PDA

View Full Version : Bucs wearing orange throwbacks in 2009!

jake33
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
One of the biggest reason I became a Bucs fan as a kid is their old uniforms. The Buccaneers have now said that they will honor the 30th anniversary of the 1979 Bucs that made the NFC title game (and got hosed and lost), to honor the team the Bucs will wear full throwback uniforms for 1 game next year.

Now as the super bucs fan that I am, I called the Bucs PR office asking if the Bucs will auction off the uniforms after the game, they said no decision has been made yet.

2002-present day buccaneers game used jerseys are almost in the realm of steelers game jersey, impossible to find, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and starting to save up money (for Barrett Ruud, Josh Bidwell, and Byron Storer) in case the bucs do sell them.

I will also be at that game getting as many photo matches as humanly possible

AWA85
11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Jake, I do not follow the NFL as close as the NCAA. How has Rudd been for you guys? I remember he stepped it up past season, just wanted to check in on the former Husker!

nyjetsfan14
11-23-2008, 06:42 PM
One of the biggest reason I became a Bucs fan as a kid is their old uniforms. The Buccaneers have now said that they will honor the 30th anniversary of the 1979 Bucs that made the NFC title game (and got hosed and lost), to honor the team the Bucs will wear full throwback uniforms for 1 game next year.

Now as the super bucs fan that I am, I called the Bucs PR office asking if the Bucs will auction off the uniforms after the game, they said no decision has been made yet.

2002-present day buccaneers game used jerseys are almost in the realm of steelers game jersey, impossible to find, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and starting to save up money (for Barrett Ruud, Josh Bidwell, and Byron Storer) in case the bucs do sell them.

I will also be at that game getting as many photo matches as humanly possible

Those uni's take a lot of heat but I always thought they were absolutely GREAT looking duds (as well as the old Pats uni's - hard to believe I have anything nice to say about that team). That will be very cool to see them finally wearing throwbacks but more importantly honoring a really under recognized team and feat going from worst to first. I always enjoy the Jets wearing throwbacks and hope they decide to sport the 80's throwbacks sometime in honor of the Sack Exchange. Have fun at that game but it looks like the Bucs have a lot of important football to play before than. Enjoy the rest of the season.

jake33
11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Barrett Ruud is becoming a star down here. people really like him and never have heard anything bad about him at all.

I am not looking forward to seeing the reebok vector on the old bucs uni's though