PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel Arod 2001 Jersey Inconsistencies

matt
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Check this out:
http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail3.aspx?lotid=19159

I spent an hour or so on this jersey and could not match it. Though it may be legit (hell, Arod signed it "Game Used 2001), here are some problems I found in case you bid on it:

1. It is tagged as Set 1 2000, though signed "GU 2001." Since Arod did not play for Texas in 2000, this is a bit weird, but not too weird alone.

2. Since it has the 9/11 flag, this can only be from 9/13-9/30 2001. How many times could they have worn an alternate jersey in this period??? Seems to me, not more than 1 or 2x, so there should not be mutiple jerseys made up this way. My problem is that the photos from the 9/26 game don't match this jersey real well. Here is the best shot:16313

Note that the 3 does not align with the name plate the same way, and the 3 is actually shaped a bit different. Another getty photo shows different button locations on the front in my estimation. Also, I found that the X and S in Texas align differently in the 2 jerseys.

Anyway, your mileage may vary, but thought I would post my thoughts for folks who might be considering.

Matt