PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Charlie Zink Boston Red Sox Home Jersey (MLB Debut?)

brandonmayday
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Hello,

Up for sale is a 2008 Charlie Zink Boston Red Sox #51 home white jersey with Steiner LOA. Jersey was purchased as game issued but after researching the jersey, I believe that it was worn in Zink's MLB Debut on 8/12/08 and also by Julian Tavarez earlier in the season as it shows pretty nice use. The 0062 wash tag shows that the jersey has been washed several times as well. I was able to find some photos of Zink from 8/12/08 and the creases on the numbers seem to match with this jersey. Jersey has the Red Sox set tag under the Majestic logo and also has a pen mark on the front at the bottom. Any questions or for pics, please email brandonmayday@yahoo.com. Asking $400 delivered.

(* Pics will be available after 6:00 CST today or as soon as I get home from work.*)

matt
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
As a humorous aside, while a player's debut normally inflates the value of those GU items, this was one of the most painful first starts I can recall for the Sox. Mr Z went a flashy 4.33 innings and allowed 8 runs vs Texas for a "career" ERA of over 16.

I know he has a MiLB fan base and was likely nervous, so perhaps he will get another shot at the show next year.

Matt

AstrosCollector
11-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Not to mention he is a knuckleballer.....if it is not working that day....you just get hammered.

brandomayday
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,

wanted to let everyone know that after researching the jersey a little bit more, I have determined that it wasnt worn by Zink in his debut. I found another pic of Zink from the game and it appears that he was wearing a Cool Base jersey during the start. Since this jersey is just a regular one, I am now selling the jersey as a Zink game issue. The jersey definitely shows use though and was worn by someone but most likely Julian Tavarez.

Here are some pics. Now asking $250.00.

brandonmayday
11-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Price lowered to $170.00 shipped. Thanks!!

brandonmayday@yahoo.com