PDA

View Full Version : UPS/Steiner Redux

whirl
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I thought I got UPS'ed today. I had a box containing a Yankees BP jersey delivered to my office by UPS today. It was a cheapie as I just wanted something to wear to the next game. I thought my wife had opened it, because it had the flaps up and the paper packing was sticking out of the top. She said that it came that way. The jersey and LOA were there along with a Yankees pin. Initially I thought that someone had opened up the box, checked the contents and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Upon further review as they say, I could find nothing to suggest that it had been tampered with. The jersey was laying flat, and there was nothing to suggest that the tape had been pulled away from the box. There was no tearing of paper on the box, and there was no paper residue on the tape. I decided to check my theory by pulling the rest of the tape off the box. It came off without any effort and left very little residue either. My conclusion is that the tape Steiner uses is cheap; that they need to tape their packages with more than a single strip of tape; and that maybe not all of the shipping problems lay with UPS. Rex

markize
12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I thought I got UPS'ed today. I had a box containing a Yankees BP jersey delivered to my office by UPS today. It was a cheapie as I just wanted something to wear to the next game. I thought my wife had opened it, because it had the flaps up and the paper packing was sticking out of the top. She said that it came that way. The jersey and LOA were there along with a Yankees pin. Initially I thought that someone had opened up the box, checked the contents and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Upon further review as they say, I could find nothing to suggest that it had been tampered with. The jersey was laying flat, and there was nothing to suggest that the tape had been pulled away from the box. There was no tearing of paper on the box, and there was no paper residue on the tape. I decided to check my theory by pulling the rest of the tape off the box. It came off without any effort and left very little residue either. My conclusion is that the tape Steiner uses is cheap; that they need to tape their packages with more than a single strip of tape; and that maybe not all of the shipping problems lay with UPS. Rex

i think it is also a problem when there is 6 inches of airspace inside between the item, and the box. there needs to be more packing paper added inside to make the box more "firm". i recently ran into this problem with them as well. the box was crushed on top.

mark