PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Rivera bats

cmw2ward
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I recently acquired a game issued 2006 black C243. The bat is signed "game bat". I posted a question about his factory order records, and I am still waiting for responses.

I have seen two other Rivera bats, the first was listed on Taube's website. It was cracked and signed "game used 05" although he didn't have an at bat (presumably used in batting practice). The second was a steiner auction and was used by another player.

My question is if anyone has or has seen other Rivera bats, especially playoff or world series?

Also is he the rarest of all current day HOF players.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Tim

jkalathas
11-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Tim,

Mariano is the guy I collect. I also own one of his game issued C243 bats, so there are more out there. I would also love to know how many he is issued in a season. Rivera has only ever had one regular season at bat, and during the at bat he used Derek Jeter's bat (would love to own it!!!). As far as being rare, I would certainly think so, because like you said, game used bats of Mariano's don't exist. Im not sure how many batting practice bats are out there... anyone know how often he would step up to the plate during BP for practice?? My guess once or twice a year.

Regards
John

cmw2ward
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
John,

Thanks for the post. I collect pitchers bats, and Rivera is very tough to find. Did your LS Rivera come from steiner, does it any use, is it signed?

Anyone else have Rivera's Playoff or regular issued bats?

Thanks,
Tim

jkalathas
11-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey Tim-

Yes it came from Steiner. I had Mariano sign the bat for me two years ago when I got the chance to meet him. The bat shows no signs of use.

John

jetersbatboy
11-27-2008, 01:00 AM
You guy should try to get Chris AKA Bulbus to show off his MO bat, its signed game used and has a cracked handle. I think it maybe for sale

cmw2ward
11-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Scott,

I could be wrong but i think that Chris' bat is the one that Taube had on his site. If it is we've already counted it, if it's not it would be the 5th one I know of.

Thanks,
Tim