PDA

View Full Version : This is my 4th appearance in Baseball Beckett

3arod13
12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
This is my 4th appearance in Baseball Beckett

AWA85
12-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Tony, nice article and congrats on the recognition!

yanks12025
12-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Tony,
If the A-rod bat turns out not to have been used for a home run, you should contact beckett and tell them. I'm sure they will post a story about it. And if you tell a-rod that maybe he'll give you something in return. This kinda sounds like blackmail.

joelsabi
12-20-2008, 05:28 PM
tony,

very nice. i remember that you had submitted this to beckett some time ago when you had your 1st homerun ticket mentioned in beckett. i am glad they picked up your story again.

btw. hoping the best on the rawlings bat. you have the harshest requirement for provenance and i commend you for it.

i am in the process of getting my display up for my collection. very slow process for me at least.

joel

3arod13
12-20-2008, 06:53 PM
tony,

very nice. i remember that you had submitted this to beckett some time ago when you had your 1st homerun ticket mentioned in beckett. i am glad they picked up your story again.

btw. hoping the best on the rawlings bat. you have the harshest requirement for provenance and i commend you for it.

i am in the process of getting my display up for my collection. very slow process for me at least.

joel

Joel,

You also being an Arod collector, do you think the National League signed ball is much rare than the AL and Minor League?

How many 1994 NL signed balls can there be?

Tony

gamer35
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Tony, I'm sure the 1994 NL ball is more rare, but unless I am missing something, what significance does the NL ball have? It is not as if A-Rod ever played in the NL so I would think that the signature on an NL ball would actually detract from the value.

joelsabi
12-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Tony, I'm sure the 1994 NL ball is more rare, but unless I am missing something, what significance does the NL ball have? It is not as if A-Rod ever played in the NL so I would think that the signature on an NL ball would actually detract from the value.

theres another thread where i mentioned spring training games between interleague games, the mariners may have used NL baseballs but never in an official regular game in 1994. NL i would think is more rare since more fans logically would go for the AL baseball to get signed at games since the mariners are in the AL. the AL baseball is more desirable and would go for the most money. Supply is a factor but for the general collector i say the AL baseball is what they are looking for. You wont see a serious HOF baseball collector going for an AL baseball over a NL baseball for ARod's baseball. The only regular season baseball used in mariner games in 1994 were the Bobby Brown logo baseballs.