PDA

View Full Version : NFL eBay miracle!

scottanservitz
11-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok. We all check eBay all the time looking for that one great buy. I collect NFL gamers and as we all know that there are tons of bad items for sale all the time. I specifically look for RB gamers of 10,000 yd. rushers. I have a limited budget like many of us do so I try to find good pieces at good prices. I have been looking for an Edgerrin James for some time. Well, I found one that has been listed for some time and I had emailed the seller and he stated his lowest price. I was interested, but never pulled the trigger. Well, low and behold another seller listed the same jersey in auction format. He stated it was purchased directly from the Colts. He never stated any letters or documentation attesting to this. So I emailed him and asked if there was a Colts letter or a Gameexclusives letter with the jersey. He promptly replied it had both. And the jersey had the holo from Gameexclusives on the jersey. Well, by this time I was totally hyped on the jersey. So I patiently waited till the last day to make my move. It sat at around $177 dollars till about the 2 minute mark. I made my max bid and sat and waited. It closed at $295. I was really happy. Well, as I anxiously awaited my new gem for my collection I was hoping it was what it was supposedly to be. Well, the jersey shows up without any LOA. I got really nervous and emailed the seller. He promptly appologized that he had forgotten and he would mail it out asap. I contacted Gameexclusives to see if I could get a replacement letter. Well, as many of you that collect NFL gamers may know, they don't have any contracts with any teams right now so they don't have any way of getting me a new letter. Well, a couple of days pass and loandbehold there is an envelope in my mailbox. The letter arrived, and my transaction ended with a big sigh of relief. In the process I saved about $400 to boot. So the lesson to be learned here is to ask questions before you buy. Sometimes things work out for the best. So here is my new addition. Thanks for listening. And have a great Thanksgiving!

Scott

dcrules01
11-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats on a great deall...

scottanservitz
11-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks, dcrules01. I was very happy with it!
Scott

nyjetsfan14
11-26-2008, 11:32 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Indianapolis-Colts-game-used-worn-pants-Reebok-rare_W0QQitemZ370120041319QQihZ024QQcategoryZ86829 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shu40
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Looks great, what a pick up!

kaseyk85
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
ya i was working when it closed i was so mad cause thats the colts jersey i was looking to add to my collection... but then i came around a bob sanders rookie worn so im satisfied. looks great though!

scottanservitz
11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Kasey,
Sorry about that. I too was looking at the Sanders....glad it worked out.
NYJETSFAN,
I'm on it. Thanks.
Thanks for all your comments. And have a great Thanksgiving!
Scott

Neely8
11-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Does it have any wear?

scottanservitz
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Neely,
It does have a few marks on the front numerals. It has a long colored line on the 3 and a few colored marks on the 2 (can't tell from the photo). It has softened on the numbers and the nameplate from washing(s). I seriously doubt it saw more than 1 game for use. Again, for the price I really can't be disappointed on the little wear. I really look for the multiple game used jerseys out there, but they are difficult to find anymore with the star players usually wearing jerseys for only a game, once they get washed it becomes less apparent.

Scott