PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Fanfest 2009

Chris78
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
I saw that the Pirates will be having their fanfest January 23rd-25th. How is it with --in terms of price, quality, and quantity -- for game used jerseys, bats, locker room nameplates, etc. and also for getting autographs from the players and coaches? I saw someone's selling prices from last year's fanfest so it seems like the prices would be reasonable. I am not sure that I will go, but have given it consideration.

Any info would be very much appreciated since I may be using vacation time to go to this.

Chris

HENMICK44
12-15-2008, 08:44 PM
If You Go I'm Looking For A Doug Mientkiewicz Batting Helmet,jersey And A Bat.let Me Know!!!!!!!!! henmick44@optonline.net

Chris78
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
If I do go to this event, it would be on Sunday the 25th. For others that have gone, will they still have game used items available by that time? Also, do they lower prices on items by the end? If anyone can chime in on my questions and the ones listed from December I would appreciate it. I did see some info from a post a few days ago.

Also, the Pirates do have who will be signing autographs and times on their Web site now for anyone interested in attending.

I might go to the Natsfest instead (which is closer for me), but I am still waiting to see what players they will have signing.

Thanks,

Chris

jrhrlh
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Piratefest does have some nice item each year for sale. Prices seem to range from $75-couple hundred dollars for jerseys depending on the player. They also have locker tags,lineup cards,bats,jackets,balls and last years they had unused away vests for $25.

They do bring out new items each day and as others are sold but no they do not reduce the price.

As far as autographs it's 1/person/player and if you just want to get autos from all sessions I'd suggest getting there as early as possible. The closer you are to the front of the line the best chance you have of getting close when you re-enter the line and the next session begins.

I will be attending Friday and Sunday. Friday does seem to be the least crowded and can get more accomplished. It is also the best day for GU items but get there even earlier as the "non fans"/people looking to make a quick buck clean it out. Last year they had 5 jersey/person limit and it was well picked thru 15 min after they opened.

Sincityson
01-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone know if they possibly will have jerseys from years prior to 2008 at the fan fest?

Chris78
01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Do they let so many people in at a time in a room or can you walk right up and purchase your jerseys (only 5 at one time)? Also, could you walk around and then buy more jerseys if you wanted to? I saw how the Phillies Christmas sale was run this year and I have a feeling it would be similar to this. A lot of the jerseys were spring training players, coaches, or players that only played a few games with the team.

Thanks for the info.

Chris

jrhrlh
01-15-2009, 08:49 PM
At previous Piratefests they did have jerseys from past years and if they sell any of the ones left from the ticket holder sale there should be a few. I was able to pick up a 2003 Giles road, 2001 Wehner home/Stargell star,2002 M. Williams Alt, and a 2001 T. Mulholland Alt. at the sale. There were quite a few left over and that was late into day 2 of 3.

As far as purchases,they seem to have you make your limit purchase and get back in line for another. So if you had someone with you they could hold 5 while you bought five and then get back in line. I have also heard that they let the dealers that are set up at Piratefest buy items before the doors open. This could be why most of the top name players and alt red jerseys were gone when they opened.

Also be aware that the doors open 1 hr early on Fri. and Sun. to VIP/season ticket holders.

Chris78
01-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I am assuming that you can buy tickets at the David Lawrence Convention Center and do not have to buy tickets in advance or at PNC Park. Anyone know the answer without me calling?

Thanks,

Chris

HENMICK44
01-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Some one get me a mientkiewicz,and nady helmet and a nady and mientkiewicz jersey.thanks

Chris78
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I wanted to thank jrhrlh for the info that he provided about Piratefest. I went on Sunday and had a great time. Got a decent amount of jerseys, 3 bats, and 4 locker room nameplates for a pretty good price. Not everyone likes to give info, but when your driving 300 miles one way you want to make sure it is worth going to -- and it was worth it.

Henmick44, they did have the jerseys you were looking for, but the prices were too much for me to pay at this time. They did not have any batting helmets either when I went. Maybe next year.

Chris

HENMICK44
01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for looking Chris.

jrhrlh
01-27-2009, 08:28 PM
You're welcome Chris. I was able to make it on Fri. and Sunday. I did notice that this year there was NO limit on the amount of jerseys you could purchase. This was bad news. When the doors opened the first people to get into the GU area grabbed anything they could then decided what they wanted when they got to the counter. Thankfully the Pirates had many of each player available so if you stopped back later they usually had the area refreshed with new items. As stated there were some top players available but the prices were TOO high. I was able to get the following items:

2001 KIp Wells Road,1999 Pat Mears Home,2007 Humberto Cota Road,2006 Jose Hernandez Home w/AS patch,2007 Carlos Maldonado Road,2007 Bobby Cuellar Road,2008 Luis Rivas Home,Brian Bixler GU bat and GU Line-up card from 2007 60th Anniv. Jackie Robinson Day.