PDA

View Full Version : Current market value of Bonds

jetersbatboy
12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Does any one know the market of Barry Bonds bats right now. I did see one on ebay for $800 right now but the market seems to be dead on his item. The reason I am asking is I maybe in the market for one with the price on hiss stuff going down its now becoming some what affordable. Do you guy think the market may even become lower on his items? Should I wait, or is the lowest it will get?
Thanks for your opinions.

jetersbatboy
12-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry, should say market value

italianchulo
12-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I think the same is with stocks. If you were to put your money into a company that you like and see things in at 30, why wait and hope to see it at 25 later on, because even if the price was double at 50 , if I like the company I'd still buy it.
If you want to see a Bonds bat in your collection go for it without worrying . you might save a few hundred or you might pay a few hundred later but the money is money and you will enjoy the bonds.

joelsabi
12-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Does any one know the market of Barry Bonds bats right now. I did see one on ebay for $800 right now but the market seems to be dead on his item. The reason I am asking is I maybe in the market for one with the price on hiss stuff going down its now becoming some what affordable. Do you guy think the market may even become lower on his items? Should I wait, or is the lowest it will get?
Thanks for your opinions.

i think it will drop even further. there was a hard core bonds collector who dumped his stuff and i was amazed at the little interest in his amazing collection.

if he goes to prison, his stuff will be even more affordable.

maybe someone can share the trends of pete rose items when he got caught with betting on baseball. his stuff is still expensive right? i really dont know but maybe there is a parallel.

tacprc
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I have been ardently collecting Rose items for the past 17 years. Prices for quality Rose items have held strong -- although they have been flat since he non-contritely admitted to betting on baseball five years ago.

Prices for second tier items were noticeably weak in last months Leland's auction -- probably due to the poor economy.

Chuck