PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pronkta Claus

gannonknight85
11-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I had seen a news article mentioning that Travis Hafner and Aaron Laffey of the Cleveland Indians will be participating in the annual "Pronkta Claus" chairity event at the South Park mall on December 11th from 7-9, exchanging autographs for new, unwrapped toys of $10 or more value. I was curious if anyone from the Cleveland area has ever gone before or plans on going and what the experience is like. I recently purchased one of his jerseys from this years rehab stint in Buffalo and was wondering if he will sign it and inscribe it game used. Here is the linkhttp://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20081118&content_id=3683744&vkey=pr_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle
Thanks for reading, Andy

thomecollector
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I know when Thome did it at the same mall. He would sign everything. No inscriptions like GU. Heck, One year I went with my sister. We got a bunch of game used stuff signed . There were 5 of us. I went into the KB toys, and picked up $50 worth of toys. One for each one of us. That was a good time.

GarkoCollector
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Andy,
Shoot me an email please.
Tom

B1SON
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
I had seen a news article mentioning that Travis Hafner and Aaron Laffey of the Cleveland Indians will be participating in the annual "Pronkta Claus" chairity event at the South Park mall on December 11th from 7-9, exchanging autographs for new, unwrapped toys of $10 or more value. I was curious if anyone from the Cleveland area has ever gone before or plans on going and what the experience is like. I recently purchased one of his jerseys from this years rehab stint in Buffalo and was wondering if he will sign it and inscribe it game used. Here is the linkhttp://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20081118&content_id=3683744&vkey=pr_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle
Thanks for reading, Andy

Hafner is an outstanding individual! Thats small town North Dakota values for you! ;)

tbone90
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I've went to this signing for several years. It seems to be well organized, the crowds are managable and it moves along fairly well. Travis is always personable and will talk with you, unlike some others who won't even pick their head up. Just like Thome who did this event before him, Travis always stays until everyone with a toy to donate gets an autograph. I've never seen him inscribe game used or GU on items but he has written "Pronk" and his jersey number when requested.

gannonknight85
11-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the good information guys, I appreciate it and if anybody is going maybe drop me an e-mail, I will most certainly be there.