PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Used! I Cant Believe It!

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I just won the auction at Vintage for the 2005 Peyton Manning game used jersey. I can not believe I got it for only $1080! Let it be known that I honestly feel there is a 75% chance that Manning never wore this jersey. To be honest I would have given a grand for a team issued Manning just to say I had one. I know all genuine Manning gamers have team and/or Manning provenence. I still cant believe some uneducated buyer didnt at least bid 1500-2K! Wow.........

trsent
12-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I just won the auction at Vintage for the 2005 Peyton Manning game used jersey. I can not believe I got it for only $1080! Let it be known that I honestly feel there is a 75% chance that Manning never wore this jersey. To be honest I would have given a grand for a team issued Manning just to say I had one. I know all genuine Manning gamers have team and/or Manning provenence. I still cant believe some uneducated buyer didnt at least bid 1500-2K! Wow.........

I do not understand, what was wrong with the jersey? You feel there is a 75% chance that Peyton Manning never wore the jersey, but you do not give any grounds for your reasoning.

I believe on this forum, you have to have a reason for calling out an item, please elaborate.

Neely8
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
I'd say close to $1100 is pretty steep for a GI Manning. Since I collect Rams I'm not sure what the market value is for a legit Peyton Manning gamer but hopefully yours turns out to be the real deal.

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Hi....I have been dealing with Manning gamers for several years now. In my experience and from my sources, Peytons jerseys DO NOT leave the Colts locker room. They are sourced through Peyton's foundation or come from reputable charities or from Mr. Polian or Mr. Irsay personally. I simply dont believe this jersey was worn by Peyton. However as I stated before, I wouldve given a grand for it if I was 100% certain it was only game issued.

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Guys you are misunderstanding the purpose of my OP. Im not upset nor bitter at all. I felt going into the bidding that the jersey was simply game issued at best. I would have given the $1080 for it on that perception alone. Bottom line is this....it can not be proven nor disproven if the jersey is a gamer. However with my sources and with the history of how Peytons game jerseys are handled, the preponderance of evidence leads me to believe it was not game worn. I am perfectly happy giving 1K for a game issued.

trsent
12-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi....I have been dealing with Manning gamers for several years now. In my experience and from my sources, Peytons jerseys DO NOT leave the Colts locker room. They are sourced through Peyton's foundation or come from reputable charities or from Mr. Polian or Mr. Irsay personally. I simply dont believe this jersey was worn by Peyton. However as I stated before, I wouldve given a grand for it if I was 100% certain it was only game issued.

Ok, so your original comment, you have to explain why this jersey is 75% suspect to not be game used - You have to back up your comments with reasons or you are breaking forum rules.

This forum has rules that state that you cannot just make a general statement without facts and proof to back it up.

Now be a good student and figure out what is wrong with this jersey that you feel it is not game used. Experts on this forum often use photographic evidence or call people to find what their issues and concerns are.

You gave us nothing above but a rational that his jerseys never hit the street - Do you have any concrete proof of such?

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 01:25 AM
HI Trsent....I have followed virtually every Manning gamer sold on the major auction houses for the last 5 years. Around 2300 is the cheapest Ive ever seen. May I ask what your opinion is that the jersey in question only went for 1080? I dont mean to argue...I simply would like your opinion? Could it be that money is tight for the Xmas holiday? Maybe the economy?

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Trsent....you have now taken my OP....which was meant to be lighthearted and jovial....and have turned it into something completely different. I AM NOT COMPLAINING NOR CALLING OUT ANYONE. I won the darn jersey! I am happy as hell! I gave 1080 bucks for a game used Manning jersey! The facts..yes FACTS....are Manning jerseys are taken after EACH AND EVERY game. THEY ARE TAKEN INTO CUSTODY IF YOU WILL. Period. If you want a certified and notarized affidavit from the Colts equipment mgr. I will do my best to get that for you.

trsent
12-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I just think if you make a comment that there is an issue with the jersey, you should explain why. Trying to be funny? These guys on here have no sense of humor. You have to explain why there is an issue if you are going to state there is an issue.

I never, ever looked at the auction, and I have no clue why such a jersey ended for under $1100! I don't care, but if you are going to state there is an issue, you have to explain what the issues are and not just assumptions.

I guess you have money to spend if you bought the jersey and are pretty sure it is not game used.

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
This is the last thing I will say concerning this post. There is NOTHING suspect about the jersey physically. What is suspect is the circumstances under which Manning jerseys are released to the public. As I have already listed...Peyback Foundation, Colts team charities, Mr. Polian or Mr. Irsay, etc. are the sources where true Manning gamers originate from. In my opinion....based upon the facts that I know to be true concerning how Manning gamers are handled....and the fact this jersey has ZERO provenance....leads me to believe this jersey is nothing more than team issued. Period and good night.

trsent
12-12-2008, 01:44 AM
This is the last thing I will say concerning this post. There is NOTHING suspect about the jersey physically. What is suspect is the circumstances under which Manning jerseys are released to the public. As I have already listed...Peyback Foundation, Colts team charities, Mr. Polian or Mr. Irsay, etc. are the sources where true Manning gamers originate from. In my opinion....based upon the facts that I know to be true concerning how Manning gamers are handled....and the fact this jersey has ZERO provenance....leads me to believe this jersey is nothing more than team issued. Period and good night.

So, is the jersey properly tagged, numbered and lettered?

Did you contact VA about your concerns before bidding?

I am confused, you bought the jersey, but you do not believe it to be a game used jersey? What is it then? I am very curious now.

Neely8
12-12-2008, 01:51 AM
What I think he is saying is that he would have paid over $1K for the jersey even if it were just a GI. My interpretation is that to him if it actually turns out to be game worn then that is just a bonus.

Fnazxc0114
12-12-2008, 02:17 AM
trsent, are you sure your not the one on here who doesn't have since of humor. from most of your post that i have read all you talk about is how people are attacking you.

both-teams-played-hard
12-12-2008, 02:19 AM
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2606/fullmoonky8.jpg
According to my gentleman's intuition, there is a full-moon coming...

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Neely8...you are absolutely 100% correct!!!

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Just to be clear.....Ive owned two GUARANTEED Manning gamers. This jersey I won tonite is solid physically. All letters, numbers, tags etc are correct. It is spot on....no issues. The bottom line is it can not ever be proven nor disproven to be a gamer. For 1080 bucks I could care less.

trsent
12-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Just to be clear.....Ive owned two GUARANTEED Manning gamers. This jersey I won tonite is solid physically. All letters, numbers, tags etc are correct. It is spot on....no issues. The bottom line is it can not ever be proven nor disproven to be a gamer. For 1080 bucks I could care less.

Oh, I see. Thanks for making that clear. I thought you were attacking the jersey as not being what it was advertised as in your original post so I asked you to explain, but now I see the jersey appears to be 100% fine to you, but you doubt it was worn in a game though there is no proof to explain if it was or was not I guess from your replies.

As for Fnazxc0114's comments: Joshua Rogers, I have no clue who you are, but please if you have something to say, make it make sense and not be an attack. I must have been confused over the comments made by Doctor Loomis, Joseph Mayo, as he commented that a jersey he bought is 75% not genuine, but he bought it since it is dead on.

I am confused by his starting this thread, but who the heck are you, Joshua Rogers, to comment about what sense of humor I have or not? Do you know me personally to decide such? Have you ever witnessed my humor to judge me?

I didn't think so - So just stay the heck out of my business until you have the pleasure of enjoying my humor. I get northing but crap from members of this forum attacking me for trying to have humor - But you do not know me from Adam (whoever Adam may be) so do not judge my sense of humor and STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS if you do not like my views, concerns or state of mind.

Got it?

trsent
12-12-2008, 02:43 AM
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2606/fullmoonky8.jpg
According to my gentleman's intuition, there is a full-moon coming...

Warren, isn't the moon always full but sometimes we only see part of it from where we stand?

markize
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM

hey dr,

did you see the manning jersey up for auction at vintage authentics? currently 1 bid for $750. here is the link:

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=100587298&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=100934008

mark

DoctorLoomis
12-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Mark...yes I saw that jersey. However I dont like that style shirt. It is SLIGHTLY different. Are you gonna bid on it?

markize
12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Mark...yes I saw that jersey. However I dont like that style shirt. It is SLIGHTLY different. Are you gonna bid on it?

nah....not my thing. just wanted to pass it along to you in case you missed it.

mark

trsent
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I was wondering, the photos in this eBay listing look like photos from Vintage Authentics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180316044661&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=008

The eBay seller's name is tallvolfan, which is similar to DoctorLoomis who is a tall person from Las Vegas but this jersey is found in Tennessee.

Is it the same jersey? Vintage Authentics removed their pictures.

markize
12-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I was wondering, the photos in this eBay listing look like photos from Vintage Authentics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180316044661&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=008

The eBay seller's name is tallvolfan, which is similar to DoctorLoomis who is a tall person from Las Vegas but this jersey is found in Tennessee.

Is it the same jersey? Vintage Authentics removed their pictures.

joel,

i believe you are correct. it appears to be the EXACT same 4 pictures from the vintage authentics auction. it appears the seller on ebay made a hefty $36 profit (not including ebay/paypal fees). here is a link to both:

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=100040019&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=100386729

mark

markize
12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
....actually, now that i look at it again, after the buyer paid the premium, he LOST money on this deal. high bid was $1080 on vintage ($1296 price realized). looks like a $72 loss + ebay/paypal fees. also, i have no idea as to the identity of the seller/buyers.

mark