PDA

View Full Version : Question about some bats I might purchase

ATigerFan
12-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi I have a chance to buy a Scott lusader and Jim walewander game used bats for $84. Is this a good deal for both bats?
Thanks for any info or help provided.

joelsabi
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
i didnt know who scott lusader and jim walewander. thought maybe they were some hot prospects. turns out they already retired. i guess it depends on what your collection covers. seems expensive to me but i dont you will see these bats again for awhile. try to get the seller to lower the prive but make the move it fits into your collection. walewander seems to quite a character and may be a nice added story to your collection.

good luck.

ATigerFan
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks. Maybe I should have added that includes shipping. So it's averages $42 for each bat. I'm still thinking about the deal.

mariner_gamers
12-29-2008, 01:15 PM
$42 a piece sounds about right. It might be a bit high but if you are buying from an individual or shop that price is in the ballpark. At some point I am sure you could save a few bucks if they came up on eBay but there is no guarantee. Both of these guys did have AB's in Yankee uni's so even if the label does not match the era of their Yankee days you might still find yourself bidding against a Yankee collector or two. It has happened to me many times when I have been biddng on a minor Mariners player who spent a few years in New York.

Good luck!
Davis