PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Jersey is NOT Game Used!

DoctorLoomis
12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I can assure you with 99.99% certainty this jersey was NEVER worn by Mr. Tebow in any football game. I have a close friend that is a higher-up at Nike. She deals directly with the teams and equipment managers and knows precisely what equipment and how much equipment is ordered by each school. She showed me the order sheet from the Florida athletic department. Tebow was issued only ONE white jersey for that season. Thats is 100% fact. Furthermore, we all know Tim to be the most physical running QB in recent college football memory. That jersey is as clean as a babys butt. After closely looking at the photos she says theres no way its game used. Someone is in for a hell of a surprise.

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=100039635&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=100386345

fromcooperstowntohollywood
12-09-2008, 12:56 AM
That is a shame. Someone will definitely be surprised. On a brighter note, they do have two items I'll be bidding on. The Thurman Munson autographed foul ball and the Wayne Gretzky game used stick. Not too many people talk about hockey on this forum, but Rich Ellis is the best hockey stick authenticator in the business. If the stick is from Gretzky's last season, it could be a steal!

lund6771
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Doctorloomis....did she give you any ideas where a jersey like this could come from?...Is it a perfect copy of what Tebow would wear on the field?

If so, where is this stuff coming from?...is it possible that people within Nike are making extras and selling them?

DoctorLoomis
12-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Hi Lund...you are absolutely 100% unadulteratedly correct. It is the EXACT set up he wears. Furthermore, you are also correct that Nike employees simply have the jersey made up for friends or themselves....and some poor sap is about to pay major cash for it. That jersey will go for 6-8 GRAND!

On a side note, I dont have the name of Lampson or MEARS to validate my expertise. However I am looking into getting into the memorabilia market solely as an NCAA football jersey authenticator. One advantage that I have is my friend at Nike. Since 90% of all jerseys worn in college football are made my Nike, the "inside" knowledge I have access to is invaluable in the world of college jersey authentication. I can find out the EXACT specs of every single athlete wearing a Nike football jersey in this country. If you want the exact specs that Tebow wears....or Colt McCoy ....or Knowshon Moreno...I have access to it. Im talking any extra length, sizing, hemming...anything that is ordered by the equipment guys I can find out in a heartbeat. I know the different fabrics that schools order from season to season. I know when changes are made...very subtle changes...to the jerseys or letters/numbers. I think I could really help put a stop to a lot of the forgeries/counterfeits/fakes.

lund6771
12-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Great info....It sure is hard to fault an authenticator or auction house with this happening...have you thought about contacting Vintage Authentics with your knowledge?

Your info could be a great asset to this hobby!!!!

DoctorLoomis
12-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Lund...not only have I contacted VA....I told them a Reggie Bush "Game Used" USC jersey they auctioned about a year or so ago was an absolute fake. Wanna know how I know? Because I was the original owner! It was given to me by my friend! It has 2 unmistakeable glue marks on it. UNMISTAKEABLE! I sold it on eBay as game cut and the buyer put it on VA. It also had approximately 0.00001% wear on it. Lampson passed it and VA sold it. Some poor guy thinks he has the goods but really has a dud. Sad. I told them I know for 10000% it isnt real....didnt matter to them.

lund6771
12-09-2008, 02:04 AM
pretty sad

DoctorLoomis
12-09-2008, 02:08 AM
As I said the Tebow jersey will bring 6-8 grand. It might even top the Vince Young Texas gamer I brought to auction 2 years ago that brought 8400. If it brought 10 grand I would not be surprised. In the end someone is getting ripped a new one.

MI_GTO
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Looks like this jersey made its way onto ebay! Funny how the dirt/grass stains "miraculously" appeared.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220550512030