PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Jersey Assistance

b.heagy
12-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok jersey guru's. I need some help. I picked up a Babe Ruth jersey sometime ago. Made by The Western Costume Co. I did some research and found that the company makes most of the costumes for movies. I tried contacting them via email, got responses but they were worthless. So I ask for everyones help. Attached are pics of the jersey. The jersey has some age in my opinion. I DO NOT beleive Ruth wore this jersey. Is this a movie worn jersey? Does anyone know if Western Costume made items for public sale? Any help is greatly apreciated.

both-teams-played-hard
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Western Costume NEVER made jerseys for retail sales. Over the years, they have cleared out inventory and sold movie used items to the public. By the tagging, this jersey is newer than the 70s. There are many, many productions this could have been used for....TV Show, commercial, motion picture. You should have fun pinpointing what this jersey was used in. Where did you find it?

Fraudfinder!!
12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Here is an interesting story about a Ruth movie jersey from the same company. I assume this is not your jersey. There have been many movie/tv shows with Ruth characters in the last few years. Good luck.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_/ai_61620055

b.heagy
12-09-2008, 10:22 PM
BTPH, Thank you, you gave me more info than the Western Costume Co. gave me over a few months. The jersey was purchased at a public auction and later found it's way to me.

Fraudfinder, Not the same jersey. Been trying tirelessly to find out exactly what this was worn in. Tried almost all the main movies that featured Ruth as a character but have had no luck.

I appreciate the responses so far and look forward to anyone else that can help shed some light on this piece.