PDA

View Full Version : My Lambeau Field - Packer HOF Experience

JimCaravello
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I was fortunate enough to have been invited to Green Bay, WI over Thanksgiving weekend to watch the Packers and Carolina Panthers hit the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field". I have to say - the Stadium / Facility is one of the nicest around. They did a great job in renovating the place and there really isn't a bad seat in the Stadium.

The best part of the weekend was visiting the Packer HOF located within the Stadium. The HOF exhibit was first class - lots of Game Used Jerseys and Memorabailia from all eras, including back when they were the Acme Packers. Unfortunately, I did not take my camera - as I wish I could have photographed all the jerseys / tagging examples on display. If you are a football fan and collector of football GU jerseys, I would highly recommend a visit there if you haven't been already.......I would recommend going when it is warm though!

Jim

harpt
12-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Jim

I wish I could have seen you and said hello when you were in town. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed Green Bay and especially the HOF. I agree: it is a great place.

Next time you're in town drop me a line.

helmets
12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Jim:

Yes, I know the feeling. I try to take in the HOF every time I go to GB. My wife now waits for me outside as she has been through it several times with me. Once to see the helmets on the statues, and 3-4 times bored out of her mind, but to please me. I am headed to Green Bay again for the last game of the season to watch Detroit go 0-16. I'm taking my son with me, so I will drag him through the hall.

harpt
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
helmets

There is a bar on Mason street (email me for directions if you're interested) called Fuzzy's. It is owned by Fuzzy Thurston, and he is usually there to shake your hand.

The bar is filled with his "stuff." While most of it is photographs, etc, he does have one of his old suspension helmets on display. It appears to have everything original, and is a beautiful piece. Check it out if you get the chance.

helmets
12-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks Scott;

Yes, we were at Fuzzy's a couple years back. Had the chilli...
Fuzzy was not there. I did see his suspension helmet and examined it. Very nice lid. If we stay the weekend, we take in all of the local shops - Card and Coin as well as the little shop on Holmgren (forget the name), and Classic in the mall. Prime Quarter is also a must...

For game day or the day before, we normally go to Anduzzi's or Stadium View.

harpt
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Perfect. It sounds like you are definately getting the experience.

JimCaravello
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Scott - will definitely do that if I ever get back up there.......forgot to mention that I ate at Favre's Steakhouse one night - great food and service - would rate up there with any of the best Steakhouses around the country - little different atmosphere than most high end steakhouses I have been too.........every guy had a hat on ( including a few cheeseheads at the bar )......there was more Favre and Green Bay jerseys donned by patrons and camoflauge and boots and tennis shoes were quite prevalent.........I was clearly overdressed with my jeans and corduroy blazer on!!

harpt
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I am seriously laughing out loud right now. You walk into one of our nicest steak joints and the patrons inside are wearing camo and cheesheads.

That scene is a snapshot of what half the people love about Green Bay and what half the people hate about it. In any event, that is part of the experience.