PDA

View Full Version : Another Fake Pete Rose Jacket With Loa

hblakewolf
04-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Forum Readers-
Last year, I posted a thread from a major auction house that was offering a Starter brand Pete Rose Phillies jacket. I challenged the auction house and fellow Forum readers to provide me with one photo os Rose or any Phillies player from the Pete Rose era (1979-1983) wearing a quilted Starter jacket. No photo or evidence has ever been provided to this day.

Now we have Broadway Rick's with this Rose jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pete-Rose-Phillies-Signed-Jacket-Game-Used-LOA-JSA_W0QQitemZ8789900400QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Correct style wilson jacket, however, the Phillies did not have numbers on the sleeves of this style jacket. Again, bad jacket with a James Spence LOA. Again, I challenge any Forum reader to find a photo of any Phillies player from this era (1979-1983) wearing a knit Wilson brand jacket, NOB, with a # on the sleeve. I have Schmidt and Bob Boone's same style knit jackets at this Rose (both purchased directly from the Phillies), and neither have #'s on the sleeve, as is the correct style.

As I always say, a little homework must be done before depending on these worthless LOA's.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

mwbosoxfan
04-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Forum Readers-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pete-Rose-Phillies-Signed-Jacket-Game-Used-LOA-JSA_W0QQitemZ8789900400QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Again, bad jacket with a James Spence LOA. Again, I challenge any Forum reader to find a photo of any Phillies player from this era (1979-1983) wearing a knit Wilson brand jacket, NOB, with a # on the sleeve.

As I always say, a little homework must be done before depending on these worthless LOA's.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard- Am I reading the LOA wrong? I read it to only state to the authenticity of the autograph. The seller may be misrepresenting the jacket, but I don't read the LOA to authenticate the jacket to be game used/worn, just the autograph.

hblakewolf
04-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Indeed, it appears the LOA is only for the autograph, however, the body of the LOA indicates the jacket is game worn.

So we have a real autograph on a fake jacket with a LOA on the real autograph-fantastic!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net