PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel David Robinson

worldchamps
04-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I had posted a message earlier about how I didn't feel the font/script location of the jeresy matched up with photos. I am obviuosly really interested in this, but I am really wanting to make sure I get the real deal. I agree that it is hard to compare the jersey on a real person and a hanger. However, finding some more photos, I don't see how this jersey is possibly from the Finals. The spacing between the I and N in Robinson is way off, and if you compare where the R and N in Robinson touch the 50 there appears to be a siginificant difference.

Please look at photos and let me know if you agree.

pietraynor
04-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I own a couple of jerseys obtained from a former Indiana Pacers player, and I'm far from an expert.. but I'd agree, this one doesn't appear to match up in my opinion.

otismalibu
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM
The spacing between the I and N in Robinson is way off,

That's a pretty tough call, the way the jersey is hanging on display. If the jersey isn't laying flat, it can often create the illusion that letters are closer than they actually are.

if you compare where the R and N in Robinson touch the 50 there appears to be a siginificant difference.

I'd agree that the name with respect to the number looks different.

Greg

both-teams-played-hard
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I agree that the photos don't match. Good job with the research!