PDA

View Full Version : Question on value of MLB Debut/1st MLB hit game used items

AndersonAuthentics
11-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello all,

New poster, long time lurker. Am completing a deal to acquire a few items that a player used while he made his MLB Debut and achieved his first MLB base hit. The player has signed the items acknowledging both achievements, and included a signed letter of authenticity stating they were in fact used in both achievements. What type of premium do these items stand to command compared to regular game used items (if any)? Thanks in advance!

J

dcgreg25
11-21-2008, 08:22 PM
It all depends on the player and level of the player (all star vs. utility player, etc). The question is tough to answer without knowing who the player is. In my mind the better the player the higher the premium for their milestone achievements. If you care to post more specifics, I am sure you would get a more significant reply from the members here.

Jays1fan
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Also Depends on the COA / Company. There are some with not so good reps. Just hope it isnt the Orlando Hudson / ASI on ebay. $1300 for a ball and Bat. Some crazy Prices out there.

AndersonAuthentics
11-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Am buying the items directly from the player. Don't want to say player's name until the items are in hand. Player was one of the top MiLB players this year, and is the organizations hands down #1 prospect.

camarokids
11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Am buying the items directly from the player. Don't want to say player's name until the items are in hand. Player was one of the top MiLB players this year, and is the organizations hands down #1 prospect.

If the player was known, you could get better answers as far as value....

Something to keep in mind, this player could get hurt or just take a dive, so be careful not to spend too much money.....

There was a thread a little while back abut the crazy money being spent on new up and coming players (Evan Longoria is a great example)....

Just like buying a stock, you're taking a chance...

brianborsch
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Who is the prospect?!? I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!

chakes89
11-22-2008, 05:41 AM
It's probably Longoria, Snider or Bruce

AndersonAuthentics
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Not looking for approximate values, am looking for premium compared to the standard game used items. Would it be worth 5x the amount of a regular game used item? 10x? Considering it is the only item of its kind, I have no idea as to what to even begin asking compared to the regular items. Thanks

yanks12025
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
We need to know the player to help you with the value.

AWA85
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Depends on the farm system he is in also, if you want to share who the major league team he is affiliated with we might be able to help???

camarokids
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Not looking for approximate values, am looking for premium compared to the standard game used items. Would it be worth 5x the amount of a regular game used item? 10x? Considering it is the only item of its kind, I have no idea as to what to even begin asking compared to the regular items. Thanks

Premium is still a value....:D

An average player and it would not make much of a difference....

Just tell us who the player is, it is not like someone is going to know where you are buying it from and take it away from you...:rolleyes:

Personally, I would not waste my money on such an item. Especially since there is a lot of speculation with this ghost of a player....

Vague questions will get vague answers......

AndersonAuthentics
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Last thing I need is the player's agent to stumble on this and change the pricing on me. Am just going to delete the post since it appears it is too hard for members here to even attempt to help without knowing every single detail.

yanks12025
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Well we need to know the details about it to give you the best idea of value. And depending on the player and we say the value is good then just buy it. I doubt the agent will see this post and change the price on you.

AndersonAuthentics
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Apparently can't edit the posts. Screw it, player is Mat Gamel. Items used in MLB Debut and 1st MLB hit. Practically entire uniform and bat.

yanks12025
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Mat Gamel?
Never heard of him. if you like the jersey/bat and you think its a fare price then go ahead. You never know he may turn out to be someone. But i dont think it adds much value right now because he only has acouple of at-bats. But if he does turn into someone the value would go up more.

AWA85
11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
We do have a few BIG BIG Brewers collectors, get one of their emails and they could give you price estimates and their thoughts.

AndersonAuthentics
11-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Have spoken with two of the big Brewers collectors, and we've talked numbers on the traditional game used items. It is not the pricing of the items I am confused about, it is simply the premium of the fact that the item was used in a "milestone" moment. I have never seen an MLB Debut/1st MLB hit bat before of any player on the market, which led to my post here asking what premium would apply in this situation.

AWA85
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I myself would love to get a milestone or FIRST of something if it was from a player on my favorite team. So yes I think there could be a little high value. It may not be a huge amount later, but yes it is a one of a kind so I would say it is more unique and special!

joelsabi
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
i have seen debut stuff for i think it was BJ Upton and his markup was a lot. i think it was lockerrroom authentic that had it. so yours is not the first out there that i know of.

brianborsch
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
If you can find a big Gamel fan, I am sure they would pay a premium for it.

BB

joelsabi
11-23-2008, 08:19 PM
would 1st professional game (ie. first minor league game) have a premium as opposed to MLB debut? would you pay for it?

AndersonAuthentics
11-23-2008, 08:29 PM
would 1st professional game (ie. first minor league game) have a premium as opposed to MLB debut? would you pay for it?

Easily. Imagine how huge of a bidding war would ensue if Alex Rodriguez's first ANYTHING item showed up for sale (1st MiLB HR, MLB HR, MiLB hit, MLB hit, debuts, etc). While Gamel is nowhere near ARod, he has a huge following and will at worst be a solid MLB player.

I just see these items as extremely unique, due to the fact that while there will be many game used items down the line of this player, there will never be another MLB Debut or 1st MLB hit item. Besides, if I don't see a number I don't really like when trying to sell, I'd love to throw these items in the personal collection and just take a wait and see approach to his career.

Thanks for the insight guys.

joelsabi
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Easily. Imagine how huge of a bidding war would ensue if Alex Rodriguez's first ANYTHING item showed up for sale (1st MiLB HR, MLB HR, MiLB hit, MLB hit, debuts, etc). While Gamel is nowhere near ARod, he has a huge following and will at worst be a solid MLB player.

I just see these items as extremely unique, due to the fact that while there will be many game used items down the line of this player, there will never be another MLB Debut or 1st MLB hit item. Besides, if I don't see a number I don't really like when trying to sell, I'd love to throw these items in the personal collection and just take a wait and see approach to his career.

Thanks for the insight guys.

Based on your GUU ID, does that mean you will be selling this item in the near future or are you a collector?