PDA

View Full Version : What is a MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer?

Moustache Gang
11-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Posters,

I noticed that at least one of our fellow posters is a "MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer" Does anybody know just what that is or what guidelines one has to mee to become one?

I know that if I hire a non-certified electrician to conduct work on my house and my house catches fire due to their faulty wiring many insurance companies will not cover the loss or trying to recover my loss would be very difficult. The same goes with many service-oriented positions like plumbers and police officers must be certifed or sworn in to carry a firearm and have the power to arrest. I really cannot see any benefit of being an unofficial or uncertified anything. Why would I buy a jersey from an unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer when I can buy a jersey from an official MEARS Certified Dealer (if there is such a thing) and I can even buy a jersey right from MEARS website, so why would I use a MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer? I wonder if Team MEARS even knows that such a dealership exists??

Can anybody out there explain to me what a MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer is and possibly the benefit of being "uncertified".

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark Weimerskirch
www.mweimerskirch95@aol.com (http://www.mweimerskirch95@aol.com)

trsent
11-28-2008, 07:03 AM
[quote=Moustache Gang;108865]Posters,

I noticed that at least one of our fellow posters is a "MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer" Does anybody know just what that is or what guidelines one has to mee to become one?

I know that if I hire a non-certified electrician to conduct work on my house and my house catches fire due to their faulty wiring many insurance companies will not cover the loss or trying to recover my loss would be very difficult. The same goes with many service-oriented positions like plumbers and police officers must be certifed or sworn in to carry a firearm and have the power to arrest. I really cannot see any benefit of being an unofficial or uncertified anything. Why would I buy a jersey from an unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer when I can buy a jersey from an official MEARS Certified Dealer (if there is such a thing) and I can even buy a jersey right from MEARS website, so why would I use a MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer? I wonder if Team MEARS even knows that such a dealership exists??

Can anybody out there explain to me what a MEARS Unofficial Certified Dealer is and possibly the benefit of being "uncertified".

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark Weimerskirch
www.mweimerskirch95@aol.com[/quote (http://www.mweimerskirch95@aol.com[/quote)]

Mark, it is a gag between myself and just myself. Why would you post this question on this forum and not the MEARS Forum? You post your concerns there, so why wouldn't you ask them?

Was it because you didn't like my questions to you on the MEARS Forum that you decided not to address since you called a truce with Troy Kinunen until you go to the MEARS office in December?

I appreciate the personal attack - As usual, someone don't want to answer my genuine concerns so they attack me from a different angle. If you really cards about this joke expression at the bottom of each of my MEARS posts, you could have emailed me personally also since I am the only person to use this term.

So, what do you do - You bring the post to this forum where people can attack me. What is your purpose?

jdr3
11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
I think that Moustache Gang's question has much validity.

trsent
11-28-2008, 08:57 AM
I think that Moustache Gang's question has much validity.

Jim Reed, I received an email from someone telling me what a nice guy you are. I told them it must be true coming from them as they are a respectable member of the GUU Community, so I have no idea why you pick on me and my thoughts every chance you get.

If you wish to talk to me about your concerns, my email is listed below, please feel free to contact me so I can figure out why you jump on every chance to humiliate me that you find.

I am so tired of the games of people on this forum - Debate topics BUT THIS INSANITY OF PICKING ON PEOPLE WHO YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH WILL RUN THIS FORUM BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING SILLY AND REALLY IMMATURE!

I debate topics, and often my views are not appreciated because I do not believe ganging up on one side of a topic is fair to the community as a whole, but time and time again, someone like JIM REED COMES HERE AND MAKES WORTHLESS POSTS TO INSULT, DISGRACE AND PLAIN OUT NOT HELP A DEBATE BUT INSULT ME!

I AM TIRED OF THE GAMES - I JUST WANT INTEGRITY AND I SURE DO NOT SEE IT WITH THESE ABUSIVE POSTS.

Please contact me and we can discuss this like men.

Moustache Gang
11-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Joel,

GUF is an open forum to ask and answer questions to learn more about our great and sometimes not so great hobby.

I did not know I could email you directly, so now that I have your permission I will do so in the future.

I did not post my message in any form of retaliation to your post on the MEARS site. I believe Dave Grob eliquently answered your questions.

Please do not assume there is any truce between Troy and myself. Troy offered to discuss the matter in person at is company's HQ in Milwaukee. I took him up on the offer as I believe we both agree arguing out my strong evidence for the jersey in question would be better off discussed in person. There is nothing more or nothing less to read into this.

Joel, I did not know that Unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer is your tag line or a joke at the end of each posting.

I could never speak for Troy or MEARS, but I for one would not like you to make fun of my company by saying you are an "Unofficial ACME Certified Anything Placed Here". If you are poking fun at MEARS because you are not an Official MEARS Certifed Dealer than I would take that up with Troy to see how you can get this designation. Didn't you once call yourself an Official MEARS Certifed Dealer and Troy took that designation away from you? Just asking a question here nothing more and nothing less.

Also in the future now that I have your permission I will personally email you if I have a question that is directed towards you.

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch
www.weimerskirch95@aol.com (http://www.weimerskirch95@aol.com)

trsent
11-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Joel,

GUF is an open forum to ask and answer questions to learn more about our great and sometimes not so great hobby.

I did not know I could email you directly, so now that I have your permission I will do so in the future.

I did not post my message in any form of retaliation to your post on the MEARS site. I believe Dave Grob eliquently answered your questions.

Please do not assume there is any truce between Troy and myself. Troy offered to discuss the matter in person at is company's HQ in Milwaukee. I took him up on the offer as I believe we both agree arguing out my strong evidence for the jersey in question would be better off discussed in person. There is nothing more or nothing less to read into this.

Joel, I did not know that Unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer is your tag line or a joke at the end of each posting.

I could never speak for Troy or MEARS, but I for one would not like you to make fun of my company by saying you are an "Unofficial ACME Certified Anything Placed Here". If you are poking fun at MEARS because you are not an Official MEARS Certifed Dealer than I would take that up with Troy to see how you can get this designation. Didn't you once call yourself an Official MEARS Certifed Dealer and Troy took that designation away from you? Just asking a question here nothing more and nothing less.

Also in the future now that I have your permission I will personally email you if I have a question that is directed towards you.

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch

Mark, nice shot - Please keep attacking and attacking and making it look like you are not playing a game.

You post on the MEARS forum, if your question was genuine you would have posted it there but you wanted to make a fool of me on this forum because you didn't like my questioning your questions to MEARS on their forum so you pick on me on this forum like a child because you know it wouldn't get the same exposure to abuse me on the MEARS forum.

Hahahaha, very funny, very mature.

The joke, to explain before this thread is removed, is that one day a few years ago Troy and I sat in his office and came up with the MEARS Certified Dealer concept. I started using the term in my eBay auctions and in my signature on the MEARS forum.

Then one day it was decided that Troy and myself never had this conversation, and there was no official MEARS certified dealers, so I just changed my signature to MEARS unofficial certified dealer. If there was a problem with this little joke, I assume Troy or Dave Grob would have asked me to change it. I never thought about it until you came on this forum to ABUSE ME PUBLICLY INSTEAD OF ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS.

Dave Grob answered the questions in his view - You ignored the questions as you said you will wait to visit Troy in Milwaukee in December. No problem, you can ignore my genuine concerns and come to this forum AND ABUSE ME FOR YOUR IMMATURE, CHILDISH REASONS!

Anything else you wish to abuse me over today on this forum since you know it will get more exposure and you can continue to use immature tactics to discuss your dislike of my concerns about how you have handled your questioning.

Moustache Gang
11-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Joel,

You may want to grab the nearest dictionary and look up the words "abuse" and "attack"

I am not attacking you. I am defending MEARS period. Again I do not go around making fun of other companies on any board or communication mediums. I do not think Chris or the GUU team would like me to go around and end my posts with my name and "Unofficial GUF Dealer" or "Unofficial GUF Auction Consultant". What if I ended all of my posts with "Unofficial TRS Enterprise Garbage Collector"? (I do not know what TRS does). Would you want that on any board? Of course not.

I did not post the question on the MEARS site as I noticed that it was used on this site.

Now I do not understand your latest posting. You did have a conversation with Troy discussing the Certified MEARS dealer program and then you did not. Can you explain this? How can you have a conversation about something and then not have a conversation about it?

I am not attacking you or abusing you. I simply asked a question in this forum and you chose to, in your tyrannical way, to say I am attacking you and abusing you for posting three questions on the MEARS site. That simply is not true. Your questions were answered by Dave Grob. If you did not like his answers you could have reposted asking for clarification, but you did not. I stated on the MEARS site after your questions that I agreed with Dave's professional approach to answering your questions. Three good questions....Three good answers.

I did not ignore your question. Troy and I agreed to not discuss the Fingers or Jim Brown jersey until we met in person. That is why I did not answer your questions and Dave stepped in an provided his own objective opinion. Believe me Joel, I would love to answer the questions and talk more about both jerseys and the MEARS grading system, but I am a man of my word and I will talk to Troy first.

As I stated before, If I have a question about you or TRS Enterprises or your status as an Unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer I will email you on the account you have provided.

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch
(no tag line needed)

BTW...I noticed in the last couple of posts you are now not using the designation Unofficial Certified MEARS dealer.

mvandor
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
It seems to me there's been alot of personal battles going on around here lately. [insert mod rebuke here.]

trsent
11-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Joel,

You may want to grab the nearest dictionary and look up the words "abuse" and "attack"

I am not attacking you. I am defending MEARS period. Again I do not go around making fun of other companies on any board or communication mediums. I do not think Chris or the GUU team would like me to go around and end my posts with my name and "Unofficial GUF Dealer" or "Unofficial GUF Auction Consultant". What if I ended all of my posts with "Unofficial TRS Enterprise Garbage Collector"? (I do not know what TRS does). Would you want that on any board? Of course not.

I did not post the question on the MEARS site as I noticed that it was used on this site.

Now I do not understand your latest posting. You did have a conversation with Troy discussing the Certified MEARS dealer program and then you did not. Can you explain this? How can you have a conversation about something and then not have a conversation about it?

I am not attacking you or abusing you. I simply asked a question in this forum and you chose to, in your tyrannical way, to say I am attacking you and abusing you for posting three questions on the MEARS site. That simply is not true. Your questions were answered by Dave Grob. If you did not like his answers you could have reposted asking for clarification, but you did not. I stated on the MEARS site after your questions that I agreed with Dave's professional approach to answering your questions. Three good questions....Three good answers.

I did not ignore your question. Troy and I agreed to not discuss the Fingers or Jim Brown jersey until we met in person. That is why I did not answer your questions and Dave stepped in an provided his own objective opinion. Believe me Joel, I would love to answer the questions and talk more about both jerseys and the MEARS grading system, but I am a man of my word and I will talk to Troy first.

As I stated before, If I have a question about you or TRS Enterprises or your status as an Unofficial MEARS Certified Dealer I will email you on the account you have provided.

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch
(no tag line needed)

BTW...I noticed in the last couple of posts you are now not using the designation Unofficial Certified MEARS dealer.

Sir, the Game Used Universe Forum done not have a signature by me with the MEARS title in it - You only saw it on the MEARS forum.

Well put above - Run around the truth that you are looking to attack me because you are looking for trouble. Discuss the issues at hand, and if you were really, genuinely concerned, you would have posted this concern on the MEARS forum from the start, since you have had a few posts there in the last week or so.

You know it is a game, no reason for your post looking for an attack on my image which some members of this forum seem to have nothing better to do than attack since they only want to hear their side of many one sided battles.

earlywynnfan
11-28-2008, 02:17 PM
LOCK IT UP!!!! LOCK IT UP!!!!

Ken

trsent
11-28-2008, 02:40 PM

Ken

Ken, it should be removed, not locked up. It is an embarrassment to Game Used Universe that this thread was even opened.

ChrisCavalier
11-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Ken
I have to agree. This thread does not seem to be adding any value to the community. I am locking this thread. If you guys would like to discuss this further please feel free to do so offline.

trsent
11-28-2008, 11:35 PM
I have to agree. This thread does not seem to be adding any value to the community. I am locking this thread. If you guys would like to discuss this further please feel free to do so offline.

Chris, why not remove the thread? It is a simple, private attack against me. Mark can pretend it is something else, but it is obvious - This was a private attack that should not be allowed.

ndevlin
11-29-2008, 12:15 AM
You two need to get a room. I dont get why neither of you took it upon yourself to end the annoying conversation and finish it by personal email. I had to take 4 ibprofen after that one.

camarokids
11-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I am not trying to be a brown noser, but these types of threads are not benefiting this site, nor are they fun to read!

I do not understand why you all have not locked or deleted this thread....

Maybe a suspension is in line???

I hope this is not selective enforcement of the rules....

I do believe the rules states a thread should be educating:

In case anyone forgot, read below....

Game Used Universe welcomes all visitors who abide by the following forum rules:
You are required to know the rules of the forum - ignorance of the rules will not be a defense.
No Offensive Language or Materials. Please do not post any messages, images or links that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory or otherwise violate any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars.
No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.
No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.
No Spamming. You will not mass-email multiple members of this site the same message.
No Duplicate Posting. Please do not double post or cross-post your message or question to more than one forum. If a post needs to be moved alert the site administrator. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or hack count.
No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Please do not create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.
No Offense User Names (phonetic spellings included). Email addresses containing foul words are also not allowed.
No Multiple Identities. Registering multiple user names and posting under all of them as different people will not be tolerated. Anyone caught doing this will face being banned.
Valid Email Address Required to Post. A valid email address is required to register and it is incumbent upon all members to keep their profile current.
No Spreading of Copyrighted Material. Please do not upload, attach or post anything that is copyright or licensed without prior consent of the owner.
No Topic Changing. Please do not derail threads because you do not agree with their content. If you do not like what you read, find or start a different thread.
No Plagiarism. Cite all sources fully in the post and add a link when available.
No Avatar Abuse. These are a luxury and abuse of them will result in your postings being removed and your account being locked or banned.
All posters must register with a legitimate first name, last name and valid email address. This will allow for accountability and enable posters to be contacted directly when clarifications are needed. Posts made by members who do not provide a legitimate first name, last name and valid email address may be removed at the discretion of the Administrator.
In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.
It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.