PDA

View Full Version : Milestones/Premium

yanks12025
12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
This kinda deals with the one thread about the guy who was going to buy the jersey worning for the players major league debut. But what im asking is when someone has a milestone during a game does that add some type of premium to the jerseys worning by the other players. For example Ross Gload was the first basemen for the royals in the game A-rod hit his 500th home-run. So because that jersey was used in that game do you think it has a higher price then his other jerseys would go for. Here's another example for people that like pitching. Lets say Randy Johnson gets his 300th win next year. Does any jersey used in that game carry a higher value then they would for anyother game. Also im not talking thousands of dollars maybe acouple of hundreds(depending on the player i think).Thanks

AWA85
12-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I would not pay more for somebody that was just in a milestone game. The only scenario that I would like is the guy for the Nats that gave up Bonds dinger. I am a Bonds fan, don't know why but that is about the only thing that would interest me.

markize
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
another good scenario is the orioles jerseys, etc worn in the final game at yankee stadium last season. they went higher than the usual orioles items. mark

allstarsplus
12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Does any jersey used in that game carry a higher value then they would for any other game.

I would say it depends on if that player contributed to the milestone then "yes". For instance, if the game was a no-hitter and an outfielder made a "web gem" catch in that game it would be significant if documented.

The victim pitchers are popular such as Ralph Branca for Bobby Thomson, Al Downing for Hank Aaron, and Mike Bacsik for Barry Bonds so if you got the victim pitchers jerseys from those games they would have a huge premium.

When the Orioles played in the last game at Yankee Stadium, the Orioles players jerseys were hologram'd and they all had big premiums so this probably goes to your theory of milestone games.

allstarsplus
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
another good scenario is the orioles jerseys, etc worn in the final game at yankee stadium last season. they went higher than the usual orioles items. mark

Mark - Good minds think alike as I was typing my response you had the same example!!!!