PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fake Topps Finest Proof

joelsabi
12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I guess there is this guy who had sold hundreds of these fake proofs by boiling off the backs of the cards in hot water and then selling them as proofs.

on this page you can see a video of someone doing it as an expreriment'

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/card-discussions/34270-whats-story-behind-these.html

jppopma
12-29-2008, 12:19 AM
These seem as nice as the fake Pacific plate cards that were out there a while back. They were just photocopies of a regular card printed on a silver plate. Sad thing on them was that they had all of the colors present and even that part that was foil embossed. That seller used the same, we bought them in a large lot, excuse like this here. Sad sad sad.

joelsabi
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Just wanted to share a kewl activity if you have kids. have been in the house all week with my kids and this activity kept them busy for awhile.

just follow that video. the reason i did this was to see whether i got duped from this seller as well. right now i am not sure what i have but my son ended up making a couple of packs of these "rare proofs" as we speak. earlier, we soaked a bowman's best arod that is like the proof i bought to see if we could make our own proof. turns out i didnt reproduce it but i can see how the other proofs, as in the video, are made from this process.

Anyways if you have kids, this activity is a blast to them.

On the photo, the card on the left is what we got when we soaked up these bowman best cards and the card on the right is the reverse proof i bought on ebay.

Enjoy.

joelsabi
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
oh, since i am not superving my son's proof lab, he is using tap water.