PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of "Collector to Collector Classified" Section

RobSteinmetz
11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone.

We had a user post an item today for well above the $500 limit. His post was deleted, and he was sent an email reminder about the forum rules. This user then reposted the same item, asking members to email him for a price. That post was also deleted. He then relisted the item with a $500 price, and sent this reponse to one of our members via private email:

...I must mention that $500 is not the true price of the jersey. I had to put $500 to keep within forum rules. I am asking $950 or best offer...

As a result, this member has been suspended for 30 days. Guys, please don't abuse this forum, or attempt to creatively circumvent the rules. If you don't want to abide by the rules, list your items on eBay or elsewhere. Needless to say, future problems like this will result in suspensions a lot longer than 30 days.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz

otismalibu
11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
He had to try. It would have cost $0.35 to list that $950 item on eBay.

bigtruck260
11-13-2008, 05:53 PM
...but there are those Final Value fees

b.heagy
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
and paypal fees..............

otismalibu
11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
...but there are those Final Value fees

Trust me, the eBay side deal is still alive and well. I'm sure we've all seen those Item Is No Longer Available, Mistake In The Listing, etc. sudden endings.

and paypal fees..............

There are Paypal fees whether you buy off eBay or buy off GUF. And really, it makes much more sense to pay with Paypal rather than money order.

commando
11-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I think this is fair. Thanks again for offering the Classified section to us!

70to66
11-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Ditto...

b.heagy
11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
There are Paypal fees whether you buy off eBay or buy off GUF. And really, it makes much more sense to pay with Paypal rather than money order.[/quote]

I prefer a good ole fashion check. Seller gets all their money, I get my item. Both sides happy. Have not had any complaints writing checks.

Vintagedeputy
11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi Everyone.

We had a user post an item today for well above the $500 limit. His post was deleted, and he was sent an email reminder about the forum rules. This user then reposted the same item, asking members to email him for a price. That post was also deleted. He then relisted the item with a $500 price, and sent this reponse to one of our members via private email:

...I must mention that $500 is not the true price of the jersey. I had to put $500 to keep within forum rules. I am asking $950 or best offer...

As a result, this member has been suspended for 30 days. Guys, please don't abuse this forum, or attempt to creatively circumvent the rules. If you don't want to abide by the rules, list your items on eBay or elsewhere. Needless to say, future problems like this will result in suspensions a lot longer than 30 days.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz

cheaters never win, and winners never cheat

some folks just dont learn.....

ndevlin
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Hey, at least he wasnt completely terminated like some people have had done to them for less actions.

34swtns
11-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Trust me, the eBay side deal is still alive and well. I'm sure we've all seen those Item Is No Longer Available, Mistake In The Listing, etc. sudden endings.

Proud to say I'm responsible for several of those. :D

And yes, we all know how that hacks off some of you ebay cheerleaders.

Too bad.

nyjetsfan14
11-14-2008, 01:59 AM
cheaters never win, and winners never cheat

some folks just dont learn.....

That's an oldie but goodie and as evidence I present: Jets 34 Patsies 31 To quote the great Rick Pitino: Tom Brady aint walkin thru that door :D Spygate that!