PDA

View Full Version : 11/30/08 Vikes Throwback Jerseys from JO Sports

lund6771
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
THis afternoon I had the pleasure of meeting some of the guys from JO Sports who were in town picking up the jerseys that the Vikes wore against the Bears on Sunday

I looked at the Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

THese jerseys were so awesome I couldn't believe it!!!!...the way that REAL GAME WORN jerseys should look....no debates, no theories, just plain awesome....

What a breath of fresh air with all of the garbage out there....

Rudy has talked about a "leap of faith" in previous threads....there is no leap here

indyred
12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Very cool, are they getting the entire team set? or just certain players. Those are great looking jerseys.

sonic
12-03-2008, 02:02 AM
What do you all think will be the effect of (potentially) so many Petersen jerseys on the market? It seems as though the Vikings have realized there's a lot of money in GU jerseys and Petersen ostensibly is wearing a new jersey every game so that they can turn around and sell them.
Will these jerseys sell for 5k+ when there are dozens upon dozens of them floating around? I'm not trying to be flippant. I haven't been in the hobby long enough to understand if value is more of a function of supply and demand or player popularity and emotion.

lund6771
12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Indyred....from what I understand, they got all of them except 3

Sonic...I asked the same question and they told me that the market will not be flooded with the jerseys....and no helmets at all

indyred
12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
So were most of the jerseys carried over from the 2007 game when they first used the throwback style vs. the Packers. Some of them showed really nice wear in the #'s like they may have been used and washed before? Was tagging from 07 on some?

lund6771
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
So were most of the jerseys carried over from the 2007 game when they first used the throwback style vs. the Packers. Some of them showed really nice wear in the #'s like they may have been used and washed before? Was tagging from 07 on some?

I guess the players were able to keep last years jerseys, so I think that this years jerseys were all new

indyred
12-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I see a quite a few are getting put up on the website tonight.

lund6771
12-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I see a quite a few are getting put up on the website tonight.

Seeing these jerseys reminded me of the Cowboys and Redskins jerseys that GUU had at the National.....

Chris Cavalier, is there a list of the Cowboy's jerseys somewhere on this site?

indyred
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I see the Peterson is sold. Wonder who got that one. That is a easy one to photomatch from game pictures. As are quite a few of them. They are all up with pictures now. Some cool stuff.

lund6771
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I see the Peterson is sold. Wonder who got that one. That is a easy one to photomatch from game pictures. As are quite a few of them. They are all up with pictures now. Some cool stuff.

The Adrian Peterson was awesome....they had to wrestle it out of my hands!!!

indyred
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Indyred....from what I understand, they got all of them except 3

Sonic...I asked the same question and they told me that the market will not be flooded with the jerseys....and no helmets at all

Any idea who the 3 they didn't get from the game. I don't see either the Frerotte or Berrian on the site. I wonder if Hall Of Fame requested these jerseys. For them hooking up on the 99 yard TD pass tying that record in this game. Or if the Vikings themselves wanted them to display at Winter Park. If JO Sports sees this. With your team contracts, does the team reserve the right to keep jerseys that records or something significant happens. Or does player have first crack at the jerseys for market price. I remember last season ESPN did a feature on Peterson and he had kept one of his game jerseys. It was road white sitting on his table unwashed. The interviewer made mention of how bad it smelled and dirty looking it looked. Also, any word on JO getting the Gene Upshaw patched opening day jerseys from the Vikes.

nomarmauerfan
12-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Any idea who the 3 they didn't get from the game. I don't see either the Frerotte or Berrian on the site. I wonder if Hall Of Fame requested these jerseys. For them hooking up on the 99 yard TD pass tying that record in this game. Or if the Vikings themselves wanted them to display at Winter Park. If JO Sports sees this. With your team contracts, does the team reserve the right to keep jerseys that records or something significant happens. Or does player have first crack at the jerseys for market price. I remember last season ESPN did a feature on Peterson and he had kept one of his game jerseys. It was road white sitting on his table unwashed. The interviewer made mention of how bad it smelled and dirty looking it looked. Also, any word on JO getting the Gene Upshaw patched opening day jerseys from the Vikes.

Indyred,
There was something in the Minneapolis Start Tribune stating that the HOF wanted the Ferotte and Berrian jerseys. That may be why you haven't seen them for sale.

Mike

josports
12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Here is the information regarding the throwbacks. We received 50 of the 53 made. The Vikings kept the Ferotte and Berrian for their HOF that they will be in the process of building. Our deal with the Vikings is for their regular season gamers and an option for throwbacks. We were completely surprised to find out that we were able to obtain the throwbacks. As for the Peterson it was so sweet. I didn't expect to get it but we worked out an arrangement, pricing, charity donations. AS for the NFL, the team makes the decision regarding what they will do with any and all jerseys, that includes throwbacks. As for Berrian, we have worked out a autograph deal to commemorate the 99 yard record. It will include specail autographed and inscribed x/99 helmets, mini, jersey, photos, and footballs. If interested contact office. We will be working with GUU to offer collectors and fans these Vikings collectibles.

Jarrod