PDA

View Full Version : Mike Moustakas' ONLY Game Used 2008 Jersey that will be FS!!!

moustakasfan
11-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I am looking to move this item and was recommened to this site by a member on the Neshek board.
This is a 2008 Burlington Bees jersey from a series during the season. It is a specialty jersey they auctioned off to benefit flood relief. I will include pictures that I took of him during the game as proof shots. There is no COA as the team did not have any.
This is the ONLY Bees jersey you will see for sale of Mike Moustakas. He did wear team jerseys too but they aren't selling those, I asked.
I am asking for $450 paypal. Mike's game used cracked bats have gone for 260-399 on ebay. Mike has hundreds of those but this is the one and only! It is signed by Mike and has dirt stains on the front as it has not been washed.
Time is critical, as I have an offer that I am pondering but thought I'd offer it here. First $450 paypal takes it.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/quhawks33/000-MOOSE2.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/quhawks33/000-MOOSE1.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/quhawks33/000-MOOSE3.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/quhawks33/000-MOOSE5.jpg

AWA85
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Seeing these jerseys in person, buyers should know this is not a regular material jersey. Little on the cheap side, but it was all for a Flood Relief auction so that is expected.

kylehess10
11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Mike's game used cracked bats have gone for 260-399 on ebay. Mike has hundreds of those but this is the one and only!

No offense but you over-exaggerated a lot with this. I could only find 1 bat of Moustaka's on eBay, and it sold for $200. I couldn't find any other. Plus it would seem pretty ridiculous that in the 137 games he played in the minor leagues, that he would use "hundreds" of bats.

mbrieve
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
No offense but you over-exaggerated a lot with this. I could only find 1 bat of Moustaka's on eBay, and it sold for $200. I couldn't find any other. Plus it would seem pretty ridiculous that in the 137 games he played in the minor leagues, that he would use "hundreds" of bats.

Point taken on the "hundreds of bats" comment, but eBay's completed auctions search is far from extensive. In my experience, it only goes back a certain number of days (90?), and it doesn't always return all completed auctions. I could be completely wrong on this, as I don't use the feature all that often, but when I have used it trying to find specific items that I may have lost, they don't always show up.

moustakasfan
11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I think that I may be misunderstood. When saying he will go through hundreds of bats I was not meaning during the 08 season. I was meaning that you will see plenty of opportunities to purchase his bats since he will be going through them for years. Thats all I was getting at. Sorry if you misunderstood or my wording was unclear.

Second, about the puchase price on ebay I know those are accurate. I was outbid when the first one went up and I bid 250. There was a second one that went up and it sold at a buy it now price of 399. I checked this morning because I was thinking of putting it on ebay.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them. Again, sorry for any misunderstanding. My intent is not to deceive.

Thanks

moustakasfan
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I just checked on ebay again to triple check and let people know where I found the 399.
I went to "what it's worth"
typed in Mike Moustakas game used
and it gave me one listing in the last 3 weeks and it sold for 399.99

I hope this helps.

AWA85
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Kyle, I am with you I watch for all Moustakas items after watching him play this year in Burlington and I think I have seen only 2 bats hit ebay. The last one had a high Buy Now but the OFFER that was taken was for $200.

On a side note, Mike does not give out many bats AT ALL.

Did you purchase any other jerseys that night? I was eying the Duffy and Moustakas but let them go.

moustakasfan
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
The Moustakas was the only one I purchased. I saw the Duffy one too but went for too much for me. You said you saw him play in Burlington then you probably saw me or may even know me. Last year my wife, daughter and I had box seat season tickets in the front row. We had a blast watching him play and it pains me to sell this but sort of need to.
I too have been scanning ebay weekly for his game used items. The first bat I was outbid on was the one that the guy from Peoria was selling. It was completely in two pieces and I got outbid at 250. I saw there was one up a few weeks ago and it had a buy it now of 399.99. You can read my previous posts to see how I came across that.

Any questions, I'll do my best to answer. I'll be checking in periodically until 4pm central. Then I will get back on tomorrow morning.

ndevlin
11-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I've been keeping an eye out on his game used items since he was drafted and I have only seen 2 bats, I believe, and they are not cheap. Anywhere between $225-$350 is pretty accurate.

ndevlin
11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
.....and on a side note. I was told that he is not allowed to give his bats to anyone after he breaks them.

AWA85
11-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Nate, he gave me that reason at the start of the year and I don't know if I buy it. He claimed they were sent back to his bat company. Well I emailed them and got responses that bats are only sent in if there is problem or defect that needs to be looked at.

This doesn't mean his agent (BORAS) or somebody isn't collecting them, but I just did not buy that story of them being sent back into the bat company. As he continues to move up, I think we will see more and more out on the market. I personally would like to wait till he is past LOW A minor league baseball before I drop $200 or more on a bat.

ndevlin
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I completely agree. Thought it was odd, but figured that could be the reason why we are only seeing 2 thus far. Someone must be hiding them, because I know he broke more than 2 bats last season.

70to66
11-19-2008, 03:45 PM
He told me in Burlington last year that his agent gets all of his broken bats.
70to66

AWA85
11-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe Scott Boras is a big time game used memorabilia collector :D

moustakasfan
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey, if so give him my number :D

70to66
11-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I've traded with this guy before and he is legit, I have not seen the jersey, but he told me about it after he got it and I did see him in Burlington last year.
70to66

moustakasfan
11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm back again to answer anymore questions you may have. I'm not sure how much longer I will keep this up here since I have an offer for 325 on another site. If anyone can get higher than that paypal I will take. Otherwise I'm going to let the other guy have it. Thanks

moustakasfan
11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
This is the last day this will be available. I leave work in an hour and I will let it sit tonight for those that get on in the evening to have one last shot. Tomorrow morning, if I have yet to get a good offer I will let the other guy have it. Thanks for all that have looked.

notxpensv4u
11-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Please email me at kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com as I am very interested in the jersey. I have 380+ feedbacks on ebay and references.Thanks,Tim

jlew22
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Send me an email to JLAuthentics@aol.com. I also am very interested in the jersey.

Thanks,
Jim Lewis

notxpensv4u
11-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I am ready to make an offer (Higher than your other offer) if you contact me.Please let me know. one way or another. Thanks,Tim

moustakasfan
11-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys for allowing me to post this on here and all the great feedback. I learned a few things too. This is an awesome site you guys have with tons of interesting people and items.
I have sent out emails to the 2 that showed interest and hope to work out a deal with one of them. I meant to have this done by today but my wife gave birth early this morning and we welcomed a little girl into the world, Allison Layne. She was 3 weeks early and took us for a surprise.

Anyway, thanks and congrats on such an awesome site.

70to66
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the baby!!!

moustakasfan
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Just trying to get ahold of the two that were interested. Send me an email at adam.goings@yahoo.com asap. I want to ship it out and be done with it Monday.

camarokids
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the baby!!!

I second that notion!

moustakasfan
11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I have yet to hear from the 2 that were interested so I will open it back up to anyone. I have an absolute concrete time limit of tomorrow morning 7:30 am central. At that time I have to let my other guy know if I accept his offer. So the offers must be at least 325 paypal and be ready to send $ tomorrow at the latest. If I get a good offer I like, I will take it before the time limit is up.
I can be reached at adam.goings@yahoo.com

moustakasfan
11-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, this now closed. Never did get a follow up from the 2 that seemed interested so later this morning I am letting the other guy have it for 325. Thanks for all those that looked.