PDA

View Full Version : A supposed NY Jets Brett Favre game worn jersey surfaces...

nyjetsfan14
11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
or at least part of one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Favre-Lettermen-1-1-SWEET-RARE-CARD-JETS_W0QQitemZ220314900457QQihZ012QQcategoryZ15997 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

a piece of one of probably 30+ jerseys he'll wear this season and who knows how many issued. Jersey cards of the newer players doesn't bother me because the players are wearing so many jerseys these days there is more than enough to go around. But seeing the Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau jersey cards this season and last is quite distressing, two of the All-Time Jets greats having rare pieces (if they were indeed legit) shredded :( Anyhow, does anybody know if the NFL, the teams, or the players/player reps sell current player jerseys to the card companies? I wonder if there are set prices now or contracts in place with the card companies and NFL?

otismalibu
11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
That doesn't look like a correct R for Jets font to me.

Getty image #82968130

Of course, it doesn't say it's from a Jets jersey.

nyjetsfan14
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
That doesn't look like a correct R for Jets font to me.

Getty image #82968130

Of course, it doesn't say it's from a Jets jersey.

Ahh good catch Greg, maybe this is from a Packers jersey? If so, that seems to be misleading considering the card is all dressed up as a Jets card. Sometimes the card company will put a picture of the jersey that the swatch was cut from but obviously not in this instance. If it is in fact from a Packers jersey I wonder if Donruss reps were informed of the recent info. regarding not so iron clad Favre pieces and what steps they took to ensure the authenticity of their piece(s) or how much do they even care? Pretty much impossible to authenticate a jersey piece either way so what liability could they actually have?

trsent
11-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Ahh good catch Greg, maybe this is from a Packers jersey? If so, that seems to be misleading considering the card is all dressed up as a Jets card. Sometimes the card company will put a picture of the jersey that the swatch was cut from but obviously not in this instance. If it is in fact from a Packers jersey I wonder if Donruss reps were informed of the recent info. regarding not so iron clad Favre pieces and what steps they took to ensure the authenticity of their piece(s) or how much do they even care? Pretty much impossible to authenticate a jersey piece either way so what liability could they actually have?

I bet they don't care.

At least these Lettermen cards claim to be from a game used jersey. Most cards with letters these days from Upper Deck they use the expression "Manufactured Patch" to mean the patch is made just for the card to look cool.

bballer122333
12-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Hey guys that is actually my card and thought I'd answer some questions. Unfortunatley it is not from his Jet jersey but from his packer Jersey. It is /5 one of each letter.Although it is not actually from his jets jersey it is his first memoribilia card as a Jet. That is not my auction I had to trade for that card. And dont worry guys its in the hands of a big Jet fan ;)

bballer122333
12-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey guys that is actually my card and thought I'd answer some questions. Unfortunatley it is not from his Jet jersey but from his packer Jersey. It is /5 one of each letter.Although it is not actually from his jets jersey it is his first memoribilia card as a Jet. That is not my auction I had to trade for that card. And dont worry guys its in the hands of a big Jet fan ;) also it is game worn