PDA

View Full Version : OT: NHL (Hawks & Wings) to play game at Wrigley Field

cjw
12-19-2008, 12:57 PM
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.san&s=95894&Nid=49975&p=973654

jppopma
12-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I was planning to go until I saw the advance forcast for the game....17 degrees with a 29 mph wind = -3 wind chill. Combine that with $225 per ticket; I decided to save my money for stanley cup tickets or better yet one of the jerseys if they auction them off. If anyone hears of a link to the jerseys, I'm looking to land a Wings throwback from this game.

BarryMeisel
12-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi everybody,

MeiGray, which partners with the National Hockey League in the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program, will be authenticating every jersey worn in the second annual Winter Classic.

And NHL-MGG will be offering one set of Detroit Red Wings' and one set of Chicago Blackhawks' game-worn jerseys from the Winter Classic, just as NHL-MGG did last season from Buffalo, when Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in a shootout.

Game-used and goal-scored pucks will also be offered via NHL Auctions. I will be leaving for Chicago on Dec. 31, and will be happy to report from the event.

Each team is scheduled to wear three jerseys, one per period. NHL-MGG will be in the locker rooms authenticating these jerseys before and after they are worn.

Details will be announced here, as they become available.

Regards, Barry Meisel, MeiGray

trsent
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I was planning to go until I saw the advance forcast for the game....17 degrees with a 29 mph wind = -3 wind chill. Combine that with $225 per ticket; I decided to save my money for stanley cup tickets or better yet one of the jerseys if they auction them off. If anyone hears of a link to the jerseys, I'm looking to land a Wings throwback from this game.

You are saving money to go to a Stanley Cup game at The United Center?

BIGSTIG
12-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Joel Alpert -

My guess is that jppopma is from the Detroit area, or at least a Red Wings fan.....hence the "If anyone hears of a link to the jerseys, I'm looking to land a Wings throwback from this game" I am guessing he was planning on driving to Chicago for the game in one of those magical things we have called cars.

BIGSTIG

aka

Nicholas Matthew Stiglic

jppopma
12-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Nice dig Joel. If the blackhawks make it to the cup, they may as well play those games at Wrigley as well...they could use some games there that would mean something. ;) But if I were to a Stanley Cup game in Chicago, I'd need a jersey to wear...feel free to buy me whatever Blackhawks winter classic jersey you would like me to wear.

Barry, thanks for the information. I will be sure to try my hand at the auctions if they don't get too out of hand. Do you have any idea what they do with the other two sets that they wear? Hope you will be able to catch some of the game and not freeze your tail off.

trsent
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Nice dig Joel. If the blackhawks make it to the cup, they may as well play those games at Wrigley as well...they could use some games there that would mean something. ;) But if I were to a Stanley Cup game in Chicago, I'd need a jersey to wear...feel free to buy me whatever Blackhawks winter classic jersey you would like me to wear.

Barry, thanks for the information. I will be sure to try my hand at the auctions if they don't get too out of hand. Do you have any idea what they do with the other two sets that they wear? Hope you will be able to catch some of the game and not freeze your tail off.

You got it, email me when you are going to a Stanley Cup game in Chicago, as I will be at all of them, and I will meet you before dinner with a jersey and a free dinner.

Happy Holidays!

Jules9
12-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Do you have any idea what they do with the other two sets that they wear?

I'm not 100% sure but one set probably goes to the team and the other set is probably given to the player.

BarryMeisel
01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi everybody,

I just returned from Chicago after enjoying another fabulous Winter Classic. What has become an annual New Year's Day event event is certainly worth experiencing.

MeiGray is proud to be working with the NHL since 2002. This has afforded me the privilege of having NHL-MGG's Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program working all three NHL Outdoor Games, the Heritage Classic in Edmonton in 2002, and the Winter Classics in Buffalo and Chicago.

I spent New Year's Eve authenticating the four sets of game-worn jerseys used by the Red Wings and Blackhawks during the event.

The four sets of jerseys worn by each club are described and will be distributed as follows:

Photo/Warmup-Worn by the clubs for the team photo prior to their New Year's Eve day practice, and during the 15-minute warmup prior to the Classic on New Year's Day. Two Wings, goalies Chris Osgood and Ty Conklin, practiced in these jerseys on New Year's Eve day instead of switching to their practice jerseys.

Period 1-Worn by the clubs in the first period of the Winter Classic. This set went to each organization.

Period 2-Worn by the clubs in the second period of the Winter Classic. This set belongs to NHL-MGG and will be up for auction beginning tonight, January 2, and ending Thursday, January 22 beginning at 9 pm ET.

Period 3-Worn by the clubs in the third period of the Winter Classic. This set went to the players.

--Every jersey was authenticated with a unique MGG Authentication Program serial number on a security tag sewn into the back of the jersey before the game.

--Every jersey has the Winter Classic patch affixed to the right breast.

--The Wings marked their jerseys with a W, 1, 2 or 3 in the back of the neck.

--Dustin Byfuglien of the Hawks was the player whose Reebok logo on the back of the neck of his three period jerseys were obscured by a black patch for Reebok's Lost Logo Challenge contest.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks, Barry

trsent
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
As longtime Blackhawks play-by-play man Pat Foley ends each broadcast with (based on the final score):

"We hope you enjoyed the game, despite the outcome".

I enjoyed the game and the first period. I moved from The Bleachers to section 223 last row after the first period as the close up bleacher seats sucked. The 223s were around center ice and I could see the puck. It was fun, but cold.

jppopma
01-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Barry and Joel, I'm glad you guys made it and the weather was cooperative. I saw the change in it a few days after I passed on my tickets. Still was a nice game and the scenery looked nice even on the TV. As many bad seats as I'm sure there was, it looked like everyone was enjoying it all.

Now I just have to look and decide which of the gamers will remain within reach when they are auctioned.