PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas Present

cohibasmoker
11-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Hey Sports Fans,

I just got a terrific deal at Steiner Sports. On Thursday, I got a call from Steiner saying that on Friday and Saturday (Today) there will be a 40% discount on all of their items so today, I gave it a shot.

I went to their website and picked out a Final Game locker-room nameplate. The nameplate was already discounted 25% so when I went to checkout and typed in “40OFF”, I got an additional 40% off the already discounted item. It wasn’t a big purchase but it was a pretty good deal.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net (flaa1a@comcast.net)

FENWAY
11-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I owe you one Friend. Consider yourself hugged...ya know, one of those awkward man huggs . Seriously... Thanks.

TNTtoys
11-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow Jim, the prices at Steiner are so good, they're practically giving it all away!!! :D

Actual screen shot from their website taken today...

cohibasmoker
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I owe you one Friend. Consider yourself hugged...ya know, one of those awkward man huggs . Seriously... Thanks.

Being a red Sox fan, I really had a hard time buying anything Yankees. Hopefully the day will never come when there are Fenway Park Final game items for sale anywhere.

Jim

Jays1fan
11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I usually dont buy things from Other Team Stadiums , but I picked up the "Blue Jays" On Deck Circle from Shea Stadium with this sale. Now I have to find Some where to put it. 60" in Diameter ! At least the shipping was only $9.99 too because I heard these things are Heavy.

Considering the Jays have only played there a few times and this is the Logo from 1997 - 2003 ... I think it makes it a Unique Blue Jays item for my collection.

Anyone else have a batting Circle ?? any thought on displaying it ?
Thanks
Scott

cohibasmoker
11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I usually dont buy things from Other Team Stadiums , but I picked up the "Blue Jays" On Deck Circle from Shea Stadium with this sale. Now I have to find Some where to put it. 60" in Diameter ! At least the shipping was only $9.99 too because I heard these things are Heavy.

Considering the Jays have only played there a few times and this is the Logo from 1997 - 2003 ... I think it makes it a Unique Blue Jays item for my collection.

Anyone else have a batting Circle ?? any thought on displaying it ?
Thanks
Scott

Very nice pick-up indeed. The savings on postage is nothing to sneeze at because those babies are heavy. Displaying it may be one issue but another issue may be, it's probably going to be very dirty when you receive it. You may want to open the package in the garage or your wife will kill you. Hey with all of the Mets fans out there, if the circle does come with dried dirt on it, you may want to save the dirt.

I has a on-deck circle from Veterans Stadium that I sold to a friend. What he did was he put it in his den/bar. I still can't believe he did this but he placed the circle on the rug, drew an outline around the circle then cut a hole into the rug. He then fit the circle into the opening so when you walked into his den, you did not trip on the circle because it flush with the rug.

He has since remodeled his den/bar and he sold the on-deck circle.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Jays1fan
11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Very nice pick-up indeed. The savings on postage is nothing to sneeze at because those babies are heavy. Displaying it may be one issue but another issue may be, it's probably going to be very dirty when you receive it. You may want to open the package in the garage or your wife will kill you. Hey with all of the Mets fans out there, if the circle does come with dried dirt on it, you may want to save the dirt.

I has a on-deck circle from Veterans Stadium that I sold to a friend. What he did was he put it in his den/bar. I still can't believe he did this but he placed the circle on the rug, drew an outline around the circle then cut a hole into the rug. He then fit the circle into the opening so when you walked into his den, you did not trip on the circle because it flush with the rug.

He has since remodeled his den/bar and he sold the on-deck circle.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

I will indeed open it in the Garage. :)
I really dont have the Room for it , even on the Floor and not 100% sure what I am going to do with it, but a unique piece it is. I basically have 1 wall to work with. I got 4 Jerseys hanging in a closet. I wish I could build those "Lockers" like another memeber had done and sit it on the Floor in front of them. about a foot of the On Deck Circle would be under the bed but that might not be so bad.

How "Thick" are these things ?

Jays1fan
11-23-2008, 12:43 PM
After doing some research on this Blue Jays at Mets on Deck Circle , I learned they played there in 1997 , 1999 and 2001.

Alot of Great Blue Jays came accross it. From Delgado , Joe Carter , Shawn Green , Tony Fernandez to Pitchers like Clemens , Hentgen , Roy Halladay and David Wells.

I know its not a Jersey or a Personal item , but am glad I bought it.
Thanks for the "Tip" on the 40% off. Now if Steiner would have a 80% off sale ( LOL ) , I would consider a couple of more unique items.

cohibasmoker
11-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey Sports Fans,

I just got a terrific deal at Steiner Sports. On Thursday, I got a call from Steiner saying that on Friday and Saturday (Today) there will be a 40% discount on all of their items so today, I gave it a shot.

I went to their website and picked out a Final Game locker-room nameplate. The nameplate was already discounted 25% so when I went to checkout and typed in “40OFF”, I got an additional 40% off the already discounted item. It wasn’t a big purchase but it was a pretty good deal.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net (flaa1a@comcast.net)

Just got my nameplate. I ordered it on Saturday and got it today - Tuesday. Steiner really does do it right

Jays1fan
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Just got my nameplate. I ordered it on Saturday and got it today - Tuesday. Steiner really does do it right

What shipping Co. did they use ?

cohibasmoker
11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
What shipping Co. did they use ?

They sent the item via UPS ground. I live in New Joysey.

raider1088
11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
i made out like a bandit on steiners website with the 40% off also.i got former ranger sean avery signed rangers jersey which was already discount 75% off[99.99].i added the 40%off in and got it down to 69.00 including shipping and got a free lighted puck case to boot.i also got jerry manuels game used 2006 black cap,victor diaz's 2005 signed game issued black cap and paul loduca's 2007 ny mets baseball orange t-shirt for dirt cheap prices.