PDA

View Full Version : GUU Store

jetersbatboy
12-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I just noticed this, when did this start? There are some great looking stuff!

maccamania
12-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Me Too !!! no baseball as of yet

AWA85
12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Very nice addition, just need to get it filled with baseball items :D

dcrules01
12-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Very nice addition, just need to get it filled with baseball items :D

Agreed

ChrisCavalier
12-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I just noticed this, when did this start? There are some great looking stuff!
Hello Scott,

Thank you for the post. We actually just launched the GUU Store this morning and we were doing some QA work just to make sure everything was in order before making an announcement. I just made a post that provides some additional information and that post can be found via the following link:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=21681

As mentioned in the other post, we are looking forward to creating a marketplace of legitimate items for the collecting community.

AndersonAuthentics
12-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Agreed

Waiting on the baseball as well. Judging by the quality of the football items, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

geoff
12-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I like it.I can't wait to also see the Baseball Items that pop up in the Store.

Dewey2009
12-24-2008, 06:46 PM
It appears that they've done something with JO Sports Inc for the football jerseys at least because all of those football jerseys are on their site as well. Nice stuff!

Neely8
12-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Is it me or do a lot of those prices seem pretty steep?

dcgreg25
12-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Yep, it looks like they struck up a deal with JO Sports. Great looking jerseys but the steep prices seem to reflect what JO Sports has on their website. They are their jerseys so they can ask what they want for them but I think it will be tough to move many of the jerseys at those prices in this economy. I would love to buy a few of their Redskins jerseys but probably at a price closer to what they would sell for at auction right now (which IMHO is about 50-75% of the ask on many of these). It will be interesting to see what else starts to populate the store as things develop.

yankees159
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Yep, it looks like they struck up a deal with JO Sports. Great looking jerseys but the steep prices seem to reflect what JO Sports has on their website. They are their jerseys so they can ask what they want for them but I think it will be tough to move many of the jerseys at those prices in this economy. I would love to buy a few of their Redskins jerseys but probably at a price closer to what they would sell for at auction right now (which IMHO is about 50-75% of the ask on many of these). It will be interesting to see what else starts to populate the store as things develop.

After checking out the store, I was excited to see that all of these jerseys come with team LOA's. Regarding the prices, I feel they are fair, considering the fact that they come directly from the team. I'm sure you can find fake jerseys cheaper. I wouldn't purchase a modern game used jersey without a team loa.

Neely8
12-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I have no problem buying a modern jersey without a team LOA if the jersey has good wear. A team LOA is not the end all be all for authenticity in my opinion and I'll take a killed jersey I want which doesn't have a team LOA with no problem.

ndevlin
12-27-2008, 10:11 PM
How much does everything cost if we decide to consign an item to the store?

dcgreg25
12-29-2008, 11:36 AM
After checking out the store, I was excited to see that all of these jerseys come with team LOA's. Regarding the prices, I feel they are fair, considering the fact that they come directly from the team. I'm sure you can find fake jerseys cheaper. I wouldn't purchase a modern game used jersey without a team loa.

I agree that it is great to have the team COAs with the jerseys and come directly from the team. I think it is a great step and reprsents the quality of items we see on this site.

My point is that the prices are about double what the exact same jerseys are generating at auction. The best example is the Portis jersey that sold in the Fall GUU auction with a high bid of $1330. Great looking jersey, hammered with use and team COA, etc. Portis jerseys on JO Sports are listed at $2700 to $3000 which is comparable to the prices listed for the Raiders jerseys.

All I am saying is that they would probably sell a lot more if they dropped the prices just a little closer to what the jerseys are selling for at auction. At the end of the day they own the jerseys and can sell them for what they want- just my two cents.

sonic
12-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I agree that it is great to have the team COAs with the jerseys and come directly from the team. I think it is a great step and reprsents the quality of items we see on this site.

My point is that the prices are about double what the exact same jerseys are generating at auction. The best example is the Portis jersey that sold in the Fall GUU auction with a high bid of $1330. Great looking jersey, hammered with use and team COA, etc. Portis jerseys on JO Sports are listed at $2700 to $3000 which is comparable to the prices listed for the Raiders jerseys.

All I am saying is that they would probably sell a lot more if they dropped the prices just a little closer to what the jerseys are selling for at auction. At the end of the day they own the jerseys and can sell them for what they want- just my two cents.

I agree.

I think what JOS is doing is great, but IMHO the pricing of the Raiders jerseys is inexplicable.

Russell hasn't proven himself to be an elite QB and McFadden looks like a bust. They Raiders didn't make the playoffs so there is no excitement around the team right now, and I can't imagine that there will be any improvement next season given the organization's dysfunctional management.

Unless the Raiders are selling the jerseys to at a really high price, leaving JOS with no choice but to resell them this high, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do so because they're likely to gather dust during the offseason.

This isn't meant as a criticism of JOS or the GUU store. I find their prices for bonafide superstar jerseys to be completely appropriate (the Peterson jerseys are awesome and I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I were a Vikinings fan), but the pricing of the Raiders jerseys caught me by surprise.