PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: FatboySR@aol.com

harpt
12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Just want to warn everyone

There is a "seller" out there who is soliciting collectors. I do not know where he is getting our contact info, but I am assuming it is off of this site since another collector on here has been contacted by him as well.

He gives different names (for example, he told me his name is David, and told Skubebats his name is Ronnie), and offers bats of the players you collect...but then never really has them and starts random arguments with you (very strange).

He told Jamie that he was a batboy in the 80's. I have no way of knowing if this is true (it certainly could be...I know there were batboys in the 80's).

Anyway...I just wanted to let folks know in case anyone else is being solicited as well.

SkubeBats
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Scott,
He claims he was a batboy for the Brewers in 1982. I just don't get why he tells you one name then tellls me a different name. Every time I post bats on here for sale he emails me and harrases me about my prices, also saying I'm hurting this hobby by my prices I have on my bats. I know he has contacted and herrased other member on here. I would stay away from this jerk if I was you nothing but problems!!

zookerman182
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I too have been bothered by this guy. He is a tool and a loser and i blocked his email so i dont have to hear from him anymore. I have no idea who this guy is.

zonker
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
can 1 of you guys forward me an email from this guy? i'm looking for common ref's in his story from when he was a batboy. my guy say's brewers,but another friend of mine from florida was ripped on something and this guy claimed to be a bat boy from the cubs (same time frame) he sent pics of himself to me sitting with robin yount of the brewers in a batboy uniform. he sound's like the same guy who ripped me in the past, but refuses to answear email's from me. if it's the same guy? i'll tell you who he is. mcfresonke@hotmail.com

JimCaravello
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I too have been contacted by him in the last week - offering to sell me two Reggie Jackson game used bats - his e-mails were short and curt, which was the first warning. He offered the bats for sale, but wouldn't give me a price. He finally told me his name and bascially lied that "Jim had said good things about me"............never told me who Jim was. I finally told him that I would not negotiate against myself for the bats by offering a price - that I would pass, but he was welcome to tell me what he wanted for the one particular bat I was intereasted in. He finally told me he is "fatboysr" on ebay, which I don't know if it's true or not - he said he would sell the 70's Reggie ( nice one ) for $800 - all of it just didn't add up - I e-mailed him and passed and haven't heard boo since..........these soliciting e-mails seem to be a pattern these days..........

SkubeBats
12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
For some reaseon FatboySr tells the same B.S. stories about being a batboy like another real clown MANIC71. If their not the same person they must know each other. Both guys send you junk emails and do nothing but complain about you and your stuff. Stay away from both of these guys!!

camarokids
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I received a few emails from someone who had a BJ Upton Easton bat with BJ written in blue ball-point pen on the center brand and #35 on the ends. His emails were short and did not make much sense.

He asked if I was interested in the bat and then in a later email asked what I had to trade.

When I said I was not interested he became defensive and emailed me back to say he spoke with Tim Byington. He says Tim said the bat is fine....

Tim if you read this? Can you please verify?

One other thing I thought was weird after I listed a few bats I had duplicates, he said the Upton bat was the only bat he had.....

Also, he said he never had a bat he did not want to trade..that it was part of the fun for him.....

Also in his emails he typed words like this, example: can't = ca*&%'t ......

Every so many words he would do that...... Maybe he was trying to put through a virus... So I did a complete scan afterwards........

I deleted his emails.... I will search my address book for his email address....

mfsquirrelmaster
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I have received an email from this address from someone called Lisa. The email asked me of a list of other game used items I may have for sale. I responded and have not heard back from Lisa or David or Ronnie.

frikativ54
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Scott,
He claims he was a batboy for the Brewers in 1982. I just don't get why he tells you one name then tellls me a different name. Every time I post bats on here for sale he emails me and harrases me about my prices, also saying I'm hurting this hobby by my prices I have on my bats. I know he has contacted and herrased other member on here. I would stay away from this jerk if I was you nothing but problems!!

Hmm...this is getting interesting. The email I got was from the following address - brewcrew82_1@juno.com. I was called last year by a manica71 from the Midwest who offered me Bagwell stuff. We chatted for a while on the phone, and he seemed nice, until I examined his items and outed him in a Biggio bat thread. Are these the same people? Both the account tied to brewcrew82_1 on eBay and and manica71 are from Wisconsin. Maybe the harassment extends to other members. It's just getting creepy. Anybody else have recent problems?

SkubeBats
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Bump,bump,bump.

gorilla777
09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Looks like the seller you are referencing now has a Yount GU Bat up on Ebay. I have seen some other items from this person, as the name rings a bell - here is the Yount Item # - 330357917958

TriplexXxSports
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Looks like 'they' are not only after the baseball folks. Here's a weird one I received this evening. Seems like crap to me...

This sender is DomainKeys verified (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/context/context-07.html)"eric atkinson" <ejsamm@yahoo.com>
Add sender to Contacts (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTBsdTZpcnZpBF9TAzM5ODMwMTAyNwRhYwNhZGRBQ g--/SIG=1n625bqq2/**http%3A//address.mail.yahoo.com/yab%3Fv=YM%26A=m%26simp=1%26e=ejsamm%2540yahoo.com %26fn=eric%26ln=atkinson%26.done=http%253A%252F%25 2Fus.mc1113.mail.yahoo.com%252Fmc%252FshowMessage% 253FsMid%253D3%2526filterBy%253D%2526midIndex%253D 3%2526mid%253D1_20314_AKcPw0MAAULDSqRjcAjkrz8T%252 52BkY%2526m%253D1_22127_AMUPw0MAAVOsSqR3qAWBFgDo0I Q%25252C1_21487_AN0Pw0MAAG06SqRzPgejghJW1qk%25252C 1_20864_AKEPw0MAAMXfSqRnaw8k8z69sM0%25252C1_20314_ AKcPw0MAAULDSqRjcAjkrz8T%25252BkY%25252C1_829_AK0P w0MAAS29SqDcAQrjlxfVhxw%25252C1_1446_AMsPw0MAAD9NS p%25252FrYQxLg07vjKA%25252C%2526sort%253Ddate%2526 order%253Ddown%2526startMid%253D0%2526pSize%253D25 %2526.jsrand%253D786343%2526needG%253D%2526acrumb% 253DJxVmL4VwKdA%2526.rand%253D1726599058%2526enc%2 53Dauto)

To:
TriplexXxSports@yahoo.com

Hi I have a Urlacher pounded, 2 benson ( one orange), muhsin muhammad, and a Rex Grossman many references including ggstadium on ebay, scott gaynor of gaynor & dent auctions and Dan Dunn formerly of lelands and now sportsandtoyscd on ebay. (http://myworld.ebay.com/sportsandtoyscd/)

TriplexXxSports
09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Scratch my last post. My misunderstanding. I apologize.

BREWEREXPERT
09-08-2009, 12:16 AM
wowi never saw this post about me. first id like to say im not the seller mancia54. frikativ54/mfsquirrelmaster camarokids and zonker i have never dealt with you. i have been collecting for over 20years now,i knew bat boys form the 80s 90s, i was never a bat boy. i have dealt with zookerman182 , i had a prince fielder game used minor league jersey on ebay for sale . he wrote to me offering me $200 he said it would be great in his collection he was beggingme kid a school kid, that was my only experience with zookermann 182, jim caravello i saw in your ad you were paying top $$$$ on yankee items. so i told you what i had and asked you what you will pay. is that wrong? i appolige if i was short i didnt think i was doing anything wrong. you are correct i did offer you a price of$800 you said you would pass i said thanks and never wrote or harrassed you again. im not a scammer .i sold the bats for more on ebay. harpt you and i were going to meet on a saturday i was going to sell you a rookie era yount bat ,you asked me for pics and i sent to you ,then i wrote back and you never wrote, so i figured you werent intrested anymore, did i harrase you? not my styel there are hundreds of people to sell to. oh my name is david not ronnie though i do know and have gotten many old brewer items from him he was a bat boy and brewer bullpen catcher many of you on this forum buy from me know im honest and fair

zookerman182
09-08-2009, 09:15 AM
i find it funny all the offers you got on your high value memorabilia were $200. Get a life and quit making up stories. Thats what children do

SkubeBats
09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
You know what's funny, he was selling on EBAY regualary until this post was started by Harpt then he stopped sellin on EBAY and this was December 2008. He didn't start selling again until this June 2009, why was there a 6 month period you weren't selling maybe it was because we were telling the truth. Now all of a sudden your back on EBAY and this starts all over again. I believe everyone on here would stand behind HARPT, ZOOKERMAN, and MYSELF in the case. Stop playing games and telling lies. 2 people conacted my yesterday telling me that they also had the same problems with you in the past. Your doing no favor to the hoby by doing this, and your giving us Brewers collectors a bad name.

I THINK IT'S TIME THE MODS STEP IN AND HANDLE THIS PROBLEM. WE DON'T NEED THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM AND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE...

frikativ54
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I believe everyone on here would stand behind HARPT, ZOOKERMAN, and MYSELF in the case.

I think I have presented evidence to show that you are one and the same person. There are the same stories with both manica71 and FatboySR@aol.com, they are both from the same location, and the same references in the posts to a $200 bat offer.

I THINK IT'S TIME THE MODS STEP IN AND HANDLE THIS PROBLEM. WE DON'T NEED THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM AND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE...

I agree. This guy is nothing but trouble. I would like to see if brewersexpert offer one iota of proof that he is not manica71, because he is certainly pulling the same crap.

frikativ54
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
oh my name is david not ronnie though i do know and have gotten many old brewer items from him he was a bat boy and brewer bullpen catcher many of you on this forum buy from me know im honest and fair

Can you provide three positive references from your interactions on this board?

BREWEREXPERT
09-09-2009, 01:28 AM
jamie because i dont sell for a period on ebay makes me guilty? zookermann ya $200 that is funny thats why i thought you were a school kid teling me how this piece would be so good in your collection, frikativ54 you are on a witch hunt, now you are saying im all these people? get real.

SkubeBats
09-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Now we all know that you are friends with Manica. This explains a lot to all of us. Please look at the post about the Yount bat on Ebay. He states that he is friends with a guy that sells bogus stuff. I'm glad you told all of us this information. We all had a felling that you were buddies with each other. Maybe now the mods will do something about this situation. If anyone doesn't know about Manica please do a search on him and you will see many post about this jerk.