PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving - A Robbery Story

intheminors
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
All,

Unfortunately in this holiday season, I bring you a story that will irritate and scare some of you…

I was robbed last night.

The front door was kicked in and they got what they could and got out quick. They went upstairs to my bedroom and took the 19” Emerson flat screen and the DirecTV box. They got my nice Fuji camera (but left my Canon SureShot), my grandad’s old keyboard from the 80s, my Xbox 360 and Wii games (but left both systems in tact and in plain site).

The reason I’m telling you is they got two very distinctive things that I ask you to keep a lookout for in your ebay searches:

My Brett Favre Packers signed mini helmet. What makes this a little more noticeable than your normal helmet is that I got through the Skybox football card promotion back in 1993-1994. You sent in 10 Skybox wrappers and $50 and they sent the first 250 people an autographed helmet of their choice of five players. I believe the helmet in #54 of 250 but can’t be for certain until I go back through my records. It still has the Skybox certificate with it.
They took my laptop case that had my Dallas Cowboys season tickets in it. My seats are in Section 114, Row 13, Seats 109 and 110. These tickets are no longer good and have been reported to the Cowboys. The barcodes will not scan at the games.
What’s truly amazing is that I have a room in my house that I call 1408. I have two staircases in the house: One goes to 3 of the bedrooms and the guest bathroom; the other goes to 1408 and nowhere else. 1408 has been set up as my man cave. I hadn’t posted pictures before because – as you’ll see – it’s not quite finished. But, as you look at the pics, you’ll notice how much worse it could have been.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for the above items and I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving to roll into the Christmas season.

Kyle

Jags Fan Dan
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
That really stinks, can't imagine how you feel right now. I hope insurance gets you the funds to replace what is replaceable. Another thing you might want to keep an eye on is any local pawn shops. Did the police mention if there hadb een any other break-ins around?

harpt
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
It makes me sick for you to hear that story. I have heard that folks in your situation often report that the "stuff" they lost is of relatively little significance. The bigger issue is the feeling of violation.

I sure am glad they did not end up with more than they did. I look forward to more pics of 1408 when you finish it further.

JCC1968
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Kyle

Sorry to hear about this! it is terrible! I will keep my eyes open and lookout for your items

Jason

AWA85
11-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Kyle,

Really sorry to hear about this, hopefully something can lead to the crooks being caught. I will also keep an eye out on ebay for that that Farve mini helmet!

kudu
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Kyle, Sorry to hear about this. I would also check Craigslist in your area for those items, as well as Ebay. Hope the police catch them.

eisenreich8
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Kyle, in what city and state do you reside? I too will troll the usual marketing outlets.

geoff
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear about this.I hope you get back all the Stuff that was taken.And also hope they catch the Person or Persons that did this.

Fnazxc0114
11-25-2008, 08:51 PM
sorry to hear about this. hopefully things will turn up

bigtime59
11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Kyle:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you get everything back. I'd put a lock on the man cave, just in case.
Mark