PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens...Steriods???

Mat2786@aol.com
04-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,

I was talking to someone yesterday about Roger Clemens. He brought up that he thinks Roger Clemens took steriods or some sort of substance that is why he isn't playing this year. At first i thought no way, but after thinking about it, it sorta makes sense. He says that he wants to spend time with his family. But I believe all of his kids are grown up. Not to mention in Houston last year he didn't have to be at the games that he didn't pitch in. He also has a chance to play with his son on Houston. Not that he needs the money, but he has a chance to make another 15-20 million. I mean everyone talks about how Bonds is setting records in his late 30's early 40's but yet no one talks about why is Clemens setting records with his ers last year. I believe his era was the lowest ever for someone over forty. Steve Carlton was one of the hardest worker, he worked out and everything but as he got older he lost it. Clemens on the other hand, as he gets older he seems to get better. Also if your playing at the level Clemens is and you almost win the world series wouldn't you want to come back and give it another shot, especially with his son? I just want to here what everyone has to say about it.
Thanks,
Matt
P.S. Clemens and Canesco did play on the same team. And in Canseco's book he talks about going golfing with Clemens. They seem to be pretty good bodies. You don't hear Canesco talking bad about Clemens in his book.

astros*bats
04-01-2006, 05:10 PM
His son, Koby, is no where near making the Major League roster.

suave1477
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah I was about to say the same thing his son is way down in the minors in the rookie league i spoke with soe guys from there single A team and they said Koby is not going to come up for a while. Astros single A team is located in New York.

As far as the rest of what you said i am not saying its not possible but there is really nothing pointing it out either / ok so he has gotten better ok so he has gotten bigger - but did you know he works out i mean hardcore working out through the off season to keep himself in shape.

As far as him spenindg time with his family "he doesn't" he spends all his off time trying to keep in shape for the games. So I cant blame him wanting to say i want to eat a thousand McDonalds burgers wake up late tomorrow stuff my face with ice cream and do absolutely nothing with the rest of his day.