering emails in general. I even have good friends who admit negligence regarding replies. Everybody is different I guess. If you email me, you'll get a reply. If you call me, you'll get a reply.

The above post was made in reference to the holiday. I also find that weekends are bad as it is surprising the number of people who don't respond during that time. I've likened alot of that to people with desk jobs during week who are "right there."

I doubt the process will change. Frustrating none the less.

chakes89
01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I agree with this 100%

A simple "Hell No" is better than nothing

sox83cubs84
12-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Bumping a great thought.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area

platinum1
12-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Bumping a great thought.:)

Dave M.
Chicago area
AMEN!

xpress34
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
2nd on the Amen!

spartakid
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Definitely

geoff
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
A simple Yes or No if you are interested in The Item or want to Buy it would be great.I can't count how many times this has happened to me.