PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter Autographed world series 2001 jersey

lou3alex2
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello Everyone,
More questions...came across a Derek Jeter Autographed Jersey (in my house) and need some help.
The jersey is Autographed in the front under the "NY", it has a patch on each sleeve. One is World Series 2001 and the other is 100 seasons American League 1901-2001. There is a black band around the left sleeve (like if someone died).
It is a Russell Athletic size 52 with a tag that reads Authentic Collection. I do have a coa from Famous Ink Corp with matching holograms.
Any help would be great.
Thanks again,
Lisa

costas
11-11-2008, 05:59 PM
does it also have the American Flag on the back neck collar sewn directly on top of the MLB logo?

lou3alex2
11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Hello,
yes there is an American flag patch on the back near the collar.
Thanks,
Lisa

David
11-12-2008, 01:29 AM
According to Famous Ink, all their autographed items were signed in person. Sounds like they do private signings.

BULBUS
11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
hi lisa,

are you questioning whether or not the jersey was worn by jeter?

-chris

lou3alex2
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Chris,
No, I know it is not a game worn jersey...Just how much is it worth, how many like this one are out there, what is the black band for (specific). Just any info would be great.
Thanks,
Lisa

hi lisa,

are you questioning whether or not the jersey was worn by jeter?

-chris

costas
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
the black armband was placed in memory of the victims of the September 11th attacks, along with the American Flag patch.

David
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't now exactly, but I would think a Jeter signed official Yankees jersey from a in person signing would be worth a few hundred. The COA company appears legit.

lou3alex2
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats very interesting. does anyone know how many they have like this and what it is worth????
Thanks,
Lisa

costas
11-12-2008, 01:32 PM
how thick is the armband, if I may ask. I know there's some people selling these jerseys customized on ebay that just added on the patches along with an armband to give it a 2001 World Series theme.

BULBUS
11-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Jeter autographed jerseys are pretty common these days. Your jersey is a little more rare, but Steiner Sports sold plenty of them back in 2001-2002. Their asking price was around $800. I would say your jersey would sell in the $350-$450 range. If it was a jersey from their championship years, it would go for a little more. Hope this helps.

-Chris

lou3alex2
11-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks, the armband is almost exactly 1 inch maybe 1/16 inch more and it is not tape it is material (seems a little stretchy) sewn on over the "R" patch (russell) on the arm. I will list it on ebay a little later today, so you can look and let me know I am packrat-collectibles130. Thanks so much, Lisa

how thick is the armband, if I may ask. I know there's some people selling these jerseys customized on ebay that just added on the patches along with an armband to give it a 2001 World Series theme.

lou3alex2
11-12-2008, 04:11 PM
ok its on. look at the pictures and let me know. thanks, Lisa

Vintagedeputy
11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello Everyone,
More questions...came across a Derek Jeter Autographed Jersey (in my house) and need some help.
The jersey is Autographed in the front under the "NY", it has a patch on each sleeve. One is World Series 2001 and the other is 100 seasons American League 1901-2001. There is a black band around the left sleeve (like if someone died).
It is a Russell Athletic size 52 with a tag that reads Authentic Collection. I do have a coa from Famous Ink Corp with matching holograms.
Any help would be great.
Thanks again,
Lisa

ok, gotta ask...how does one just come across a Derek Jeter auto'd jersey in their house?

I've been walking around my house all day and all I found was a missing sock behind the dryer.... :)

lou3alex2
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
If you saw the stuff we have collected over the years, you would understand. some people know a little about me...in late 1989 we opened a "cart" at the Tabor center which is attached to the Westin Hotel in downtown Denver. Then in early 1990 we opened 2 kiosks, one was in the food court and we sold sunglasses (Oakleys, Revos, Maui Jims,etc.)and watches (swatch, fossil, seiko, bulova, casio, etc.). The westin Hotel was the hotel where the professional teams would stay. We became friends with a lot of them, and would trade for autographed shoes, balls, jerseys, tickets, a lot of stuff and then being in retail we got connected with the people who sold to the "autograph sport stores" in the malls. This Deter jersey we bought from Famous ink. But my husband just came down from the attic with 6 more autographed basketballs, autographed shoes, and (I need help with this one) a "Braves 21" Then on the tag in the front is "The major league baseball cooperstown authentic collection" There is a patch of an Indian with his mouth wide open with a mohawk (haircut) It is a zip up and it feels like wool (material). Any Ideas about this item. It is really nice. It also has 4 sewn "eyeholes" in each armpit. The tag on the inside is nostalgia co. Mitchell & Ness Philadelphia, Pa. Any info would be great. Also the word "Braves, the tomahawk and 21 are made of a thick, kinda fuzzy felt. We have boxes of stuff.
Thanks for all your help.
Lisa
thanks for any info.

ok, gotta ask...how does one just come across a Derek Jeter auto'd jersey in their house?

I've been walking around my house all day and all I found was a missing sock behind the dryer.... :)