PDA

View Full Version : Denny McLain Game Used Bat

cmw2ward
11-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Looking for a Denny McLain game used bat. Was wondering if anyone knows the ordering records? Also looking for any other Hall of Fame pitcher game used bats. Thanks.

Chris

cmw2ward
11-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Still looking for any future or current HOF pitchers bats. Thanks in advance!

skyking26
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
McLain signs at several shows in the Detroit area thru the year. If you live in the Detroit area, I would not feel shy about asking him if he still had one and wanted to sell. After what this guy did to people financially and knowingly, he ought to give his stuff away. What a waste of space. Just his name alone angers me...

trsent
11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
McLain signs at several shows in the Detroit area thru the year. If you live in the Detroit area, I would not feel shy about asking him if he still had one and wanted to sell. After what this guy did to people financially and knowingly, he ought to give his stuff away. What a waste of space. Just his name alone angers me...

1968: 31-6, 1.96 ERA, MVP, Cy Young Award
1969: 24-9, 2.00 ERA, Cy Young Award

I'll post the good, you may post the bad.

skyking26
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
He had great numbers on the field those years Joel. No doubt. If you live here you are well aware of what he has done to countless innocent people. No conscience. He's a walking self destructive time bomb. You'd think after the first few prison stints he'd think of a way to do something positive with his life. After the last one he went in on a Saginaw meat packing plant and sucked the pensions dry... It's all in the papers and on the web...

Should my post get deleted, I just say what I know is right...

cmw2ward
11-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Skyking,

I have no moral judgement. I collect HOF and Cy Young pitchers bats. Just out of curiosity would you buy a Pete Rose bat, or a Ty Cobb bat, or even a Barry Bonds bat?

I recently purchased a Roger Clemens World Series bat, being that many believe him to be a liar and possible drug user would he be off limits? Just some food for thought. Thanks.

Tim

skyking26
11-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Skyking,

I have no moral judgement. I collect HOF and Cy Young pitchers bats. Just out of curiosity would you buy a Pete Rose bat, or a Ty Cobb bat, or even a Barry Bonds bat?

I recently purchased a Roger Clemens World Series bat, being that many believe him to be a liar and possible drug user would he be off limits? Just some food for thought. Thanks.

Tim
Hey Tim - No reflection on you. My post were made as the whole Denny thing is in our face locally all the time and I am very familiar with what his actions have caused.

Regarding your question, no, I probably would not buy a bat of the players you mentioned...

cmw2ward
11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Skyking,

I totally understand. From what I've read he seems to have had a less than perfect life. I'm 31 so he was a little before my time.

That being said if you happen to come across his or any other Cy Young pitchers bats, please keep me in mind. Thanks.

Tim

skyking26
11-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I certainly will. He signs everywhere. Anyplace he can make a buck after the many prison sentences. Make up for lost time ya know...

Mark17
01-01-2009, 02:42 AM
On a related, and perhaps more positive note, I'd love to obtain a Mickey Lolich GU bat, if anyone can help.

nealdevelopment@yahoo.com
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
CMW2ward
I have a couple of nice pitchers HOF bats
nealdevelopment@san.rr.com